Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum
Byrne Robotics > The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 4
Topic: WONDER WOMAN Hardcover (Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 22 June 2017 at 11:49pm | IP Logged | 1  

It came out during the run -- tho a year after it was supposed to. In house incompetence led to the delay -- and that after they'd insisted I write it "in continuity", meaning set between two issue from when it was supposed to come out. Rendered utterly meaningly by the delay.

Thanks, JB.

It's downright frustrating how many horror stories you have with the big 2.  Selfishly, I feel cheated out of many great comic books that should have happened.  Your She-Hulk run being interrupted still stings.  
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

John Byrne
Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 23 June 2017 at 7:34am | IP Logged | 2  

It's downright frustrating how many horror stories you have with the big 2. Selfishly, I feel cheated out of many great comic books that should have happened. Your She-Hulk run being interrupted still stings.

••

I blame myself. I started out all bright-eyed and bushy-tailed, which led me to one colossal mistake -- trusting people. Crazy thing is, I still do it.

Years ago, a new editor asked Howard Mackie how "work" Byrne. Howard had been my editor for a while, and the new guy was doubtless expecting all kinds of dark tales. Howard's answer was simple: "Don't lie to him."

Sad that such a thing would even need to be said.

Back to Top profile | search

Joe Smith
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 23 June 2017 at 9:48am | IP Logged | 3  

The majestic splash page poses of WW alone,surveying the scenes, make this very worth my while.
I especially am fond of the white romper she wears while cleaning up Themyscira. That's my favorite splash in the book.
The colors are great, too, as that big Robot really looked to have a rusty patina!!
This book will stay on my reading shelf until dogeared!
Bring on Vol 2!!
Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

John Byrne
Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 23 June 2017 at 1:01pm | IP Logged | 4  

The colors are great……

••

Enough praises cannot be sung of Trish Mulvihill!

But here's my favorite story, from the first time we met. Having been vexed many a time at Marvel with colorists who think cities are all pink and blue, I said to Trish that so many seemed to miss that, except for splashes of color, the world is basically beige. "Well, of course!" she said.

Back to Top profile | search

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

<< Prev Page of 4
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version