Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 31 July 2017 at 1:36pm | IP Logged | 1 post reply

Trailer
Back to Top profile | search

Petter Myhr Ness
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 10 August 2017 at 12:15am | IP Logged | 2 post reply

No thanks. The absolute worst of the DC shows. 

Anthony J Lombardi
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 10 August 2017 at 1:40am | IP Logged | 3 post reply

I agree that's it's the worst of the DC shows, on the CW. I watch the show but it's not high up on my list of priorities. So it sits on my DVR until I've nothing else to watch.

Joseph Greathouse
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 10 August 2017 at 8:56am | IP Logged | 4 post reply

I watched the first season on Netflix and thought it was fun.  The second as well, but I'm not far in.  I much prefer the Flash.  But I'm not a huge DC guy so don't feel the connection to the characters or world prior to adaptation.  

Christopher Frost
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 10 August 2017 at 8:34pm | IP Logged | 5 post reply

Legends is fun, which a lot of the other shows aren't.

In my opinion, the worst of the DC shows is Lucifer, which managed to completely miss the point of the comic series it was based on.

Michael Roberts
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 10 August 2017 at 9:40pm | IP Logged | 6 post reply

LEGENDS can be a bit inconsistent, but I thought SEASON 2 was a lot more fun than the downer storylines in ARROW and FLASH. I think the show works best when it doesn't take itself seriously like with the George Lucas and JRR Tolkien episodes.

LUCIFER sucks as an adaptation, but as a generic cop procedural featuring The Devil, it's grown on me. 

Brian Floyd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 10 August 2017 at 9:49pm | IP Logged | 7 post reply

LUCIFER is actually one of my favorite shows, but I agree that it misses the point.

Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Michael Roberts
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 February 2018 at 2:19am | IP Logged | 8 post reply

Somehow, LEGENDS has become the best Arrowverse show, which is a sharp contrast from the first season, where it was the worst Arrowverse show.

This week's episode, with Matt Ryan's Constantine guest-starring, managed to maintain the horror elements of the NBC show while having the fun, whimsical character bits and one-liners. Loved it.

Eric Sofer
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 February 2018 at 8:45am | IP Logged | 9 post reply

I'm still enjoying Legends a lot, but I'm a little depressed that they aren't showing super powers as much as I'd like.

Also, Ray Palmer is STILL being shown as a ditz! If not the captain, he should be Sara Lance's confidant and good right arm. No romance necessary... but a partner and strong supporting character. He wasn't a dope when he was introduced on Arrow... he was a genius, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist. I see no reason to make him comedy relief now.

My wonder is... what happens to it in two weeks? Supergirl's back on February 27 at 8:00, and "I Zombie" returns at 9:00. Where's LoT? Maybe Wednesday nights?

I enjoy this show a lot, and I wish it weren't treated as the redheaded step child. Obviously, they don't want it to fail, so I can't see why it's treated with such disdain.

Gonna miss Went Miller too - appropriately, he is the COOLEST actor on that show!

William Costello
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 15 February 2018 at 7:49pm | IP Logged | 10 post reply

I personally though Legends, Season #2, was the best of the Berlanti "Arrowverse" CW series for that year. The overarching story line was coherent and easy enough to follow, somewhat amusing in unexpected ways, but closed out it's season with one of the best season closing episodes of any of the Berlanti CW series.
I think the show also the advantage of not being too "bound" by any of the DC legacy, and can go in its own direction. CW's The Flash, after a (IMO) almost brilliant first season, has been a bit too quick in trying to introduce "Flash" legacy elements in seasons two and three, sometimes incoherently.
Saying that, though, I'm not sure about season three of Legends; I can't tell where the story arc is really going at this point.

Christopher Frost
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 15 February 2018 at 9:50pm | IP Logged | 11 post reply

1) Supergirl isn't coming back for almost two months. Legends has the Monday timeslot for the next little while as it finishes out it's season. Then Supergirl will return to her regular timeslot to finish out her season.

2) There will be more superpowers being shown/used on the show now that Wally is joining the team.

3) Constantine is reportedly returning later in the season, presumably to help deal with the rising threat of the demon Mallus  (whom Darkh appears to be either in league with or doing the bidding of).

Michael Roberts
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 15 February 2018 at 10:41pm | IP Logged | 12 post reply

Saying that, though, I'm not sure about season three of Legends; I can't tell where the story arc is really going at this point.

ó-

After the most recent episode, I thought it was headed toward the Legends seeking out the other Totems so that they can form Captain Planet to be their hero and take the demon Mallus down to zero. 

I think one of the strengths of LEGENDS is that it is not as reliant on the story arc as the other shows. The QUANTUM LEAP meets BACK TO THE FUTURE nature of their missions works regardless of whether they are dealing with the seasonís Big Bad or not. 

