Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum
Byrne Robotics > The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 444 Next >>
Topic: Acting Presidential Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 23 September 2017 at 2:17pm | IP Logged | 1 post reply

To think a third of the country considers belligerent, crass know-nothing like Trump an improvement on Obama. "At least the world doesn't respect us again!"
Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

Joe Zhang
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 23 September 2017 at 9:26pm | IP Logged | 2 post reply

Culture wars infecting everything ... football, comic books. There's no escape. Which was bad enough before Trump. With the way he fans the flames, I wouldn't be surprised if urban riots break out over literally nothing. 

Edited by Joe Zhang on 23 September 2017 at 9:30pm
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Brian O'Neill
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 23 September 2017 at 10:49pm | IP Logged | 3 post reply

Political discourse in America has been a flaming dog turd ever since Bush vs. Gore.
Back to Top profile | search

David Allen Perrin
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 24 September 2017 at 5:32am | IP Logged | 4 post reply

"Urban" riots never start over 'nothing'.   There is always something pretty damn horrible behind the unrest.

Now when the local hockey team wins...or the local college football team loses....and their fans riot.....THAT is rioting over nothing.

Andy Mokler
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 24 September 2017 at 10:55am | IP Logged | 5 post reply

The real joy with sports getting dragged into politics is watching sportscasters and sports stations dramatize and stumble through the importance of it all.
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Brian Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 24 September 2017 at 11:51am | IP Logged | 6 post reply

Mnuchin seems to think First Amendment rights only apply on our own time and not at work. 

Michael Sommerville
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 24 September 2017 at 2:13pm | IP Logged | 7 post reply

Like him or hate him, he owns the narrative the majority of the time.
He has co-opted the taking a knee during the anthem and it is now a Trump protest. He wins again. He lives by the adage, no press is bad press. He opens the door and everyone walks through into Trump's World.
One day people will understand that his ego is boosted by the hysterical outrage and the blind loyalty. He is like the kid that says, look at me, look at me. You acknowledge and he keeps doing it, you ignore and he sulks in a corner.
I honestly think he is emboldened by the anti-Trump protests more than he is by supporters. He feeds on the hysteria. They are the Victor Frankenstien who are now going mad chasing the monster they gave life too. 

Robbie Parry
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 24 September 2017 at 2:18pm | IP Logged | 8 post reply

I loathe him. Not a trait that comes naturally to me. 

If he has done something illegal/broken rules (I don't want anyone, even him, imprisoned for something they haven't done), then I hope he gets impeached. Kicked out. And jailed. 

Michael Casselman
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 24 September 2017 at 3:10pm | IP Logged | 9 post reply

Mnuchin seems to think First Amendment rights only apply on our own time and not at work.
Regardless your feelings of the current (or past) administration(s), the comments I saw him make were very much true. Goes back to the 'freedom of speech'/'freedom of consequence' concept. Where the government may not be able to restrict your ability to protest, your employer may feel otherwise if you're doing it on their time, wearing their uniform or doing so while under the presumption of representing that company.

Michael Sommerville
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 24 September 2017 at 3:24pm | IP Logged | 10 post reply

I do not honestly understand the bitterness and venom towards him. He is a carnival barker and a sideshow. People are outraged because of all he has done but then in the same sentence will say he is ineffectual and does nothing.
People have given this man too much power over their emotional lives. People need to come out of their "safe spaces" call him an idiot and move on. Instead they label him the anti-christ. While these people blow a blood vessel in their brain, Trump, his loyal legion, mild supporters and many more just laugh.

Steve De Young
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 24 September 2017 at 4:04pm | IP Logged | 11 post reply

Now when the local hockey team wins...or the local college football team loses....and their fans riot.....THAT is rioting over nothing.
---------------------------------------------
We used to joke, growing up in SoCal, that if you saw a turned over police car, it meant the Lakers won.  Or lost.  Hard to tell.

Charles Valderrama
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 24 September 2017 at 4:05pm | IP Logged | 12 post reply

It's way past time that Trump & his loyal legion are put in their place.

"Where the government may not be able to restrict your ability to protest, your employer may feel otherwise if you're doing it on their time, wearing their uniform or doing so while under the presumption of representing that company."

So, doesn't our government, including Trump, work for us?? In terms of representing... has Trump been anymore (or less) disruptive as these NFL players?? IS IT EVEN CLEAR Trump is what's most harmful to this country these days??(He even tweeted once that "burning a flag is a peaceful and respectful way for the citizens of this great country to voice their displeasure.")

What're we waiting for him to do... and how many innocent people will be harmed for it while we trade words?

Seriously, our government is pathetic.

-C!

Edited by Charles Valderrama on 24 September 2017 at 4:13pm
Back to Top profile | search | www

<< Prev Page of 444 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version