Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
Movies
Byrne Robotics > Movies << Prev Page of 2
Topic: MCU - the aging actor problem Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 10 May 2018 at 10:19am | IP Logged | 1 post reply

Agreed. A simple "New York, remember that?" would cover it. Or even just saying it was a few years ago...

Legacy characters with existing actors may not address the aging problem. Stan is only a year younger than Evans. Cheadle and Downey are both 53. No point in replacing an old man with an old man for the purpose of longevity.

I would like a return to the status quo before any recasting. Get Cap his shield back. Bring back Mjolnir (we have a Time Stone and a somewhat-working Elf forge in play!). Let the new actors play with the old toys. 

That said, I'm not against the idea of legacy characters entirely. We've already seen Beta Ray Bill's face on the Grandmaster's tower. And Stormbreaker exists...just sayin'...
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Rodrigo castellanos
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 10 May 2018 at 10:55am | IP Logged | 2 post reply

Legacy characters with existing actors may not address the aging problem. Stan is only a year younger than Evans. Cheadle and Downey are both 53. No point in replacing an old man with an old man for the purpose of longevity.

------------------------------------------------------------ ----------------------

You have a point, but I don't think the problem is just age. Evans, Downey Jr and Hemsworth have been in these super exposed roles for many years now and the vibe I get from them in interviews is that they would like to move on at some point. 
Back to Top profile | search

Peter Martin
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 10 May 2018 at 12:24pm | IP Logged | 3 post reply

Stan is only a year younger than Evans. 
-----------------------------------------------------------
Looked a lot older than that when he was driving the school bus in Infinity War :)

Charles Valderrama
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 11 May 2018 at 12:58pm | IP Logged | 4 post reply

Stan is only a year younger than Evans. No point in replacing an old man with an old man for the purpose of longevity.

Sebastian Stan signed a nine-picture deal with Marvel. After next year's Avengers sequel, he will have 4 films left on his deal.

Coincidence? I think not.

That being said, I don't care for legacy characters. Steve Rogers is the ONLY Cap I care about. Ditto for Tony Stark, Bruce Banner, and Peter Parker. 

-C!

Back to Top profile | search | www

Matthew Wilkie
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 12 May 2018 at 9:18am | IP Logged | 5 post reply

Just recast the roles with younger actors. Simple, problem solved. This isn't rocket science.

If Marvel was following the  - and I think I'm quoting (or paraphrasing) JB here, albeit about comics - approach that the toys were put back in the sandbox after each film, I'd agree. But they seem to be aging and changing characters as they appear in various films which makes this trickier, I think. 

Edited by Matthew Wilkie on 12 May 2018 at 9:18am

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version