Brandon Frye
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 February 2018 at 8:21pm | IP Logged | 13 post reply

QUOTE:
Also, Ray Palmer is STILL being shown as a ditz! If not the captain, he should be Sara Lance's confidant and good right arm. No romance necessary... but a partner and strong supporting character. He wasn't a dope when he was introduced on Arrow... he was a genius, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist. I see no reason to make him comedy relief now.

I can only guess here, but perhaps it was felt those elements would have made him too similar to Tony Stark or Bruce Wayne. 

He has a child-like innocence about him that makes him socially awkward at times but I've never really gotten a ditzy vib from him. 

Doug Centers
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 20 February 2018 at 10:35am | IP Logged | 14 post reply

Enjoyed latest episode (I'm a sucker for time loop type stories).
Kinda want to see that '75 mission they were returning from.

Must say I like this group of Legends, hope they stay together a while. And yes Ray needs some tweaking, it's like Routh is playing some iteration of his Clark Kent. Steel does a good job of being the "light" character.

Michael Roberts
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 20 February 2018 at 10:53am | IP Logged | 15 post reply

Enjoyed latest episode (I'm a sucker for time loop type stories).

----

Me too.

They need to give Gideon an avatar or an android body, because Amy Pemberton needs to be on-screen more.

Eric Sofer
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 20 February 2018 at 4:25pm | IP Logged | 16 post reply

Mr. Roberts, I second the motion for more Amy Pemberton.

Doug Centers
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 20 February 2018 at 4:54pm | IP Logged | 17 post reply

third-ed

Michael Roberts
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 19 March 2018 at 12:44pm | IP Logged | 18 post reply

http://comicbook.com/dc/2018/03/19/constantine-joins-legends -tomorrow/

Brian Floyd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 19 March 2018 at 3:59pm | IP Logged | 19 post reply

Saw that on Facebook earlier, and am very happy about that. Was hoping it would happen.

Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Christopher Frost
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 19 March 2018 at 8:35pm | IP Logged | 20 post reply

It's about damn time. The character adds a lot to the show, both in power set and personality, and he'll be a good addition to their little collection of oddballs.  

Eric Sofer
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 20 March 2018 at 10:11am | IP Logged | 21 post reply

And apparently, Constantine will be getting his own show again. Unfortunately, it'll be on the CW Seed - which I guess is their streaming network

Michael Roberts
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 20 March 2018 at 10:43am | IP Logged | 22 post reply

Itís an animated web series like VIXEN and THE RAY. 

Michael Roberts
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 09 April 2018 at 11:31pm | IP Logged | 23 post reply

The last two episodes cement this as the best CW superhero show ever. Barack Obama vs Gorilla Grodd. The ridiculous plan to record John Noble on the set of THE LORD OF THE RINGS to fake the voice of Mallus, played by John Noble. The Legends vs Romans and Vikings and Pirates in the old West. BEEBO vs Mallus/Malice!

This is a what a superhero show should be. FUN! Iíve been hating the hero vs hero drama on ARROW (sorry Marc!), but LEGENDS is amazing. 

Doug Centers
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 10 April 2018 at 4:55am | IP Logged | 24 post reply

Best season ender....EVER!

Ok, maybe not best, but you couldn't wipe the smile off my face during that final battle.

Eric Sofer
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 10 April 2018 at 8:59am | IP Logged | 25 post reply

This season was solid. I enjoyed 'most every episode, and I cannot say enough about Neal McDonough as a villain - the man's acting stuns me.

The cameos in the finale were delightful. Joan of Arc, as trained by the Amazons of Themyscira - next best thing to Wonder Woman, to be sure. 

As I watched the finale, I realized that it kinda had to be Beebo that battled Mallus. It was hinted at all season, in its way. I loved it.

I missed Ray in is Atom outfit. Yeah, I know it must be expensive... but this WAS the finale, after all.

I'd have liked to see Hawkman and/or Hawkgirl, but I guess I had to be satisfied with Mick's hilarious reference to them.

Also, I REALLY thought/hoped that Jacks was going to get the Fire totem, and we would see Firestorm one last time. But just the character was enough.

As my wife said, "I'll miss Vixen, but I can't wait to see more Constantine." Surely. 

The timing of LoT was interesting... it filled the hiatus on Supergirl, which works; but then, how are these going to time out compared to Arrow, Black Lightning, and Flash? I think I'd much prefer five shows a week in regular timing. On the other hand... as long as they fill in right, I reckon I'm satisfied.

Legends is definitely hitting a high point over the past couple of seasons. Like S.H.I.E.L.D., it took a little while to get its footing... but I'll call it a winner now. I liked it before, and I REALLY like it now!

Page of 2 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version