Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
TV
Byrne Robotics > TV << Prev Page of 8
Topic: BETTER CALL SAUL, season 3 (Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 22 June 2017 at 11:42pm | IP Logged | 1  

Pretty much all the cast/crew interviews have said that Chuck is dead without actually saying that Chuck is dead, and that flashbacks are pretty much a certainty to keep McKean involved with the show.
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Rob Ocelot
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 24 June 2017 at 11:36am | IP Logged | 2  

There's a hilarious bit in the latest BCS INSIDER Podcast, where Odenkirk speculates that Saul and Kim are married with kids, and so he has to change clothes (from garish suits to conservative "dad" clothes) in the car everyday on the way home to Santa Fe. Sleazeball at work, happy, loving husband and father at home.

Yikes, if that's true then it makes Saul's transformation into Gene even more heartbreaking.   I wonder who Cinnabon Gene lists as his next of kin in case of a medical emergency? 

(or should I say, 'next of Kim' :-)

edit: 'Saul by day and Jimmy at night' sounds like just the kind of lifestyle compromise Jimmy and Kim would make too.

Edited by Rob Ocelot on 24 June 2017 at 11:38am

Rob Ocelot
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 24 June 2017 at 11:45am | IP Logged | 3  

Pretty much all the cast/crew interviews have said that Chuck is dead without actually saying that Chuck is dead, and that flashbacks are pretty much a certainty to keep McKean involved with the show.

Hence my "make of that what you will" comment.   

Only half joking here, but it would be erm... interesting... if Chuck became an in-head  "Harvey".   

(Nah... a little too much Dexter there)

Worth noting that we are now actually getting those flashbacks of Gus (pre-BB) that Vince was mooting were going to be in Season 5 of BB.

Edited by Rob Ocelot on 24 June 2017 at 11:46am

Vinny Valenti
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 24 June 2017 at 12:54pm | IP Logged | 4  

ME wrote:
There's a part of me that's annoyed to see that they reversed course on "becoming Saul" yet again, like they did with the Season 2 premiere, but it has me thinking that they've got an even better reason for him doing so in their pocket.

Somebody on another forum inadvertently made me realize that there's nothing for me to be annoyed about after all - Jimmy's reversal on Irene is not a reversal of becoming Saul - it's just providing parameters on what Saul WON'T do, just as the previous episode of making the deal for the "mug mealer" as a parameter of that he WILL. BB's Saul was never shown to be willfully taking advantage of innocent people, and his marks were only people that viewers would likely not feel bad about being taken advantage of, anyway. I never questioned why that was, but now there's an answer to that - he actually did that once before, but ended up feeling terrible about it.
Back to Top profile | search

Greg Kirkman
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 27 June 2017 at 9:32pm | IP Logged | 5  

The show has been officially renewed for season 4. And there was much rejoicing!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

<< Prev Page of 8
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version