This is the order of Star Wars things I like best -
|Posted: May 31 2018 at 6:30am | IP Logged | 1
1. Star Wars (original movie "A New Hope"). Empire is probably better and all that but I just love everything about this movie. Love how Han is such a jerk to Luke and Luke thinks he can fly a ship to Alderaan... Love the jawas. Love the opening scene. Love Grand Moff Tarkin. This is my number 1.
2. Empire Strikes Back. Everything is great but the lightsabre duel on Cloud City is just the best. Love the dialogue between Darth and Luke during it - "All too easy" "You'll find I'm full of surprises".
3. Return of the Jedi. It's easy to dismiss this movie cuz of the Ewoks but this movie rocks. Palpatine is the best when he's baiting Luke. Love the whole Jabba's palace first act. Only things I don't like about this movie: Boba Fett dies way too easy. (in hindsight, he should have had a laser staff like the stormtrooper in The Force Awakens and he should have had a duel with Luke.) and the fact they made Luke and Leia brother and sister. (in my analysis, making Leia Luke's sister is the dumbest thing they wrote - it doesn't make sense that Vader would have Leia in his clutches twice - in Star Wars and in Empire and not realize she's his daughter. It was a dumb idea and not necessary at all. The Star Wars myth would totally work fine if Luke was an only child and Lucas didn't retroactively complicate things).
4. Solo. I get that not everyone may have seen it. I just love it.
5. Rogue One. Great movie.
6. The Force Awakens. It's kind of silly but I loved it. Lots of fun.
7. The Prequels - why bother discussing them. Whatever.
8. TIE - Droids/ Ewoks 80s cartoons.
9. TIE - Ewoks live action movies / Star Wars Holiday Special
10. All the Star Wars things I haven't watched like "Clone Wars" "Rebels" etc. I've seen snippets of them and they look kind of cool.
11. Last Jedi.