Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
Star Trek
Byrne Robotics > Star Trek
Topic: What if? The Byrne Star Trek toy range? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 March 2018 at 9:22am | IP Logged | 1 post reply

Hello al,

I was watching a youtube video about toy stores when suddenly this thought enter my mind.

Perhaps the planets have gone into an unusual alignment, or Trelane or Q are playing with reality. But something unforeseen has happened; a toy manufacturing company that is currently holding the Star Trek license wants to expand its Original Series range with characters, ships, and other things from Byrne's Star Trek comics so an agreement is made with CBS and John Byrne (thus setting him up for the rest of his life)

(I would also wish that they would also do toys of Star Trek 25th Anniversary and Judgment Rites as I really want a Dr Ies Bredell, Vardaine soldiers, Elasi Pirates, an Elasi Storm class frigate, and Trelane dressed up as a WW1 flying ace complete with biplane and as an officer in the Kaiser's army)

Of which characters would you like to see action figures being based? What accessories should be made (tools, weapons, breathing masks/space suits)? What playsets? And of which ships should toy replicas be made?

Action figures. Well I would have to go through all the comics again but perhaps the Traveller and the Q'al?
Playsets. Hmm the Enterprise's engineering section and the bridge of a Klingon battlecruiser?
Ships. Definitely the 23th Century Borg Sphere (I am the resident Borg nut on this forum after all), one of the Swarm's units, and the USS Ventura from Star Trek Crew.
Back to Top profile | search

John Byrne
Imaginary X-Man

Posted: 13 March 2018 at 9:43am | IP Logged | 2 post reply

This reminds me of my disappointment with DC when I did the first GENERATIONS series. I handed them a whole new source of toys, and they ignored it.

Marten van Wier
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 March 2018 at 9:46am | IP Logged | 3 post reply

This reminds me of my disappointment with DC when I did the first GENERATIONS series. I handed them a whole new source of toys, and they ignored it.

That is pretty usual. Most businessmen in general never seem to know what they have.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version