Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
Star Trek
Byrne Robotics > Star Trek << Prev Page of 18
Topic: I Just Talked with William Shatner (Plus FanExpo ’18 & ‘19) Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Imaginary X-Man

Posted: 06 May 2019 at 8:24pm | IP Logged | 1 post reply

One thing I found odd at the con was a booth offering autograph “authentication”. Based on the mutation of my own autograph over the years, and even with the passage of time at a con, I have trouble imagining how a such thing is even possible. My autograph from thirty years ago is noticeably different from my autograph today, as an autograph from morning of day one is different from afternoon of day three.
Back to Top profile | search

Shawn Kincade
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 06 May 2019 at 10:15pm | IP Logged | 2 post reply

The con was well run, and JB's Saturday panel was great fun.  The 15-year-old me would not believe it if someone had told him that one day you're going to meet the guy who draws X-Men/ Avengers/ Fantastic Four and William Shatner -- and they would sign a giant hardcover Star Trek book for you.  So cool.  Thanks for attending the show, JB.

John Byrne
Imaginary X-Man

Posted: 07 May 2019 at 8:27am | IP Logged | 3 post reply

I'm really glad this sort of stuff happens to the guy who wrote and drew (and Photoshopped) all those comics I love so much!

••

That guy still has a strong connection to the kid he used to be, and sometimes finds it nearly impossible to link his life now to his life then.

Koroush Ghazi
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 07 May 2019 at 5:45pm | IP Logged | 4 post reply

Cory getting kicked in the head by Captain America and JB sitting next to Mia Farrow somehow made me think of Dean Martin and his reply when he was told Frank Sinatra was going to marry Ms. Farrow: "I've got scotch older than Mia Farrow!"

Wish I could have been at the con, sounds like it was pretty special.
Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

Brian Price
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 11 May 2019 at 1:08pm | IP Logged | 5 post reply

Hi JB!  Just wanted to say how much I appreciate you attending the Dallas Fan Expo.  I know how little fun travel is, so it means a lot that you made the trip.

I've been reading your books since Fantastic Four 233.  I lived in Ohio until a few years ago, and was lucky to visit you at several Mid-Ohio cons.  For a long time it seemed like that would be that last time I'd get to meet you, so this was a really pleasant surprise. I'm a long-time lurker on your columns, but active participation just isn't my thing.

The Q&A sessions were laid back and a lot of fun.  I was the big guy that sat in the second row in the first Q&A and the front row in the second Q&A.

I'm super excited about Elsewhen, in whatever form in ultimately takes.

As long as you keep putting stuff out, I'll keep reading it.

A big shout out to Chris Ryall as well, who did a great job facilitating the Q&A and is just a genuinely nice guy.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 18
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version