Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
Star Trek
Byrne Robotics > Star Trek << Prev Page of 37 Next >>
Topic: I Just Talked with William Shatner (Plus FanExpo 18 & 19) Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 August 2018 at 2:35pm | IP Logged | 1 post reply

Awesome! Now I need to talk a family member into driving me, and then figure out how to get some of these pages out of the frames they're in. I assume the 10 item limit will hold on Thursday / Friday?
Back to Top profile | search

Lars Sandmark
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 August 2018 at 5:26pm | IP Logged | 2 post reply

Thanks JB, for posting the pictures and especially for chronicling the Boston experience! I've been looking forward to it all weekend.

I'm glad you had a great experience with Mr.Shatner in Boston (rehearsal for Toronto!)

You're a Rock Star!

Steve Green
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 August 2018 at 5:37pm | IP Logged | 3 post reply

Were I not on the other side of the Atlantic (quite close to West Bromwich, if that rings a bell), I would have been delighted to turn up wearing my JBF membership badge. Great to hear you had so much fun.

Edited by Steve Green on 13 August 2018 at 5:39pm
Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

Jason K Fulton
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 August 2018 at 5:38pm | IP Logged | 4 post reply

Tickets purchased and hotel booked! Anyone want to put together a get-together on Thursday?

Lars Sandmark
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 August 2018 at 5:47pm | IP Logged | 5 post reply

Regarding the JBF badge, you can count on at least one Canadian boy to be wearing his*.

The hardest part is choosing which items to ask you to sign, but knowing you'll be present all 4 days opens up a few precious slots. I purchased a weekend pass and originally assumed Fri/Sat/Sun would suffice but the additional Thursday option is welcome. I am psyched!

*Me.
(IamtheCanadianboytowhichIrefer).   :)

Larry Gil
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 August 2018 at 5:50pm | IP Logged | 6 post reply

Im in Jason..as long as JB is making an appearance on Thursday due to the short day ...4-9...Friday also works ...just checked the site...they only have JB listed with Shatner on Friday at 3pm..if he is going to be there in the morning that could work then we go for lunch.

Scott Wegrzyn
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 August 2018 at 6:46pm | IP Logged | 7 post reply

I was able to attend the Boston show on Friday evening and for part of Saturday morning.  Nice to see so much interest in John Byrne at the show, with tons of folks carrying around their books to be signed.  Lots of good JB comic conversations took place in line while waiting to meet Mr. Byrne.

Granting fans 10 free autographs per day was quite generous.  Part of the fun for me was selecting which items out of my collection I would most like to get scribbled on by Mr. Byrne.

Apparently it turns out I ended up with a 1 of 2 'super duper limited edition' JBF Badge.  I am surprised that more did not turn up.

Thanks again for coming to Boston, hopefully you were able to enjoy some of the outside parts of the city (perhaps the Constitution) when the rain subsided.

Paul Greer
Byrne Robotics Security

Posted: 13 August 2018 at 6:47pm | IP Logged | 8 post reply

I was following Chris Ryall's updates all
weekend. I am really thrilled you had a good
time, JB.* Good seeing you get the love you
deserve.

*Minus LaGuardia. That airport is the pits.

Greg Kirkman
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 August 2018 at 8:15pm | IP Logged | 9 post reply

Perhaps the most amazing thing here, is to look at that picture of Bill and me shaking hands next to a hardcover omnibus of NEW VISIONS and think back to THIS!
++++++++

Yeah, man, just seeing those initial, experimental pages adapting scenes from existing episodes was really exciting. Whod a thunk wed get several years worth of issues, and that the project would draw the attention of Mr. Shatner? No need to ask if its a dream come true for you!
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Brian Rhodes
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 August 2018 at 8:18pm | IP Logged | 10 post reply

I was the other JBF badge bearer.

Had a great time at the show. Got some things signed, including the New Visions Omnibus.

Back to Top profile | search e-mail

John Byrne
Imaginary X-Man

Posted: 14 August 2018 at 5:57am | IP Logged | 11 post reply

One curious moment out of this came when the guy running the show told me he considered Shatner and me to be equals in our own fields.

I thought about that for a moment, and said "Yeah, but I'm a minnow and he's a whale!"

John Byrne
Imaginary X-Man

Posted: 14 August 2018 at 6:00am | IP Logged | 12 post reply

A fun part of the signing was watching Bill's signature mutate as the hour rolled by. My own autograph starts to break down after a while (first thing to get into trouble is the B), so it was amusing to see it happen with his, too.

At one point toward the end, I showed Chris Ryall one of the last of Bill's autographs. We agreed it looked for all the world like "JELLO SHOTS"!

:)

<< Prev Page of 37 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version