Byrne Robotics Security
Robotmod

Posted: 10 June 2017 at 1:22am | IP Logged | 1 post reply

Preach.
Back to Top profile | search

Anthony J Lombardi
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 10 June 2017 at 3:13am | IP Logged | 2 post reply

As I've said before, I'll take incompetence over evil.  If you're on a bus with a driver who intends to go over a cliff, there's at least a chance the incompetent driver will accidentally shift into reverse when he means to go forward.  Assuming he can be prevented from doing anything truly disastrous (ie, accidentally starting a nuclear war) Trump is less a threat to the country's institutions than Pence.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~```
Yes but if evil has no intention of driving off that cliff. What is the likely hood that he'll intentionally do it it ? Incompetent oh the other hand could potentially drive off the cliff. Each and every time it gets behind the wheel.

Also let us not forget with Trump is capable of both evil and incompetence. With him we aren't just dealing with an either or situation.  

Edited by Anthony J Lombardi on 10 June 2017 at 3:17am

Kevin Hagerman
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 10 June 2017 at 8:56am | IP Logged | 3 post reply

"Trump is less a threat to the country's institutions"

--

Completely disagree.  President Trump, for a single example, has so many unfilled jobs in his administration and so little ability to take up that slack himself that the executive branch cannot do basic statecraft right now.  And being unable to function can definitely be worse than doing things that I might not (in this case almost certainly would not) happen to like.  Rick Perry is better at his job in a department he vowed to get rid of and that he did not know managed our nuclear arsenal than President Trump is at photo ops.  Donald Trump has to go.

Thom Price
Byrne Robotics Member
L’Homme Diabolique

Posted: 10 June 2017 at 9:02am | IP Logged | 4 post reply

I agree with Jason & Matt.  We have no good alternatives for the next year years, but so far the bumbling incompetence of Trump and his cronies have prevented too much from happening other than being internationally embarrassed.  The Bush administration, relatively competent, was catastrophic.  I'll take a few more years of scandals and nincompoopery over seeing what an efficient Republican administration could unleash on us.
Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

Anthony J Lombardi
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 10 June 2017 at 9:21am | IP Logged | 5 post reply

I'll take a few more years of scandals and nincompoopery over seeing what an efficient Republican administration could unleash on us.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If we could see the future and know for certain that's all that we would get. Perhaps I'd agree with you, but we can't do that. With Trump in office I think you have to expect worse case scenario. 

Eric Ladd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 10 June 2017 at 9:37am | IP Logged | 6 post reply

I'm a bit on the fence about impeaching the psycho peach. I think he is both evil with his motivations and incompetent with his ability to rule. However, he is a known quantity at this point and people are working very hard to fight him. The reaction to oppose him has taken some time to build momentum and it is important that good people continue to appose the worst president in the history of the US. I can see reasons to remove him out of fear for what he has done, will do next or what his ultimate goal might be, but I also see reasons to keep him there until 2018 to see if he causes the Republican party removal from majority. 2018 will truly indicate if the US is beyond the point of return.

Pence is evil for his beliefs and competent as a politician. I would be terrified to see what he could do with a working knowledge of US politics and a desire to enshrine his biblical understanding of Christianity into US policy. I can hardly keep a straight mind when examining the succession order of the presidency. You have to go pretty deep into the list before you can find someone with an ability to bring healing to the nation.

Thom Price
Byrne Robotics Member
L’Homme Diabolique

Posted: 10 June 2017 at 12:36pm | IP Logged | 7 post reply

If we could see the future and know for certain that's all that we would get.

I don't need to see the future to know what we'd get with Pence.

But this is all theoretical.  Trump is not going to be impeached any time in the foreseeable future.  The Republicans have control and there is no way enough Republicans in Congress are going to commit career suicide to impeach a President who is (inexplicably) popular with their base.   Even McCain, one of the few who will criticize Trump, would rather talk about Hillary's emails.

Maybe after 2018, if the Democrats have a spectacular turnout; but even then, I don't think there are enough Republican seats up for grabs to make a big difference.
Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

Anthony J Lombardi
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 10 June 2017 at 2:04pm | IP Logged | 8 post reply

I don't need to see the future to know what we'd get with Pence. 

But this is all theoretical.  Trump is not going to be impeached any time in the foreseeable future.  The Republicans have control and there is no way enough Republicans in Congress are going to commit career suicide to impeach a President who is (inexplicably) popular with their base
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We don't know what we would get with Pence. We have an idea of what he would want to do. How successful he would be at achieving those goals is another matter. It's not like the Democrats are just going to roll over for him. 

Republican's will turn on Trump just as soon as it suits their interests. Right now he just the fool. But if he should do anything that actually threatens their control. They'll turn on a dime to go against him. 

Peter Martin
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 10 June 2017 at 6:06pm | IP Logged | 9 post reply

Amongst the Comey headlines, it has perhaps gone under the radar that the Republicans passed a bill through the House on Thursday aimed at dismantling the Dodd-Frank act.

This would mean less regulatory oversight for banks, less protection for savers, fewer stress tests for banks, looser rules for mortgages. This didn't end so well last time.

Brian Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 10 June 2017 at 6:41pm | IP Logged | 10 post reply

Less regulation! More money for the rich!!

Peter Martin
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 12 June 2017 at 9:31am | IP Logged | 11 post reply

The Washington Post is reporting that the Attorney Generals for the District of Columbia and the state of Maryland are suing Trump for violating anti-corruption clauses in the Constitution, suggesting that by retaining his business interests he has failed to disentangle his private finances from those of foreign powers and thus has a conflict of interest when governing.

Charles Valderrama
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 12 June 2017 at 9:58am | IP Logged | 12 post reply

If a federal judge allows this case to proceed, one of the first steps will be to demand copies of Trump’s tax returns to gauge the extent of his foreign business dealings. D.C. Attorney General Karl A. Racine said he felt obligated to sue Trump in part because the Republican-controlled Congress has not taken the president’s apparent conflicts seriously.

The pressure continues to build....

-C!

Back to Top profile | search | www

<< Prev Page of 444 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version