Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
Movies
Byrne Robotics > Movies Page of 2 Next >>
Topic: DeNiro Badmouths Rump Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Imaginary X-Man

Posted: 13 June 2018 at 10:02am | IP Logged | 1 post reply

And immediately we get THIS.

What is it with the Right and pedophilia?

Back to Top profile | search

Charles Valderrama
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 June 2018 at 10:37am | IP Logged | 2 post reply

The Right are obviously feeling the heat of the upcoming midterms.

I applaud De Niro... he says what many Americas already feel.

-C!
Back to Top profile | search | www

Michael Moore
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 June 2018 at 4:19pm | IP Logged | 3 post reply

"he says what many Americas already feel."

How do you know what many Americans already feel? A lot of people are sick of the ignorance, blatant bigotry, and hypocrisy of the "progressive" leftists in the media, especially from liberal celebrities. This is why the ratings of these award shows have been going way down in the past year and why Trump was elected.

Michael Moore
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 June 2018 at 4:30pm | IP Logged | 4 post reply

"What is it with the Right and pedophilia?"

You tell me. It's the Left and the liberal media who are trying to push pedophilia (pederasty) as normal sexual behavior when it is not. Look at the constant sexualizing of children in movies in recent years. People think that it is a "right wing" thing when it is mainly liberals who promote this sexual degeneracy as part of their political agenda..

Eric Sofer
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 June 2018 at 4:34pm | IP Logged | 5 post reply

To be fair, DeNiro's message represented the mindset of a lot of Americans. 

But his timing and venue could not have been worse. DeNiro actually made the Tonys about 45. This was NOT the right thing to do.

This show was about men and women who exercise their art with words and lyrics, with verbal poetry, with tapestry composed of sounds and music. "Fuck Trump" didn't really fit.

Not only that, but this was very shortly after the Parkland teacher and kids, who celebrated with "Seasons of Love." Surely that was a better shout out against 45 than DeNiro?

No disagreement with the sentiment. I question the timing and location.

Michael M - Quite a number of Americans regularly express their displeasure with the president. It's elementary to see this almost every day, in almost every medium.

And how do you get from one man speaking out, in a ten second span, to an overall criticism of awards shows of all the arts and their viewer ratings... and then retrofitting to the election two years ago? I cannot see it, but obviously you do. Please share your observations..

Greg McPhee
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 June 2018 at 4:38pm | IP Logged | 6 post reply

Lowest way to try and attack a person.

Robert De Niro has a right to legitimately criticise Trump. In return, the POTUS, who should just weather the storm as he has more important things to do, attacks De Niro back on Twitter.

I'm sorry. Trump alienates allies, but thinks he has saved the world by shaking hands with a dictator, and then has time to Tweet about an actor having a go at him, just shows what a despicable person he is.

Trump has been played like a fiddle by North Korea, and his ego doesn't let him see that.

Thomas Woods
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 June 2018 at 5:13pm | IP Logged | 7 post reply

It instantly reminded me of the Film Actors Guild in
Team America.

Edit:
And hearing Trump's "We are America, Bitch" approach is
also making the Team America movie jump off the screen.

Edited by Thomas Woods on 13 June 2018 at 5:29pm

Thomas Woods
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 June 2018 at 7:17pm | IP Logged | 8 post reply

You tell me. It's the Left and the liberal media who
are trying to push pedophilia (pederasty) as normal
sexual behavior when it is not.

---

The media? Would like to see links for that.

This is another one of those topics that I would like
to ask progressives, "Where would YOU draw the line if
my line is wrong?" Like I have asked here about
immigration.

I actually had people tell me that teens should be
able to sleep over at other teens house and have all
the sex they want. No parent intervention, but parents
being cool with it and being in the same house as
their teen is getting laid.

Charles Valderrama
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 June 2018 at 7:47pm | IP Logged | 9 post reply

A lot of people are sick of the ignorance, blatant bigotry, and hypocrisy of the "progressive" leftists in the media, especially from liberal celebrities.

