Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 31 July 2017 at 1:31pm | IP Logged | 1 post reply

Trailer
Back to Top profile | search

Brian Floyd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 02 August 2017 at 12:55am | IP Logged | 2 post reply

Let me save you some time: Fast forward to about the 2:06 mark. Because the first two minutes are mostly recaps from last season.

Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Charles Valderrama
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 17 May 2018 at 11:24am | IP Logged | 3 post reply

The CW is adding another hero from the DCU when Batwoman debuts on ARROW. She will debut in the network’s next superhero crossover for the fall season.

Stephen Amell made the announcement at The CW’s Upfronts Thursday morning. Along with Batwoman, the Arrowverse will also be adding Gotham City to the mix.

-C!
Back to Top profile | search | www

Kevin Brown
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 17 May 2018 at 11:46am | IP Logged | 4 post reply

Here's the article about Batwoman.

Edited by Kevin Brown on 17 May 2018 at 11:50am

Sergio Saavedra
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 21 May 2018 at 6:04am | IP Logged | 5 post reply

What an irregular season this was. 
Tedious and annoying plot lines most of the time, and a few really great episodes at the end of the season.

Michael Roberts
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 21 May 2018 at 8:16am | IP Logged | 6 post reply

I thought this season was fine up until they shifted the focus to all the in-fighting. Those episodes were horrible. 

Brian Floyd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 21 May 2018 at 11:43am | IP Logged | 7 post reply

The season finale stunk on ice. 

Kevin Brown
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 21 May 2018 at 1:09pm | IP Logged | 8 post reply

The ending was fine, but it was pure idiocy by how Oliver got the FBI's help.  Any decent attorney would rip any sort of deal they had apart, once the city was free of Diaz's influence and corruption, because it was blackmail.  Period.  It doesn't matter how true it is, how the FBI agent got him to admit it would be considered under duress.

Christopher Frost
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 21 May 2018 at 8:21pm | IP Logged | 9 post reply

True, but Oliver didn't want to fight it anymore. I got the sense that he's finally willing to pay the price for his actions so he was okay with how it all shook out in the end.

Michael Roberts
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 21 May 2018 at 8:53pm | IP Logged | 10 post reply

I felt the ending was just an excuse to set up a take on the long-shelved SUPERMAX movie, which would have been about a framed Green Arrow fighting his way out of a prison riot in a facility full of super villains. 

I understand why ARGUS didn’t intervene in Oliver’s trial, but once he was sent to federal prison, you’d think Lyla would have been able to do something. I get that she’s trying not to be Waller, but still. 

Brian Floyd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 21 May 2018 at 9:44pm | IP Logged | 11 post reply

I didn't mind Oliver going to prison so much as I mind that he publicly confessed to being Green Arrow. 

I even didn't mind that they killed Quentin off. (Already had a feeling they were heading that way earlier in the season.)

What I did mind is that Diaz is still alive, thanks to Black Siren's stupidity. If he's the main villain again next season, I'm done. 

My guess is that Diggle will be Green Arrow at the start of the season, but Oliver will somehow be out of prison by episode 5 or 6. How they're going to put him being Green Arrow back in the box since he publicly confessed, I'm not sure. 

Eric Jansen
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 22 May 2018 at 12:35am | IP Logged | 12 post reply

I always thought the SUPERMAX movie idea was good, but I never wanted the movie Green Arrow to reveal his identity (right off the bat, especially).  This is the best of both possible worlds!  With the Multiverse referenced here and in THE FLASH and SUPERGIRL, I don't consider this to be THE Green Arrow, but A Green Arrow.  (A Green Arrow I like!  And I don't have to gripe about this GA and Black Canary not being together.)  So, I'm okay with him revealing his identity here.  And I look forward to seeing the SUPERMAX storyline!  And I assume that's why Diaz is still alive, to pull the strings of the prison.

(And until I looked it up, I had no idea that Diaz is supposed to be some version of Richard Dragon--which explains why he could beat Oliver in a fight.)

Edited by Eric Jansen on 22 May 2018 at 12:36am

Kevin Brown
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 22 May 2018 at 7:48am | IP Logged | 13 post reply

Brian Floyd wrote:
How they're going to put him being Green Arrow back in the box since he publicly confessed, I'm not sure.

Having sightings of the Green Arrow fighting crime in Star City, while Ollie is in prison.  Then reveal the blackmail perpetrated by agent Watson.  (Even though she just wants the truth, is was blackmail...)  Finally having ARGUS director Lyla Michaels come out and say that she's worked with the Green Arrow and he's not Ollie.

Makes Oliver Queen look like a hero in "lying" by saying anything and willing to go to jail to save the city, while getting his secret ID back.

Charles Valderrama
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 22 May 2018 at 11:27am | IP Logged | 14 post reply

It's a shame they haven't introduced Hal Jordan... I think Hal and Oliver would be the perfect way to transition this series from the mess it's becoming into something that would "steer the ship" right. Stephen Amell even stated recently that he'll be growing the goatee for next season.

I'd love to see an adaptation of some O’Neil and Adams' Green Lantern/Green Arrow stories in the near future.

-C!

Brian Floyd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 22 May 2018 at 11:41pm | IP Logged | 15 post reply

Charles, there was a rumor at one time that Diggle was going to become a Green Lantern. Keep in mind that rumor popped up about 2 or 3 seasons ago....

Eric Sofer
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 23 May 2018 at 7:39am | IP Logged | 16 post reply

Nothing indicates that Diggle COULDN'T be a Green Lantern, though. Cool character, cool performances (I LOVED the Diggle cameo in last week's Flash), and enough attitude to be a strong character without so much so to be an asshole.

I dread the appearance of Guy Gardner on Arrow IF THEY SHOULD CHOOSE TO INTRODUCE HIM, because that character is so limited, there's only one possibility for him. And I cannot hate that idea more.

As for Batwoman... well, we know that a Bruce Wayne is in the Arrowverse. (Almost certainly.) But the second they introduce her, it becomes Batman... and really, except for a chest emblem and Arrow-signal, this show has been Batman anyhow. No real objection... I just mind not calling a spade a spade.

Still, the argument can be made - with some success - that the show has been more emphasized on Oliver Queen than on a pseudo-Batman. It's still okay, and I look forward to next season.

Charles Valderrama
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 23 May 2018 at 8:48am | IP Logged | 17 post reply

I'm not a big fan of Diggle, so I'd be disappointed if they made him a Green Lantern. Honestly, after so many seasons, it's shocking that Hal hasn't made it onto the show (Yet so many others have.) considering their comic book history/ friendship.

I understand the fact that Green Lantern FAILED on the big screen and it might be a sore spot for Berlanti, but I wish he'd take another shot at making Hal work on the series.

-C! 

Christopher Frost
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 23 May 2018 at 8:45pm | IP Logged | 18 post reply

They hinted at Hal a few seasons ago when they had a scene set in a bar in Coast City and the camera panned past a jacket with the name "Jordan" on it. It's always possible they might get there eventually.

Charles Valderrama
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 31 May 2018 at 8:34am | IP Logged | 19 post reply

I certainly hope they get there sooner than later. I want to see some
Hal and Ollie adventures before the series ends!

-C!

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version