Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
TV
Byrne Robotics > TV << Prev Page of 12
Topic: Supergirl S3 Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 03 December 2019 at 10:43pm | IP Logged | 1 post reply

Ah.Okay. I saw Black Lightning as well as Batwoman in there and thought maybe the five slots would stay the same to make up the five parts. I found the Black Lightning show "airing between Batwoman and The Flash, will also tie-in to the crossover." Also that the Smallville and Birds Of Prey shows will be represented.

I watched Arrow tonight but not being a regular viewer I didn't understand some things, but I definitely understood the ending!

Edited by Rebecca Jansen on 03 December 2019 at 10:49pm
Back to Top profile | search | www

Adam Schulman
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 06 December 2019 at 9:33pm | IP Logged | 2 post reply

I have the feeling that CRISIS on television will be much, much better than the 1985 CRISIS comic series.

What does this tell us?
Back to Top profile | search

Carlos Velasco
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 07 December 2019 at 12:35pm | IP Logged | 3 post reply

Not visually, that's for sure. And Tyler Hoechlin as Superman is... ugh.

Edited by Carlos Velasco on 07 December 2019 at 12:35pm

Eric Sofer
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 07 December 2019 at 1:07pm | IP Logged | 4 post reply

ITEM: Carlos V... how about Brandon Routh as Superman? Myself, I don't get why people don't like Tyler Hoechlin as Superman. Looks good, seems to get the part. I know, YMMV... but I gotta say, he's darn fine with me.

ITEM: BATMAN! KEVIN CONROY! EEEEEE! Thank you all for indulging my geek moment.

ITEM: Splitting up the series? Now and in January? I cannot over emphasize how much I hate "fall finales" to take a month off. What is this, British TV? No insult intended... I believe I've heard from many people that BBC is rather short seasoned and episodic. Which, I guess, is fine - but it doesn't work for me.

ITEM: Five shows for six series? What am I missing? Arrow, Batwoman, Black Lightning, DC's Legends of Tomorrow, Flash, and Supergirl. I'm greatly hoping it's not just a jam fest and we only get to see like two minutes of the Atom, Heat Wave, or Kid Flash.

ITEM: I REALLY would like to see Hawkman and Hawkgirl, Firestorm, Captain Cold, Ragman, et. al. in this. They won't appear; too expensive. But I dream...

Brian Floyd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 07 December 2019 at 2:00pm | IP Logged | 5 post reply

Kid Flash may not appear at all. He's not on LEGENDS anymore, and hasn't popped back up on THE FLASH, exceot for a brief, non-costumed appearance.

(Some are wondering if Jesse will return, just because the actress is now on GOD FRIENDED ME, and an upcoming episode of THE FLASH is called "Grodd Friended Me".)

Edited by Brian Floyd on 07 December 2019 at 2:01pm
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Doug Centers
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 07 December 2019 at 3:41pm | IP Logged | 6 post reply

I heard talk of a 2 issue comic using characters not able to be in the live action shows but tying into Crisis.

Anyone know if this is true?

Christopher Frost
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 07 December 2019 at 9:46pm | IP Logged | 7 post reply

Yes, the comic thing is true. I believe Marv Wolfman (who also co-wrote the Crisis episode of Arrow) is involved with it.

Don't expect Kid Flash to pop up as the actor who played him has stepped away from acting at the moment.

Unfortunately, with only five episodes in which to tell this story, most of the characters will be relegated to cameo status or the old stand by of being in the crowd but not having any lines. 

Speaking of which, they did hint that there are some cameos that they haven't announced so speculation runs rampant over who it could be. Guggenheim has even said that they approached Nicolas Cage about making a cameo as Superman (due to the fact that he nearly played Supes in a thankfully cancelled project). Apparently they even include a nod to the Keaton Batman films.

As for breaking it up, that sucks in the sense that we are used to getting these crossover episodes over the span of a few days but given that we often had to wait month to month for a story to be continued in the comics, we should be able to handle a few weeks off.

Brian Hague
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 08 December 2019 at 1:35am | IP Logged | 8 post reply

I find it interesting that the backbone shows of this Crisis crossover are Supergirl and the Flash, two characters DC wrote off during the original Crisis as unnecessary and played out. 

Carlos Velasco
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 08 December 2019 at 3:16am | IP Logged | 9 post reply

He-he... Good catch, Brian. I'm reading Levitz's Legion and I am about to reach the point where Supergirl, Brainiac 5's love interest, dies in Crisis... I'm looking forward to see how that is handled. The fan letters should be interesting too. Based in a letter response, Levitz was not aware that Supergirl was going to die and he planned some plot developments with her.

Eric Smearman
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 08 December 2019 at 2:32pm | IP Logged | 10 post reply

Carlos, I think I recall reading somewhere that Levitz
offered to save Supergirl by bringing her into the Legion
permanently.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 12
  Post ReplyPost New Topic