Sadly, this is about much more than racists and bigots. The vast majority of
people who voted and supported him appear to be doing so, either actively in
their defense of his undependable statements and actions or through
becoming suddenly silent.
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Anthony J Lombardi
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 04 August 2017 at 7:34am | IP Logged | 2 post reply

If Trump does get impeached. I hope the evidence is so undeniable that it will be enough to convince enough of his less mentally challenged supports. I don't expect Trump to go quietly. Which could cause many of his supporters coming to his defense. That wont end well for anyone.
Back to Top profile | search

Fred J Chamberlain
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 04 August 2017 at 7:37am | IP Logged | 3 post reply

Of course he won't go quietly. His ego and neurosis won't allow for it. I have
yet to read or hear of a single statement of ownership for a failing or any type
of compromise or concession from him..... in the 30+ years that I've been
aware of him.
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Eric Ladd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 04 August 2017 at 7:52am | IP Logged | 4 post reply

"Trump got elected for two reasons"

He had some help from a foreign nation, but the extent of that help is unknown to the majority. The fear that drove the idiot/bigot constituency throughout the Obama Presidency fought back even if it was misguided. I endured years of friends and family telling me their guns, choice for health, retirement, etc. would all be destroyed by Obama's Presidency. Ignorance, plain and simple, will be what destroys the country. Much of what ails America today stems directly from ignorance and stupidity. Now how does everyone feel about Betsy DeVos?

Robbie Parry
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 04 August 2017 at 7:58am | IP Logged | 5 post reply

No one is untouchable Robbie. 

People like him seem to be.

Take the worldwide banking crash, some of it involving illegal behaviour. I'll accept it if someone shows me proof, but was one banker jailed? Just one (not for incompetence, which sadly isn't illegal, but for something that broke a law).

It's the same anywhere. Over here, MPs fiddled their expenses (2009) and they got away with it. Financial crooks, working within the banking sector, fiddled this and that. No prosecutions. No jail sentences.

I don't mean to be cynical, but it seems the way of the world. A woman was jailed in my town for stealing perfume and groceries. Which is bad, of course, but, hey, crash a financial system, commit financial crime and do all sorts of politically illegal stuff - and you'll get off scot-free.

Anthony J Lombardi
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 04 August 2017 at 8:13am | IP Logged | 6 post reply

People like him seem to be.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The one thing Americans love to do more than building something up is tearing it down. Trump make think nothing will stick to him. But he isn't the first Don to think he was made of Teflon.

Robbie Parry
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 04 August 2017 at 8:52am | IP Logged | 7 post reply

I hope you're right. It says a lot when a fictional president (Lex Luthor), who did put his interests into a blind trust, has more moral integrity than Trump.

Edited by Robbie Parry on 04 August 2017 at 8:54am

Eric Doyle
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 04 August 2017 at 9:03am | IP Logged | 8 post reply

Idiots and bigots who swallowed his pack of lies and the electoral college
------------------------------------------
Wait, Hillary was a terrible candidate, just awful choice and that played a huge part in his win.  DNC leaked emails, we can argue the source, but the validity of the content is not in dispute, this did not help Hillary either.  If Democrats don't start fixing their message, future elections will not go well for them either.  Positive jobs report, stock market breaking records, news of manufacturing plants being built will go a long way at the end of the day. 

Leigh DJ Hunt
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 04 August 2017 at 9:07am | IP Logged | 9 post reply

I was quite surprised to see Jim Justice governor for West Virginia switched from Dem to Rep. That sort of thing happens a little bit over here but I didn't realise it happened in the US. How is that sort of thing viewed over there?

As for the Grand Jury, I'm hesitantly optimistic. Grand Juries rarely happen when there isn't a strong confidence that it will succeed and lead to a trial so I guess Mueller has some good evidence of wrong doing.

David Allen Perrin
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 04 August 2017 at 9:58am | IP Logged | 10 post reply

Jim Justice is a coal baron who was never a true Democrat.  

Upon closer inspection you will find out that he had once sold his coal business to....wait for it....

A RUSSIAN COMPANY!

He bought it back from them in 2009. 

Are there any GOP elected officials who DON'T have Russian ties?

Robbie Parry
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 04 August 2017 at 2:16pm | IP Logged | 11 post reply

When they update the following list, the current president (I cannot bear to even type his name now) should be on the list:

Anthony J Lombardi
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 04 August 2017 at 2:25pm | IP Logged | 12 post reply

Wait, Hillary was a terrible candidate, just awful choice and that played a huge part in his win.  DNC leaked emails, we can argue the source, but the validity of the content is not in dispute, this did not help Hillary either.  If Democrats don't start fixing their message, future elections will not go well for them either.  Positive jobs report, stock market breaking records, news of manufacturing plants being built will go a long way at the end of the day.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hillary wasn't a terrible candidate that just not true. Most of America voted for her. She wasn't my first choice but she certainly qualified. And she sure as hell was a better choice than Trump.   I agree that the DNC needs to fix it's message I also think that some new blood needs to step up. There is talk again about Bernie running in 2020. That's just ridiculous, Bernie is too old he'd be pushing 80 come election time. 

I'd go with Congressman Joe Kennedy iii, Senator Kamala Harris or Senator Elizabeth Warren at this point.

Edited by Anthony J Lombardi on 04 August 2017 at 2:27pm

<< Prev Page of 444 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version