The old thread was locked. Anyway, here is the latest trailer:

LINK!

Edited to add a spoiler warning in the thread title~Matt

Edited by Matt Reed on 14 May 2018 at 3:55pm
Back to Top profile | search | www

Eric Sofer
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 09 February 2018 at 9:51am | IP Logged | 2 post reply

Still not for kids, and that's perfectly fine... but how many parents are going to take their children anyhow? Probably about the same number that took them the first time.

Deadpool is an ugly, vile, profane, dirty joke, scatological example of a movie - perfect for Deadpool, in other words. It looks funny, and I can't wait to see it.

And yes, I'm taking my mother again. She loved the first one, and I think she even WROTE one or two of those jokes... it looks like fun!
Back to Top profile | search

Matt Hawes
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 09 February 2018 at 11:48am | IP Logged | 3 post reply

Bad parents take their kids to all sorts of inappropriate movies. I recall a father taking his very young kids to see "Sin City." That is on the parent, though, not the studio. Neither that film or this one is targeting children with the marketing. 

Steve Coates
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 09 February 2018 at 12:53pm | IP Logged | 4 post reply

Well, comic books are for kids and both Deadpool and Sin City are based on comic books.;}

Roberto Melendrez
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 09 February 2018 at 1:11pm | IP Logged | 5 post reply

Not for me.

Peter Martin
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 09 February 2018 at 3:30pm | IP Logged | 6 post reply

29 seconds in... Josh Brolin looks like he'd have made a good Vision.

51 seconds in Bruce Broughton's awesome Silverado music makes an appearance!

Thought the first film was quite inventively profane, really packed the gags in, which I liked. Doubt I'll see this in a theatre, but I expect it'll be entertaining enough when I finally do see it.

Shaun Barry
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 09 February 2018 at 8:22pm | IP Logged | 7 post reply

My youngest sister dragged me to the original DEADPOOL, weeks after it had opened (and after she'd already seen it 3 times!), and I fully expected to absolutely loathe it.  It ended-up being one my favorite comedies & superhero films of this decade.

A sequel almost can't help but be bigger, louder and dumber, but I'll still be there.  Every teaser and trailer has made me laugh, in a big way.

Rick Whiting
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 09 February 2018 at 9:03pm | IP Logged | 8 post reply

Well, comic books are for kids and both Deadpool and Sin City are based on comic books.;}

To be fair, Deadpool was originally an all ages character and his comic was originally aimed at all ages until Marvel (under Quesada and Alonso) decided to make most of his comics (along with Wolverine and Punisher comics) solely for older teens and adults.

Sin City, OTOH, was always and adult comic.

Matt Hawes
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 09 February 2018 at 9:15pm | IP Logged | 9 post reply

Deadpool, like The Punisher before him, was a brutal character toned down to work within  the comics code. Both were mercenaries (i.e, paid murderers) from the get-go. They are at best anti-heroes (and both started out as villains). By the time the first film was made, Deadpool had been firmly established as an ultra-violent character. His videogame, which proceeded the film, pulled no punches with language or violence. Any child who is aware of Deadpool was born after the character was firmly being written as a wise-cracking, vulgar, violent psychopath.

So, yeah... If a parent takes their kid to see the film and then complains about the character being vulgar and violent (as if a damn "R"* rating doesn't tip them off), then that is squarely on the parent.

*And how so damn tiring is it to hear parents bitch about the content of ANY R-rated movie that they stupidly took their child to see? Here's a clue, clueless parents: That rating is for YOU to use to determine if a film is appropriate for your child. Start being responsible, parents!

Rick Whiting
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 10 February 2018 at 1:16am | IP Logged | 10 post reply

So, yeah... If a parent takes their kid to see the film and then complains about the character being vulgar and violent (as if a damn "R"* rating doesn't tip them off), then that is squarely on the parent.

Matt, I agree with you that any parent who takes their young kid to ANY R rated movie (not just a Deadpool movie) and then complains about the adult content of said movie, is an idiot and the blame lies squarely on their shoulders.

That being said, I think the question has to be asked if it was really necessary to turn Deadpool into a rated R character. Remember, shortly before and long after his video game came out, Deadpool was still being featured in all ages and PG-13 material. He was in the PG-13 rated Hulk VS Wolverine animated (which was the first real proper faithful introduction of the character to a wide non comic book reading audience). He even guest starred in an episode of the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon from a few years ago. He is also currently regularly appearing in Teen rated Marvel comics like Uncanny Avengers and Spider-Man & Deadpool. Also, Deadpool doesn't have to be R rated in order to be funny as hell. Both Joe Kelly and Fabian Niceiza proved that Deadpool could be written in either a clever layered PG or PG-13 manner and still be funny as hell and without toning down his violent anti-hero nature.

Robbie Parry
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 10 February 2018 at 7:55am | IP Logged | 11 post reply

The industry has always wanted to have its cake and eat it.

I mean, I remember ROBOCOP toys in the late 80s, specifically action figures. Well, if young John or Jane Doe bought such toys, they'd surely want to see the films, right?

