Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
Movies
Byrne Robotics > Movies
Topic: Ocean’s 8 ~ SPOILERS Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Security
Robotmod

Posted: 09 June 2018 at 12:25am | IP Logged | 1 post reply

I went into this movie cold.  Although I've seen a ton of heist movies, I'd never seen the originals with the Rat Pack nor the remakes of the last decade.  This one intrigued me with it's female cast enough to see it opening day.

All I'll say is...save your money.  It barely rises above a serviceable heist movie, certainly nothing exceptional.  I feel a great cast was virtually wasted on a mediocre script with barely competent cinematography.  There were no characters I really cared about, hardly a laugh in nearly two hours, and the hoops they had to jump through to explain how it was all accomplished were strained to say the least. I was bored halfway through and have felt myself actually angry in the hours after I saw it for the time I wasted watching this film. If you feel you have to see it, I urge you to wait for cable and/or streaming.  There are much better films out there or other ways you can spend those dollars. 
Back to Top profile | search

John Byrne
Busy Doing Nothing!

Posted: 09 June 2018 at 6:16am | IP Logged | 2 post reply

Tis one wasn't on my radar anyway. I'd tried the first "remake" and found it impossible to get past Don Cheadle's Dick van Dyke accent, so did not return for more.

Bob Simko
Byrne Robotics Security
Negative Mod

Posted: 09 June 2018 at 8:34am | IP Logged | 3 post reply

Matt...you need to check out the original...fun stuff.
Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

David Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 09 June 2018 at 9:42am | IP Logged | 4 post reply

I thought in was undistinguished but fun in places and enjoyed it more than either of the Soderbergh sequels. The leads were all memorable and charismatic. The tie-ins were unnecessary, and the guy they fucked over as value added should have had a larger part and a more loathsome mien; there wasn't much pleasure in the comeuppance of a non-entity with a dozen lines and ten minutes of screen time. I probably would have been disappointed if I'd spent real money on my ticket but it was a noble use of MoviePass.

Edited by David Miller on 10 June 2018 at 1:59pm
Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

Petter Myhr Ness
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 10 June 2018 at 3:11pm | IP Logged | 5 post reply

I enjoyed the OCEAN'S 11 remake. Dosed off during OCEAN'S 12, and lost all appetite for further installments. Male or female.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version