Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
TV
Byrne Robotics > TV
Topic: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D - Season 5 Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 01 July 2017 at 7:33pm | IP Logged | 1 post reply

It's probably more than a little silly of me to start a thread with non-news, but Newsarama has posted that AoS will have no presence at San Diego this year.  I can appreciate that it's not coming back until January so the timing might not be right to do any big push on it, but it is another gloomy sign that the series has been pushed all the way to the back of the Marvel bus in favor of the shiny Netflix shows and Legion.  The former I mostly like, and the latter I really dug, but AoS is the only one with characters I care about and serialized storytelling that has that blush of the great comics.  It's a huge drag, because it's not only my favorite current show, but because of how much it's deepened my appreciation of the MCU.
Back to Top profile | search | www

Richard Stevens
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 01 July 2017 at 7:35pm | IP Logged | 2 post reply

Could not agree more. I love AoS.

Dave Kopperman
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 01 July 2017 at 7:37pm | IP Logged | 3 post reply

And don't even get me started on The Inhumans.  The trailer made it look like an adaption of the Webster's entry on 'boredom.'  How do you sell a show about a secluded society of superpowered royals?  Make it look like a student Shakespeare production filmed on the quad of a community college, I guess.

Michael Roberts
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 01 July 2017 at 10:45pm | IP Logged | 4 post reply

I'm not convinced the issue is AoS taking a back seat, as it is having nothing to show. What would be the point?
Back to Top profile | search

Dave Kopperman
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 03 July 2017 at 8:23am | IP Logged | 5 post reply

Timing is certainly part of it, although Legion's second season also won't be appearing until next year and nothing will have been filmed by SDCC.

David Allen Perrin
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 03 July 2017 at 8:53am | IP Logged | 6 post reply

Hasn't Marvel consciously stepped away (a tad) from the SDCC event as a whole to focus more on the big annual Disney Expo event?

Its coming up in a few days.  I bet if there is something important/critical to be seen from Marvel...it will be there instead of SDCC.

Michael Roberts
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 03 July 2017 at 10:45am | IP Logged | 7 post reply

QUOTE:
Hasn't Marvel consciously stepped away (a tad) from the SDCC event as a whole to focus more on the big annual Disney Expo event?

Not really. 

QUOTE:
Its coming up in a few days.  I bet if there is something important/critical to be seen from Marvel...it will be there instead of SDCC.

There's a ONCE UPON A TIME panel scheduled for D23, but nothing specific to any one Marvel show. There will be Marvel animation panel and a Joe Quesada panel and Disney's general movie slate presentation. The latter two will probably have some announcements and walk-on appearances related to the MCU, but SDCC still has Kevin Feige's big Hall H SDCC MCU panel and Marvel Netflix's THE DEFENDERS is being upgraded to Hall H as well. Marvel is still relying on SDCC for major promotion. 

Christopher Frost
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 03 July 2017 at 7:53pm | IP Logged | 8 post reply

There are a number of properties skipping SDCC this year. Maybe the bloom is finally off the rose?

Michael Roberts
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 03 July 2017 at 8:21pm | IP Logged | 9 post reply

There are a number of properties skipping SDCC this year. Maybe the bloom is finally off the rose?

------

Don't see it. What I do see is NYCC getting more exposure, and it making more sense to promote winter/spring properties at that venue, as well as exhibitors being more savvy about what works at SDCC and what doesn't. 

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version