"I like this RoboCop toy. Can I see the film, dad?"
"Erm, it's an 18-certificate. I'm sorry, but you can't."
"But why are they allowed to make toys, then?"

Brian Hague
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 10 February 2018 at 1:02pm | IP Logged | 12 post reply

Theoretically, the toys would have tied in with the RoboCop cartoon series, which the kids could watch.

Deadpool does create marketplace confusion, but so long as the movie says "R," I don't think the studio is truly responsible when parents say, "Oh, but he's a super-hero, so they don't really mean it."

Of course they mean it. Why wouldn't they?

Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Brian Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 10 February 2018 at 1:50pm | IP Logged | 13 post reply

Other than Cable and Deadpool, I donít think I recognized any characters in that. 

Shaun Barry
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 10 February 2018 at 2:37pm | IP Logged | 14 post reply

Whether or not Deadpool should or deserves to be an R-rated character, I wholeheartedly agree that, just like when picking out any film, you have to do your research as a good parent.

My 7-year old son keeps asking when he can watch DEADPOOL.  And I keep telling him he's got an 11-year wait!

Matthew Wilkie
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 10 February 2018 at 3:00pm | IP Logged | 15 post reply

I echo everything already said. My boys want to see all superhero films and I always do my research - until now, I have figured that the MCU is a safe bet (although they haven't seen Iron Man 3 as I was unhappy about the terrorist clips used) but wonder if that will change if/when the Fox-owned characters join it.

As for Deadpool 2 - I was pretty Meh about the first and I see nothing here that will have me rushing to the cinema to see it. 

Peter Martin
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 10 February 2018 at 7:59pm | IP Logged | 16 post reply

Other than Cable and Deadpool, I donít think I recognized any characters in that.
----------------------------
Have you seen the first film?

Brian Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 10 February 2018 at 9:15pm | IP Logged | 17 post reply

Yeah. At the theaters when it came out. Colossus was pretty much the only one I recognized in that one. 

Eric Sofer
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 11 February 2018 at 11:11am | IP Logged | 18 post reply

I believe I saw Teenage Negasonic Warhead in the trailer. Maybe his bartender friend, and his blind roommate. Probably more if I really paid attention... which I didn't, 'cause, y'know, laziness. I want to say I've worked hard at it... but that'd be contradictory. So it's a natural gift.

Peter Martin
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 11 February 2018 at 11:56am | IP Logged | 19 post reply

The taxi driver, Deadpool's wife, Negasonic, the bar tender Weasel and Deadpool's blind room-mate all in the trailer and all from the first film.

Steve De Young
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 22 March 2018 at 9:33am | IP Logged | 20 post reply

New Trailer Here

The synopsis under the video is worth the click alone. 

Michael Roberts
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 22 March 2018 at 10:27am | IP Logged | 21 post reply

Terry Crews appears to be playing Bedlam. You can see someone wearing Shatterstarís helmet behind him, and the person in the mask behind Domino looks like Zeitgeist from the Milligan/Allred X-Force run. Who is the girl with the chain?

Marc Baptiste
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 22 March 2018 at 4:05pm | IP Logged | 22 post reply

Never saw the first one - no rush to see the sequel.

Marc

Matt Hawes
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 23 March 2018 at 11:51am | IP Logged | 23 post reply

I never will understand posting "I hate this thing" in a thread about the thing that person hates. If you hate it, why bother? I just don't get the point

Anyway, the new trailer looks fun to me.

Mark Waldman
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 23 March 2018 at 7:26pm | IP Logged | 24 post reply

Lots of venom here. I'd say Deadpool was awesome - very funny, definitely not for kids and I agree, dumb parents don't research anything and likely took their children to this very adult movie. I loved the X-Men in it, the trashy humor, etc. I can differentiate between the good ol' wholesome comics most of us seem to have grown up on, as well as more biting stuff like this or the Marvel Netflix shows.

Not sure if Deadpool is a one-trick pony or if the sequel will be just as good. I'm hoping the latter but wouldn't be entirely surprised if it does what most sequels do and try very hard to essentially remake the first movie, giving the return customers what they want, but not pulling it together like they did originally. Marvel has a good track record of success though, so it's quite possible it will be well done.

I think we need to get that we live in a pretty ugly time and the days of do gooder Christopher Reeve as Superman sadly is a bit dated. Nowadays people want trash - whether it's online, reality TV or in politics. Bad behavior and a darker vision is the way it is, like it or not. A lot of what I listed just now bums me out too, but Deadpool? No. I understand this is fiction, it's not meant for kids and can appreciate the world and the humor. I can do the same with a gritty, perhaps pessimistic Marvel show on Netflix too. As long as there's an occasional Wonder Woman or Ant Man to lighten the mood here and there, I'm good.

Hopefully Deadpool 2 is solid, but you never know. More importantly, I hope people that breed are a bit more responsible about what entertainment they share with their children. Who am I kidding? That will never happen. ;)

Marc Baptiste
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 23 March 2018 at 10:31pm | IP Logged | 25 post reply

Matt,

If you don't allow for a diversity of opinion in a thread then the thread just becomes an "amen corner" - do you REALLY want THAT?

Marc

Page of 3 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version