Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
Star Trek
Byrne Robotics > Star Trek
Topic: Choose Three Comic Crossovers Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 08 August 2017 at 9:45am | IP Logged | 1 post reply

In recent years, STAR TREK has "cross-pollinated" with other franchises within the IDW universe. 

I'd like to ask you to name three franchises you'd like to see Star Trek cross over with.

A few "rules".

TOS, TNG, DS9, VOYAGER and ENTERPRISE only, please, not Abrams' "universe".

Also, categories are:

One choice must be DC, another choice must be Marvel, but your remaining choice (three in total, please) can be from any fictional universe. Off you go!

For DC, I'd like to see Captain Kirk encounter The Spectre.

For Marvel, it'd have to bee TOS crossing over with the Fantastic Four, perhaps featuring Galactus. Maybe Galactus could be about to consume the Klingon homeworld!

For my third choice, I'd like to see a TOS/VOLTRON crossover, mainly for the visual aspects. 
Back to Top profile | search

Eric Sofer
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 08 August 2017 at 1:36pm | IP Logged | 2 post reply

DC: Superman and the Enterprise D facing off against Q and Mr. Mxyzptlk. Try to NOT get Q to say his name backwards... :)

Marvel: I once wrote a fan fic where the Enterprise* got tossed back in time - maybe dimensions - and was encountered by the Fantastic Four. I was really proud of that piece. Only one tiny bit of sexual element, and I mean tiny. And it wasn't sexual. And I'm going on too long about it.

FREE CHOICE: It might be obvious, or hackneyed, but I'd like to see the Enterprise* or the Voyager encounter the Jupiter 2.

FREE CHOICE: More on my wife's request than mine... she'd love to see the Enterprise* face off with the Serenity.

FREE CHOICE: I'm going a little off the board in that I'd like to see a Dr. Who / Gary Seven crossover.

*"NCC one seven oh one. No bloody A, B, C, or D."

Andrew Saxon
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 09 August 2017 at 1:13am | IP Logged | 3 post reply

Thought about it but realised the idea of the Enterprise running into superheroes just seemed wrong to me somehow. I've no idea why as I like Star Trek and I like superheroes, but for some reason I have a mental block against them meeting. I think the only way I could find to make the idea palatable to myself was if the crew were aware that they had come across something fictional - aliens are recreating old Earth history superheroes or scenarios for some reason (a little bit Savage Curtain, but I never claimed to be a writer - fortunately, my day job suits me fine). However, if the one true Enterprise should ever find itself in orbit around the planet Krypton, I'd want that Krypton to look like it would have done in a comic book on sale at the time TOS was in production (no naughty sneaking ahead to our illustrious host's era)...and that's as far as I can get with the concept before my head explodes, sorry.

A crossover with Doctor Who is a no-brainer but I'd like to see either the Hartnell or Troughton incarnations bumping into Kirk and co. Keep the Who side of things pre-War Games simple, with no mention of Time Lords or over-doses of continuity. An episode of Star Trek as written by Terrance Dicks perhaps?
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Warren Scott
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 09 August 2017 at 5:50pm | IP Logged | 4 post reply

I feel much like Andrew. The Star Trek/X-Men crossovers that have been done just didn't work for me.
But I could see the Enterprise finding themselves in an alternate universe (as in "Mirror, Mirror") occupied by the Green Lantern Corps and perhaps meeting a Klingon Green Lantern (among others) who must reconcile his culture with his responsibility to the corps. The Guardians of the Universe, as a race of large-headed, highly intelligent beings, seem not so different from the Talosians of "The Cage."
The Marvel crossover was tougher for me because I'm not much into Marvel's spacefaring characters. But it occurred to me the Enterprise has been known to travel through time. Also, they have encountered Apollo, so why not Thor and the gods of Asgard?
For the last scenario I also favor Doctor Who, though my choice would be the Tom Barker version. And I could see him teaming with (and befuddling to a degree) the classic or Next Generation crew.

Brian Floyd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 10 August 2017 at 1:29am | IP Logged | 5 post reply

DC: Green Lantern Corps + DS9. The Green Lantern Corps appear on Deep Space 9 to warn against an attack by the combined forces of The Dominion and The Sinestro Corps, but they all end up working together when mysterious forces launch a Doomsday Machine.

Marvel: Iron Man + TNG (movie era). Tony Stark finds himself transported onboard the Enterprise E when it turns out that one of his descendants has been transformed into a Borg...and that means the Borg are adapting Iron Man technology for their own use. Thrill at the sight of...IRON DATA!

Other: Star Wars + TOS. Taking place between Revenge of The Sith and A New Hope from the Star Wars point of view, and between the third season and the animated series from the TOS point of view. The Emperor and Darth Vader end up using the Guardian for their own nefarious purposes. Features a battle of many Federation starships against a fleet of Tie-Fighters and a Star Destroyer.

Edited by Brian Floyd on 10 August 2017 at 1:30am
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Wallace Sellars
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 10 August 2017 at 3:21pm | IP Logged | 6 post reply

Back to Top profile | search | www

Bill Mimbu
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 10 August 2017 at 6:29pm | IP Logged | 7 post reply

DC: TOS time travel episode where the USS Enterprise encounters the Planet Krypton.

Marvel: Sort of TOS-connected, but... Gary Seven meets The Fantastic Four.

Other: TNG crosses over into the SPACE DANDY universe.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version