Are you serious?? Trump is ALL ignorance & hypocrisy... with a splash of racism. 
________

the Left and the liberal media who are trying to push pedophilia (pederasty) as normal sexual behavior when it is not.

Guess you forgot about Trump endorsing Roy Moore, who had eight allegations of child molestation, assault and inappropriate sexual behavior against him.

Gimme a F'N break!!!

-C!

Rodrigo castellanos
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 June 2018 at 11:05pm | IP Logged | 10 post reply

I'm against Trump and everything he stands for (or as much as I can be while not being an American citizen).

But there was a lesson to be learned with his win. Hollywood liberals didn't learn it.

Ed Aycock
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 June 2018 at 2:44pm | IP Logged | 11 post reply

Oh, clutch all your pearls a little tighter!

To quote songwriter Malvina Reynolds (known for the revived interest in her anti-suburbia screed, "Little Boxes," due to the show WEEDS.)

"There are nicer ways to do things/ but the nice ways always fail."

Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

Thomas Woods
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 June 2018 at 2:49pm | IP Logged | 12 post reply

"There are nicer ways to do things/ but the nice ways
always fail."

---
Are you talking about Trump, DeNiro, or both?

Mark Rand
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 June 2018 at 3:29pm | IP Logged | 13 post reply

"In early 1998, de Niro was questioned in a large-scale French investigation of "procuring" prostitution after his name was mentioned by a woman questioned separately in the case."

Assuming the facts presented in the Snopes essay are correct, it's a huge stretch to suggest he's in any way involved with underage prostitutes.

That being said...replace "De Niro" with "Trump", and the word pedophile would follow every utterance of the man's name. The question I'd ask(especially after DeNiro's weird outburst) is, what is it with the Left and irrational hostility?

Thomas Woods
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 June 2018 at 3:37pm | IP Logged | 14 post reply

The question I'd ask(especially after DeNiro's weird
outburst) is, what is it with the Left and irrational
hostility?

---

I think part of it is that they can't stand that
someone on the same moral scale as them is working for
the other side.

Republicans are typically held to a higher standard
and there is more outrage at their hypocrisy. But up
front, Trump has never been known to be a morality
icon.

Ed Aycock
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 June 2018 at 4:21pm | IP Logged | 15 post reply

Are you talking about Trump, DeNiro, or both?

It's a protest song.  Definitely not Trump.

Ed Aycock
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 June 2018 at 4:27pm | IP Logged | 16 post reply

I have entered Bizarro world with this post.  "Irrational hostility?" "Same moral standards?"  I watch daily as people want to take away women's right to choose, take away my right to live as a gay man with the same rights as others, watch Trump demonize those who take a knee.  It's not irrational hostility; it's good, old all-American outrage. 

I swear, some of the laughable quotes in here...

Rebecca Jansen
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 June 2018 at 4:33pm | IP Logged | 17 post reply

Trump's ratings are bigger than anyone's, bigger than DeNiro's. That 'proves' it.

I still remember that guy who actually went to the Washington DC pizza place with his gun ready to take on the baddies the place was a child prostitution ring front for, masterminded by the evil Hillary herself no less. :^D

Rebecca Jansen
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 June 2018 at 4:43pm | IP Logged | 18 post reply

"Republicans are typically held to a higher standard
and there is more outrage at their hypocrisy."

No, it's more that they are the loudest about condemning others so when they are caught at being as bad or worse in some ways people enjoy exposing that quite a bit. Also they tend to absolutely and completely deny with outrage at max as a first instinct while the liberals lately at least tend to cop to whatever they've done, admit it, and pay the price. Hillary admitting she made a mistake with a private email server, Al Franken at least partly admitting he'd been a creep.

