Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum
Byrne Robotics > The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 9
Topic: #fakepresident (Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 25 October 2017 at 7:44pm | IP Logged | 1  

Having watched the video (more listened - the picture didn't change much :-) ), you haven't answered my question.    

You're pretty firmly arguing the Fox News version of reality here, to the point where you don't even seem to allow the Non-Fox News side any degree of credibility. That's pretty far down the line from "I don't like the current direction of the Democratic party (i.e. I think the current Left is taking a well-meaning ideal that all should be treated with respect to absurd and even dangerous lengths)". What got you the rest of the way?
Back to Top profile | search

John M. Jackson
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 25 October 2017 at 7:49pm | IP Logged | 2  

Sorry, Dave.

Frankly, I find Republicans to be more honest.  I might not like everything they say but they will tell you what they believe.

The Dems will lie and then lie again and then deny they are lying. 

Charles Valderrama
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 25 October 2017 at 8:04pm | IP Logged | 3  

Republicans are more honest????

UN- F'N - BELIEVEABLE.

-C!

Edited by Charles Valderrama on 25 October 2017 at 8:05pm
Back to Top profile | search | www

Michael Roberts
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 25 October 2017 at 8:14pm | IP Logged | 4  

QUOTE:
Michael, I doubt anybody that voted for Trump followed Blacktivist on twitter or went to Blackfist self defense classes.

You've been posting conservative memes, so I'm pretty sure you understand it's not about Trump supporters following those sites and participating in those activities, but about getting the right wing sites to clutch their pearls and say, "LOOK AT WHAT THOSE SOCIAL MARXISTS ARE DOING!"

Dave Phelps
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 25 October 2017 at 8:25pm | IP Logged | 5  

John M Jackson wrote:
Frankly, I find Republicans to be more honest. I might not like everything they say but they will tell you what they believe.

The Dems will lie and then lie again and then deny they are lying.

And this is based on...?

Fox News is on at work, I have a pretty heavy right-winger in my van pool, etc., so I get exposed to a lot of right wing news, propaganda, etc. The notion that Republicans have a lock on honesty (even relatively speaking) and that Democrats are to a person inherently dishonest is absurd.

The Republican spin on the Estate Tax alone should give you some room for doubt.

Edited by Dave Phelps on 25 October 2017 at 8:26pm

Steven Myers
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 25 October 2017 at 8:45pm | IP Logged | 6  

The "Fake News" reminds me of how people attack science. If you think the world is flat, just deny all the overwhelming evidence and claim it's "faked".  The problem is, that doesn't make you right.

I think most people know the emperor has no clothes on. In Ohio, neither our Republican Governor nor Republican Senator voted for Trump. It doesn't mean they liked Hillary. It's just that they know what Trump is.

But he's President, and there are some things he should be able to accomplish. Or he can keep getting into twit wars.

Charles Valderrama
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 25 October 2017 at 8:59pm | IP Logged | 7  

Let's take a look down memory lane in regards to Fox News'/Republican lies, shall we??

-C!

Matt Reed
Byrne Robotics Security
Robotmod

Posted: 25 October 2017 at 10:56pm | IP Logged | 8  

Guys, you're feeding into John's desire for being recognized.  He obviously doesn't care about any honest discussion on the matter. He's baiting you, no better than a troll.  The bent of the thread is obvious, so he's getting his jollies off on presenting the opposite argument.  There's no give and take here because he isn't asking for any.  He knows what he knows and will post a conservative meme, a bullshit link to a YouTube video, conspiracy crap or Faux News to counter everything you have to say. I'm surprised Brietbart hasn't been used as an "honest" rebuttal by John. 

Republican handbook 101.

So not worth your time.  

John M. Jackson
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 25 October 2017 at 11:30pm | IP Logged | 9  

The lies about Obamacare are a perfect example.  They knew they were lies but it fit their agenda.

The same thing when Hillary said you had to have a private position and a public position.

The truth is a game to them.

'

Eric Sofer
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 26 October 2017 at 4:03am | IP Logged | 10  

John M. Jackson: 
"Trump's approach is more along the lines of Kennedy and the Cuban Missile Crisis.  Threats and sanctions."

I beg your WHAT? Yes, the Kennedy Administration did impose sanctions, and yes, Kennedy did make political warnings to both Cuba and the U.S.S.R. I cannot see these equivalent to outright threats and statements which should force the North Koreans (and China and Russia) to an elevated state of war preparedness. Trump's rhetoric has been INFLAMMATORY and DIRECTLY THREATENING. Trump doesn't seem to recognize that his words carry a priority to them. He has said he will bomb North Korea back to the Stone Age, in so many words. How can North Korea, and its neighbors, possibly rule out a pre-emptive strike, especially from a man who asked why we have nukes if we're not going to use them?

"And the Dems are the ones who want to go to war with Russia because somehow they think they meddled in our election to help Trump."

The DEMS want to go to war??? They object to the act of war perpetrated against the United States by Russian interference in our election, true. I have no doubt that they want some type of retribution against the Russians. But no sane person wants a nuclear war - NO ONE. I think even Kim Jong-Un wants to avoid outright nuclear war, for any number of reasons. Now, do Trump and some Republicans want a war? My, it certainly seems so.

If these quotes alone are somehow out of context, I'll apologize. But they seemed like individual points worthy of individual discussion. I won't challenge your opinion, but I'll strongly disagree with it.

John Byrne
Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 26 October 2017 at 5:21am | IP Logged | 11  

This thread is past its Use By date.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

<< Prev Page of 9
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version