Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
TV
Byrne Robotics > TV << Prev Page of 3
Topic: Supergirl S3 Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 May 2018 at 12:20pm | IP Logged | 1 post reply

I'm still watching. I don't mind a large cast but let's not have 5 stories going at once.

Looks like Guardian will be spotlighted next week.
Back to Top profile | search

Rebecca Jansen
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 May 2018 at 12:25pm | IP Logged | 2 post reply

I really liked earlier in Season 3 where Kara was coming to terms with her alienness and it's implications, but I agree the mystical Krypton stuff fits uncomfortably. I guess we know however that Kara and Kal's fathers were rather unique as scientists while other powers that be trudged heedlessly onward to doom, so maybe the majority on the planet were not very scientific?

I don't remember any Mon-El stuff in any Legion comics but I found it worked well in the tv show, especially the initial Daxamite vs. Kryptonian prejudices being worked out. Now it's the Supes vs. the Luthor prejudices?
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Charles Valderrama
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 May 2018 at 12:51pm | IP Logged | 3 post reply

I've enjoyed the show as well but fell behind after the midseason break. I'll have to find some time now to catch up.

-C!
Back to Top profile | search | www

Rebecca Jansen
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 21 May 2018 at 7:56pm | IP Logged | 4 post reply

James Olsen was actually mistaken by the police as the 'perp' when his Guardian mask came off in episode 19 tonight. Actor Mehcad Brooks did a great job with it I thought. That could easily have come off as forced in but it didn't. I was actually teed off!

I have trouble buying that someone as smart as Lena Luthor wouldn't figure out Kara and Supergirl are the same person however, especially with how Supergirl was talking to her in this episode tonight!

It seems like the various religious stuff is shown as potentially positive (Martian Dad's faith his God sent his son J'onn J'onz to him) or a ticket to crazyland (the former Supergirl worshipers who have found a new calling). I guess that's a kind of balance.

Edited by Rebecca Jansen on 21 May 2018 at 7:57pm
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Eric Sofer
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 22 May 2018 at 7:07am | IP Logged | 5 post reply

Ms. Jansen - why would we assume that Lena Luthor HASN'T determined that Kara Danvers is Supergirl? Just because she hasn't said anything? If you watch Lena's reactions after some of their interactions, she seems to know... something. And what else is there to know about Kara? TANGENT: Berlanti couldn't find an actress who can keep ONE accent? I don't care if Lena was raised in London and has a British accent... hell, I don't care if the Luthors had to go to Australia to avoid Lex's reputation... but could we PLEASE find an actress who can KEEP ONE ACCENT? This "Britlish" accent Lena has is making me crazy.*

They caught me off last night... instead of a nice curve ball, the young lady reading out of the Kryptonian book said the last ingredient was nitrogen... and darn it, but it was nitrogen. Heaven's sake, she KNOWS Mon-El is right there! Why not try something to mess up their plans?

I hate the "happy coincidences" and "deus ex machinas" that litter the DCW-verse. M'rynn and Ruby "happen" to find foosball the answer to their problems. Harrison Wells "happens" to stumble upon an emotional key to help defeat the Thinker. Mr. Terrific "happens" to find something in his research while working on another project. Look, I'm as big a fan of serendipity as anyone... but not EVERY week on EVERY show. Maybe a little good ol' detective work or scientific research could do the trick?

That Jimmy Olsen sequence about racial prejudice hit every button for me, in a good way, and it was a win. NOT heavy handed, NOT too preachy... but a great scene.

I still predict that Supegirl will meet more of the Legion at the end of the season, but I'm content right now. And DAMN! Every time I see Mon-El in costume is a thrill. Honestly, we're two flight rings and a Professor Potter invention for Winn away from the DEO being a Legion adjunct team in the 20th century... YAY!

*Yeah, right. I'll blame it on that. :P

Brandon Frye
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 23 May 2018 at 9:32pm | IP Logged | 6 post reply

For those who don't watch the show, this scene had a nice little homage to Superman The Movie..

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 3
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version