Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum
Byrne Robotics > The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 444 Next >>
Topic: Acting Presidential Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 01 July 2017 at 8:23am | IP Logged | 1 post reply

I figured it out. Last night, it came to me how the whole god damned scenario is going to play out.

The Republican party is going to assassinate Donald Trump.

Not tomorrow... not next week. But at some point, critical legislation will be coming up, and Trump will have said something really stupid (talk about on-the-job experience...). 

Some group of Republicans will arrange an assassination. An explosion, a poisoning, a car wreck, maybe a sniper... something.

The results will be overwhelmingly in their favor:
1) President Pence
2) A great chance to blame the lunatics, the "violent" left, someone, to establish that the Republicans are the good guys in this undeclared war.
3) A legacy motivation, similar to 9/11 (not to compare the two events... just the effects.) "Donald J. Trump would have wanted this bill to pass / these people to be thrown out of the United States / this government law enforcement group to start working covertly against the citizens of the U.S."
4) A martyr to keep the Republicans re-elected.
5) The way to finally get Donald Trump to shut up and stop screwing the Republicans by his puerile and insensitive and insensible tweets and comments.
6) An occurrence that even Democrats won't be able to raise objection to - so the Republicans hope.

The issue will arise when the Republicans will think they are clever and will get away with it - until someone breaks faith to save their own Republican ass when an investigation begins.

I DO think that a number of high ranking Republican officials are that bloodthirsty and scheming. I DO think that a lot of people will see what happened, and taking it at face value, canonizing Saint Donald... 'scuse me, had to wipe a little vomit off my keyboard.

That's the horror that I see in the near future. And damn Donald Trump if his every tweet doesn't seem to make it easier to believe this...
Back to Top profile | search

Mark Waldman
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 01 July 2017 at 2:59pm | IP Logged | 2 post reply

Pence will have to take repeated showers because he thinks the moon might be a woman. 

Brian Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 04 July 2017 at 8:11am | IP Logged | 3 post reply

In the spirit of the thread and acting gubernatorial, Chris Christie is the greatest politician of our time 

Charles Valderrama
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 06 July 2017 at 9:56pm | IP Logged | 4 post reply

During his first full day of a 3-day trip to Europe for the G-20 Summit of the world’s large industrial economies, Trump blamed former Pres. Obama for failing to stop Russian interference, as well as the intelligence agencies themselves, and of course trashed the "fake news" US media... on foreign soil..!!!  *sigh*

-C!
Back to Top profile | search | www

Matt Reed
Byrne Robotics Security
Robotmod

Posted: 06 July 2017 at 11:56pm | IP Logged | 5 post reply

You do know that Poland shipped in people more "appreciative" of Trump for his speech today, right?  

"Many in the crowd, which Warsaw police estimated at 15,000, said they had come from distant cities and towns in buses organized by the country’s populist ruling Law and Justice party."

Brian Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 12 July 2017 at 7:55pm | IP Logged | 6 post reply

I know nothing will come of this any time soon, but I'm still glad it happened. 

Edited by Brian Miller on 12 July 2017 at 7:57pm

Charles Valderrama
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 26 July 2017 at 9:55am | IP Logged | 7 post reply

Trump isn't interested in being presidential. He has no respect for the office, our country, our allies or anyone not named Donald J. Trump. He doesn't have the ability to tailor his respect for the audience he is speaking to.... his Boy Scouts speech is the latest example.  Stephen Colbert didn't even have to provide that much commentary to make his point -

-C!

Matt Reed
Byrne Robotics Security
Robotmod

Posted: 26 July 2017 at 10:00am | IP Logged | 8 post reply

In totality.  In any capacity.  A single group of people is told that they aren't welcome.  Their service is of no use.  Their potential sacrifice is "less than" others.  

This is a morally repugnant decision made by a morally corrupt individual who literally has no empathy for anyone who is not himself.  I'm disgusted.

Charles Valderrama
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 26 July 2017 at 12:16pm | IP Logged | 9 post reply

Americans who step up to serve in our military deserve no prejudice.

How long can we stand this absurd presidency?

-C!

David Allen Perrin
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 26 July 2017 at 2:17pm | IP Logged | 10 post reply

So we are talking about transgendered persons no longer serving in the military.....and not about Russians involved with the Trump administration?

Looks like the plan worked.

I'm convinced that EVERY major policy decision from now until the investigation about Russian conspiracy (not collusion) ends will be made in part to distract from the investigation itself.

Trump told dirty jokes and stories to the Boy Scouts so we would spend a few days focusing on that.  

He announced kicking Trans folks out of the military so we can talk about that.

Next week (or tomorrow) there will be yet another outrageous thing. and the closer the investigations get to him personally....the more outrageous the announcement from Trump will be.  

The very day Mueller gets ready to announce his findings...with be the day we start a hot and heavy shooting war with....'somebody'.  

Canada, maybe.

Edited by David Allen Perrin on 26 July 2017 at 2:19pm

Brian Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 27 July 2017 at 5:41pm | IP Logged | 11 post reply

The town featured in this story is the town in which I work. It is also the town my wife grew up in. Indeed all of her immediate family still live there and it is exactly a mile from my office to their front door. And no, none of them are in this article.

Brian Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 27 July 2017 at 5:42pm | IP Logged | 12 post reply

How long before he kicks gays out, too?

<< Prev Page of 444 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version