Seems there is an all-time low for the current Republican backed president, but the handful of flaws and mistakes from Obama are enlarged upon ad absurdum besides the sheer made-up inventions, even still when he's long gone. What is even one made up thing about Trump with nothing real backing it? Obama was supposedly a Muslim non-U.S. born hater of white people with a hugely overweight wife that wanted to take everyone's guns away.

Thomas Woods
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 June 2018 at 5:10pm | IP Logged | 19 post reply

Some fair points.

Neil Lindholm
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 June 2018 at 5:35pm | IP Logged | 20 post reply

How to Lose the Midterms and Re-elect Trump
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Mark Rand
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 June 2018 at 5:43pm | IP Logged | 21 post reply

"I have entered Bizarro world with this post.  "Irrational hostility?" "Same moral standards?"  I watch daily as people want to take away women's right to choose, take away my right to live as a gay man with the same rights as others, watch Trump demonize those who take a knee.  It's not irrational hostility; it's good, old all-American outrage."

It's not rational to be outraged at every point of view that fails to align with your own. Nor is it rational to believe that divergent opinions all have some sinister and dangerous motivation. 

Too many on the Left think debate and discussion are obsolete. Being right of center politically is evidence of flawed character....so only mockery and insults are appropriate. Thus, the spectacle of an actor screaming expletives at the POTUS during a televised awards show. Depressing...weird....but definitely not rational. 

John Byrne
Imaginary X-Man

Posted: 14 June 2018 at 6:30pm | IP Logged | 22 post reply

It's not rational to be outraged at every point of view that fails to align with your own. Nor is it rational to believe that divergent opinions all have some sinister and dangerous motivation.

And you lose.

See, it's not rational to take anger aimed at a single target and spread it across the spectrum. There, you're just trying to drown out something with which you disagree with noise.

DeNero did not say "Fuck everybody." He said -- and meant -- "Fuck Trump." And unless Trump has actually turned America into one of those totalitarian regimes he seems to love so much, DeNiro had every right to say it.

Rebecca Jansen
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 June 2018 at 6:45pm | IP Logged | 23 post reply

It shouldn't be seen as "right" vs. "left" because nobody, not even Trump, knows what he actually believes in or stands for most of the time. he may back some position that seems to be to the "right" but the next day may say the opposite. I do see that politicians from both "wings" have made fools of themselves over him.

I think the way the "left" loses is to talk spending, more special interest programs and not doing something about tax relief in the past for those who do need it (not the top percentile with their various havens and team of experts)... I'm not saying they actually are tax and spend, Reagan and Bush Jr. spent the most and Reagan raised taxes multiple times, Bush Sr. had to raise taxes even more because of Reagan's more than tripling the national debt. But as Lyndon Johnson knew, politics means you are going to have to get your hands dirty to some extent, it is unavoidable, you have to make the right noises to be able to win, and for all the obvious seeming disqualifiers for Trump for both "left" and right," he found out what noises were needed and then made them enthusiastically to the appropriate audience. Put him in front of a whatever group and he will be more for their things than anyone else and an enemy of their enemies etc., even in crude form it works.

DeNiro can make comments, no problem, just as Clint Eastwood did; he is not a politician, which Trump backers like to use as a defense for him! I don't think politicians should say these things if they want to get or lead anywhere though. It doesn't make them as bad as, but it can make some think a bit less of them or help drum up that apathy of they're all bad (and I'm not supporting/voting for anyone).

Edited by Rebecca Jansen on 14 June 2018 at 6:47pm

Adam Schulman
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 June 2018 at 7:28pm | IP Logged | 24 post reply

I guess "the left" is everyone who opposes Trump. I never realized that left in the U.S. was that huge! Eugene Debs smiles in heaven...

Don Zomberg
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 15 June 2018 at 8:09am | IP Logged | 25 post reply

Republicans are typically held to a higher standard

Bill Clinton was raked over the coals for drug use, infidelity, and draft dodging. The Right made them character issues. Bush jr, Cheney, and Trump, however, got free passes for their sins.

Page of 2 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version