Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum
Byrne Robotics > The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 5
Topic: Apparently, We’ve Become Super Sensitive To Everything (Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 19 March 2017 at 8:31am | IP Logged | 1  

Most jokes have a `victim`,how sad that we are becoming a world of humourless crybabies.I am of Scottish/Irish descent and appreciate a joke based on Scottish frugality or Irish stupidity!

••

Two Irishmen walk out of a bar.

It could happen!

While we're on the subject of the Irish, time to police the St. Paddy's Day parades a lot more closely. Anyone who is not actually of Irish descent should be banned from marching. Cultural appropriation!

Back to Top profile | search

Vinny Valenti
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 19 March 2017 at 10:02am | IP Logged | 2  

" They remind me of those 'Truth' anti-tobacco TV ads. They have a valid point, but they're such hard-core assholes in how they make that point, that they validate the position of anyone who opposes them."

---

Ha. I've said before that those 'Truth' ads made me want to light up a cigarette out of spite, and I've never put one to my lips in my entire life.

Steve De Young
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 19 March 2017 at 6:58pm | IP Logged | 3  

I find it interesting that this crowd is apparently now in the business of enforcing stereotypes.  Iron Fist is under fire for having a martial artist who isn't Asian.  And now there's a big flap about, believe it or not, the fact that a character in a video game with a butch haircut isn't a lesbian.

Joe S. Walker
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 20 March 2017 at 3:54am | IP Logged | 4  

I wish grown adults would stop talking about being "shamed".
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Christopher Frost
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 20 March 2017 at 8:55am | IP Logged | 5  

It's become ridiculous. During a recent online discussion about a man being hit by a car at an intersection, some people started freaking out and accusing us of "blaming the victim" when the point was brought up about looking both ways before stepping into a roadway. Whatever happened to personal responsibility for your safety? It's so stupid that it's almost beyond belief that people think that way.

Sergio Saavedra
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 24 March 2017 at 3:12am | IP Logged | 6  

I haven't read "Strange Fruit", but I was shocked when I read criticisms because white people shouldn't write against racism. And the criticism comes from some black people.

Neil Lindholm
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 24 March 2017 at 4:27am | IP Logged | 7  

This really is nothing new. The difference is that the Internet (invented primarily by old white males), has now given these people a method to spread their nonsense. When I was at University back in the early 90s, there was an internal election to send a delegate from the Student Council to some conference of useful idiots or something. This particularly odious member, who just happened to be Native Indian, wanted to go but lost the election. She immediately began screaming that this was racist since she lost. When she was told it wasn't racist, she informed them that only she was allowed to define racism. They capitulated and had another election, which she lost again. She lost because she was unbelievably irritating. She claimed that racism against natives was rampant because "people look at me". They looked at her because she was dressed like every progressive's wet dream, buttons and ribbons and Che shirts and such. This crap has been going on for a while but it is only recently that people are actually listening to them. 
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

<< Prev Page of 5
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version