Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
Movies
Byrne Robotics > Movies << Prev Page of 5
Topic: Ant-Man and The Wasp ~ SPOILERS begin Pg 3 Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 18 July 2018 at 2:18am | IP Logged | 1 post reply

I finally saw it. A good solid movie. I felt it was The Wasp with her sidekick Ant Man, but whatever.  That was predicted to happen anyway. 

One thing that I have always liked about the MCU is that everyone has their own fighting styles. Ant-Man's and Wasp's fighting styles are as interesting to watch and jaw dropping as Nightcrawler's. Great stuff.

I'm curious what they are going to do with Janet. I don't know if her new self was just to help this movie move along or was something planted to help Avengers 4?
Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

Michael Roberts
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 18 July 2018 at 4:07am | IP Logged | 2 post reply

I felt it was The Wasp with her sidekick Ant Man, but whatever

------

Wasp was more of a badass, certainly, but Scott had more of a character arc, and the movie was still mostly from his POV. I thought there needed to be more parity between her and Ant-Man.

Back to Top profile | search

Robert Shepherd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 20 July 2018 at 11:20pm | IP Logged | 3 post reply

Yeah Scott may have been the main character on paper, but the more I think on it the more I felt he was written as an incompetent. 

I'd first argue that Scott Lang is probably the most likable character in all the MCU. Once he got his redemption, he has become a great Dad, is funny, caring, intuituve. He learned quickly in Ant-Man and fought well, could think on his feet and escaped harrowing situations. Even as the "new" guy, he held his own, and then some, in Civil War, granted he had the element of surprise work in his favor - twice.

Then comes  AMatW and he gets his ass handed to him multiple times, got saddled with a faulty suit (for the slap stick laughs), and his one shining moment is as a diversion. It just felt like he was along for the ride and thats it. He never really got to shine as a super hero. 

On the other hand, I really enjoyed Hank Pym's story arc and the introduction of Janet, so I walked away happy enough. 

And I have a feeling AntMan is going to get great face time on Avengers 4.

Edited by Robert Shepherd on 20 July 2018 at 11:38pm
Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 5
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version