episodes.

If this season doesn't turn around, it
will be my last. 2 episodes back to back
that were just awful.
Back to Top profile | search

Kevin Brown
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 24 January 2018 at 8:13am | IP Logged | 2 post reply

I agree, Marc.  It's turning into the Elongated Man Show.  Which would be ok, if they didn't make the guy such an ass.

Eric Sofer
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 24 January 2018 at 9:21am | IP Logged | 3 post reply

ITEM: Barry Allen in jail is stupid. It needs to be resolved quickly.

ITEM: At least Big Sir wasn't brain damaged.

ITEM: Elongated Man wasn't bad. I think that this episode is one where he started losing his "ass" attitude and started becoming hero worthy. And really, the Wells-Cisco sniping sounded like an old married couple... which is certainly possible, but it is just SO intrusive.

ITEM: Was this young woman the same one as at the wedding? From the comics, the language she was using didn't look like Interlac. It looked more like Kryptonese to me... could she be Power Girl?

Michael Roberts
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 24 January 2018 at 11:06am | IP Logged | 4 post reply

I didn't mind this episode. It was the same tone as the first Trickster episode with Mark Hamill. Even had Corinne Bohrer reprising her role from the 90's FLASH.

QUOTE:
I think that this episode is one where he started losing his "ass" attitude and started becoming hero worthy.

I thought his turnaround was last week, when he convinced Joe not to plant evidence.

QUOTE:
Was this young woman the same one as at the wedding? From the comics, the language she was using didn't look like Interlac. It looked more like Kryptonese to me... could she be Power Girl?

Yes.

It didn't look like the Interlac from the comics, but it was definitely not Kryptonian, at least not the Kryptonian that they've used on SUPERGIRL, SMALLVILLE, and the most recent Superman movies. I also don't think they'd pass up the opportunity to make Power Girl the Earth-1 version of Kara.

They've been playing up the Mystery Girl's awkward rambling way too much for me not to think she's supposed to be XS, who was a cheery chatterbox who sometimes lacked a filter in the comics.

Brian O'Neill
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 25 January 2018 at 1:08am | IP Logged | 5 post reply

Marc Woolman

What the hell was this episode??? It was 
as a bad as any of the 60's Batman 
episodes.
With an episode title like 'The Elongated Knight Rises', and Axel-Prank team having a distinctly 'Cobblepot'/GOTHAM vibe, that resemblance was intentional.

Marc M. Woolman
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 25 January 2018 at 1:59am | IP Logged | 6 post reply

Intentionally f*cking awful is still awful. If I wanted
60's Batman camp I'd.... actually, no. I wouldn't.

Eric Jansen
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 25 January 2018 at 2:30am | IP Logged | 7 post reply

I'm really enjoying the Elongated Man appearances.  A bit of fresh air amidst all the angst.  (Even loved how they started with the ugly purple suit!)

And it was really nice to see Corinne Bohrer again--haven't seen her for decades!

And why would the Earth One Power Girl (geez, it gets confusing sometimes) be a short, nervous, non-blonde?  I mean, they change a lot of things on these shows, but would they really change EVERYTHING about a potential star character?

Edited by Eric Jansen on 25 January 2018 at 3:31am

Brian Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 25 January 2018 at 5:57am | IP Logged | 8 post reply

See Saturn Girl currently on Supergirl for your answer. 

Eric Sofer
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 25 January 2018 at 7:50am | IP Logged | 9 post reply

Or Brainiac 5 on "Supergirl", or Hawkgirl and the Atom on "DC's Legends of Tomorrow" for further answer.

Michael Roberts
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 25 January 2018 at 11:08am | IP Logged | 10 post reply

QUOTE:
See Saturn Girl currently on Supergirl for your answer.

QUOTE:
Or Brainiac 5 on "Supergirl", or Hawkgirl and the Atom on "DC's Legends of Tomorrow" for further answer.

These don't really answer Eric J's question.

Eric Sofer
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 25 January 2018 at 7:27pm | IP Logged | 11 post reply

Eric J: "...why would the Earth One Power Girl be a short, nervous, non-blonde?"

Because Berlanti's shows have demonstrated that they aren't strictly cleaving to designs in the comic books. As examples:

Saturn Girl is not a blonde, nor is she telepathic. 

Brianiac 5 is blue, not green. 

Mon-El is a Daxamite, but he does not have Kryptonian powers. He time traveled into the future to join the Legion of Super-Heroes, rather than spending a thousand years in the Phantom Zone. He has had romantic relationships with both Supergirl and Saturn Girl. His costume looks nothing like the red and blue outfit in the comics. And lead does not fatally affect him with no cure.

Hawkgirl was not a white woman, nor did she put on or take off her wings... they were natural and invisible.

Barry Allen is brown-haired, not blonde. Kid Flash was white, not black, as was Iris Allen. Iris' father was a lovable absent mind professor (who actually made some Flash comics quite fun.) And Eobard Thawne was Reverse-Flash was Professor Zoom... one person.

