Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum
Byrne Robotics > The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 444 Next >>
Topic: Acting Presidential Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 20 November 2016 at 12:08pm | IP Logged | 1 post reply

Trump is planning a 'Victory Tour' of rallies in the states that he won in the election.  

And there you have it folks. 

This is what matters to him. The constant stroke of his tender ego.  
I hope his fans are prepared to massage him for as long as he needs.  

Since Melania is planning to live at Trump Tower in NYC, it clearly won't be her job anymore. 

Edited by David Allen Perrin on 20 November 2016 at 12:11pm
Back to Top profile | search

Peter Martin
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 20 November 2016 at 2:36pm | IP Logged | 2 post reply

I think this illustrates the kind of scattershot grasp of reality that Trump has. The crowd booed Pence. Then the cast addressed Pence.

This somehow gets concatenated in Trump's mind to the cast harassing Pence. The 'cameras blazing' allows everyone to view the objective truth of the matter, but the objective truth seems to be of very little concern to Trump.

Matt Reed
Byrne Robotics Security
Robotmod

Posted: 20 November 2016 at 4:52pm | IP Logged | 3 post reply

If the above weren't enough, Trump took to Twitter last night after watching "parts of" SNL.  Seems he was once again none too happy with Alec Baldwin's portrayal of him:

ABFoundation is Alec Baldwin's Twitter handle. His full replies, which are several, are here. Trump demanding "equal time" would be hilarious if it weren't so frightening when coupled with his apology demands made Friday night.

Brian Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 20 November 2016 at 5:15pm | IP Logged | 4 post reply

Looks like Trump's new DC hotel that's across the street from the White House is the new choice for foreign diplomats. 

Andrew W. Farago
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 20 November 2016 at 8:53pm | IP Logged | 5 post reply

For the sake of America and the free world, someone's got to step in and take away Trump's Twitter account.  President Obama uses social media for basic PR announcements, reassuring the world during or after a crisis, family photos, acknowledgment of holidays...very basic stuff.  

Obama's been on the receiving end of some absolutely disgraceful attacks and insults over the past eight years, and he's handled all of them with tact and dignity.  No Twitter feuds with any reporters at Fox News, any right wing radio hosts, any newspaper reporters who've questioned his policy, any actors who've portrayed him on television...we're facing a complete 180 in terms of Presidential temperament. 
Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

Kevin Brown
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 20 November 2016 at 10:00pm | IP Logged | 6 post reply

So Pence got booed at a theater by audience members and was asked to be human by an actor....   Not the worst thing to happen to a member of the executive branch at a theater.

Mark McKay
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 20 November 2016 at 10:04pm | IP Logged | 7 post reply

I thought Pence handled the subject really well on CBS this morning. Unlike Trump.
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Josh Goldberg
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 20 November 2016 at 11:23pm | IP Logged | 8 post reply

"Pence was a paying member of the audience, and I feel the cast was unprofessional in putting him on the spot like that."

"Congress shall make no law...prohibiting...the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

The Hamilton cast weren't even required to be respectful and thoughtful in doing so.  But they were, anyway.

James Woodcock
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 21 November 2016 at 2:09am | IP Logged | 9 post reply

This just in:

Trump, sorry, President Trump, following the out break of World War III, Tweeted 'They were being very unfair and one sided to me, so I had to do something. This could have all been avoided if they would only apologise to me.'
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Eric Ladd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 21 November 2016 at 8:40am | IP Logged | 10 post reply

"Pence was a paying member of the audience, and I feel the cast was unprofessional in putting him on the spot like that."

Simply paying admission to a public event does not strip one of their professional and public station or status. It would have been unprofessional for the cast to ignore Pence as the VP Elect and treat him as "just another audience member" especially in light of the nature and subject of their performance.

Michael Casselman
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 21 November 2016 at 9:30am | IP Logged | 11 post reply

The statement read by the castmember of 'Hamilton' itself was nowhere near as disrespectful as it's being made out to be. I'm not familiar with the workings of the show or if other VIPs are addressed in the audience or not... according to an interview with that same castmember this morning on CBS This Morning, it was mentioned that normally VIPs are invited to the back to meet the cast (where they certainly could have had an actual discussion about their concerns), but he wasn't sure if that invite was afforded to the VP-Elect. I'd be curious to know if he had been invited, if an invitation was declined, or if they even wanted any type of conversation with him.

If anyone might have been considered 'rude', I'd say it was the members of the audience that booed Pence. He wasn't a heckler, he wasn't part of the show, but simply attending just as much as any other member of the audience. I can't imagine, having paid as much as tickets to "Hamilton' cost, and waiting however long they had to wait to see the show, that his presence would have been so detrimental to their viewing experience. For all the talk of the stage and theatre being a 'safe space' to enjoy the experience, no one, public figure or not should have to endure that from other members of the audience.

Tim O Neill
Byrne Robotics Security

Posted: 21 November 2016 at 9:46am | IP Logged | 12 post reply

Trump is reverting to his comfort zone - criticizing entertainment personalities.  It's all he really understands.  While he should be focusing on establishing a balanced cabinet and staff, he is instead demonizing pop culture that is daring to take a point of view.

<< Prev Page of 444 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version