Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
Sports Talk
Byrne Robotics > Sports Talk << Prev Page of 2
Topic: 2017 NFL Season Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 August 2017 at 1:33pm | IP Logged | 1 post reply

A six game suspension for Elliott is a joke.  However, he should be suspended for 1 game.  The NFL takes a dim view of even accused abusers....  (At least, they do now.)
Back to Top profile | search

Brian Floyd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 17 August 2017 at 2:52am | IP Logged | 2 post reply

I look at it this way (and lets ignore that it's a player on my favorite team, because I'd feel this way even if it was player on the Eagles or Patriots, who I can't stand):

There is no justification whatsoever for a suspension when the whole thing is shady. There's too many witnesses stacked against the woman who accused Elliott. And she reportedly said she did it to hurt his career.

(I can see one game, though I don't think he should even get that under the circumstances, but anything more is world class crap.) 

I posted examples of players who were actually charged (and in one case one who confessed), and weren't punished nearly as much as Elliott is being punished. 

Goodell is the problem, because he gets to just arbitrarily hand out punishments, some of which are undeserved and some of which aren't harsh enough, and there's no recourse to do anything about him. I can't wait until the day he resigns or is fired.

I haven't been this mad since the incident involving Ed Reed back in 2012 over the hit on Emmanuel Sanders, when one of Goodell's flunkies went on MIKE AND MIKE and tried to justify the punishment. Despite everyone telling the guy everything short of calling it complete bs. (I can't remember any reputable sportscasters siding with the NFL over that. And if anyone who covered the Steelers did, they don't count for obvious reasons.)

If Elliott's suspension stands, I hope he sues the accuser AND the league once the season is done.

Edited by Brian Floyd on 17 August 2017 at 2:59am
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version