The Atom does not have a skin tight suit made out of white dwarf star material which is invisible when he is full size... he wear armor that is very hard to hide, and that also lets him grow.

There are other differences between the Berlanti-verse and the DCU, but the answer to your question is that it's entirely possible that they've decided to make Power Girl and Supergirl look different, so as to avoid confusion between characters. Of course, it certainly might not be Power Girl - but it is a possibility, despite her appearance.

Michael Roberts
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 26 January 2018 at 12:15am | IP Logged | 12 post reply

Of course, it certainly might not be Power Girl - but it is a possibility,
despite her appearance.

-

She also could be Lobo.

Doug Centers
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 07 February 2018 at 5:43am | IP Logged | 13 post reply

Ok, it's apparent they're not going for any realism at all in any of the court scenes. That appeal hearing was laughable.
Like the show I guess we're just going to move on.

Kevin Brown
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 07 February 2018 at 10:50am | IP Logged | 14 post reply

Agreed about the court scene....   This season has had some very bad moments and not enough good ones.  But we do get the Fiddler in the next episode, albeit a country and western version of the character.

Eric Sofer
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 07 February 2018 at 11:45am | IP Logged | 15 post reply

And a female Fiddler. DC TV no longer gets any passes with me. Oh, I'm, still watching and still enjoying... but if the have to change a 75 year old character from an old guy to a young and pretty woman... they don't get any more "it's just a liiittle different..." without me being irate.

Yes, I'm sure they're quaking in their boots...

Brian Floyd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 07 February 2018 at 4:16pm | IP Logged | 16 post reply

Isn't the most current version of the Fiddler a female villain called the Virtuoso, anyway?

The Fiddler's name never made sense to me. He clearly dresses like a classical musician and his instrument has been referred to as a violin. The fiddle and the violin are the same instrument, with the difference being how they're set up. But the fiddle is used mostly in country and folk music. He should really have been named `The Violinist'.

Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Eric Jansen
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 06 March 2018 at 11:01pm | IP Logged | 17 post reply

Tonight's episode was great!  FLASH is definitely the best super-hero/comic-book show on the air!  The changes they've made bother me the least of all the Berlanti shows. I was especially struck tonight by how RIGHT the Flash looks when he runs--THAT is the Flash I grew up with! (Sure, when they do close ups I see the chin guard, the extra lines, and the leather, but--!)  I even like Iris now!  (She was so annoying before!)

Question for the Forum (and forgive me if this has been discussed before): If Harrison Wells is the father of Jesse Quick, does that mean that he is/was/will be Johnny Quick?

Andrew Bitner
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 07 March 2018 at 8:32am | IP Logged | 18 post reply

I don't think that they've ever suggested Harrison has or will have a speedster secret identity. All we know is that he's probably the smartest guy on the team (though he's not smarter than Devoe, apparently).

Good ep last night. Barry trying every single thing he could think of, only to fail over and over, and finding the key inspiration when he's at the end of his endurance-- that's a pretty classic comic book story.

Now WTF was that with the dorky girl at CC Jitters?

Sergio Saavedra
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 09 March 2018 at 4:04pm | IP Logged | 19 post reply

Good episode. It made me miss those times when TV shows offered autoconclusive stories in each episode and just a secondary plot streching throughout the whole season. 

Michael Roberts
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 09 April 2018 at 11:37pm | IP Logged | 20 post reply

This weeks episode is supposed to include Crucifer from JBs JLA run, but reading the description, it sounds like that beyond being vampiric, its an in name only character. 

Kevin Brown
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 11 April 2018 at 7:29am | IP Logged | 21 post reply

I am getting VERY tired of Ralph on this show.....  This is one of the few times I am hoping that a character dies and never returns.

Eric Sofer
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 11 April 2018 at 7:55am | IP Logged | 22 post reply

The Ralph - Barry conflict this week seemed VERY manufactured, and Ralph is getting a little tiresome. BE a hero and show yourself cooperating - or even coming up with the right idea once in a while - or give it up, stay hidden in STAR, and stop putting Barry at risk from his own allies. Barry was right.

This somewhat mirrors the current theme on Arrow of Ollie vs. John on Arrow. Conflict, and it seems to be manufactured. There should be a little dissent in the ranks because not everyone will always agree... but this is getting a bit much.

Also, I would have, perhaps, appreciated not quite getting a brick to the head for how the Thinker is going to be defeated this season - he'll be betrayed by his wife when she realizes how he's (she's) manipulating her, and she can react. Does Barry even NEED to figure into this?

This season of Flash has been kinda disappointing. I was hoping for a little better.

Kevin Brown
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 18 April 2018 at 9:40am | IP Logged | 23 post reply

I think the season may have redeemed itself after last night's episode....

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 3
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version