Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum
Byrne Robotics > The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 444 Next >>
Topic: Acting Presidential Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 12 June 2017 at 11:23am | IP Logged | 1 post reply

This is an indication of how Mueller's special council will conduct business.

Mueller Taps Michael Drebben
Back to Top profile | search

James Woodcock
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 12 June 2017 at 10:18pm | IP Logged | 2 post reply

So Ivanka's been complaining about how her dad has been treated. Does she not realise he set the tone during his electoral race?

Somehow the phrase 'pot calling the kettle black' just does not describe the magnitude of this occasion.
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Eric Sofer
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 June 2017 at 3:57am | IP Logged | 3 post reply

Ivanka Trump does not realize that homeless people do not actually choose that lifestyle, and that people are not free to pursue their dreams, regardless of their life circumstances.

Trump seems to have a gift* to push others into opposing him, acting against him, and taking action to that end. He hasn't had many consequences of that, it would seem, because he's been a Teflon Donald. I guess he thinks that the office of POTUS protects him even further... but that also pulled him a lot further onto the public stage, into the public spotlight. There's your goddamn on-the-job training, Ryan...

*I hope he kept the receipt.

Peter Martin
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 June 2017 at 5:27am | IP Logged | 4 post reply

I also like when Eric Trump said he had 'never seen hatred like this' and that morals had flown out the window. Perhaps he should have taken a look at some of the vile mud that was dredged up by Trump in his supporters when, as part of his campaigning, he tweeted a picture of Hillary with a caption in a six-pointed star. Now those responses were a level so low I didn't think I'd ever see them openly expressed by people in this day and age.

Here's an open letter from journalist Dana Schwartz to her boss Jared Kushner which samples some of the sickening anti-semitism thrown her way from Trump supporters: LINK  

Charles Valderrama
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 June 2017 at 7:30am | IP Logged | 5 post reply

AG Jeff Sessions is scheduled to testify before the Senate Intelligence Committee about the investigation into Russia’s interference in the 2016 election. Meanwhile, Trump is on a Twitter frenzy earlier this morning...

Trump: “A.G. Lynch made law enforcement decisions for political purposes, Gave Hillary Clinton a free pass and protection. Totally illegal!"

Trump: “The Fake News Media has never been so wrong or so dirty. Purposely incorrect stories and phony sources to meet their agenda of hate. Sad!"

Trump: “Fake News is at an all time high. Where is their apology to me for all of the incorrect stories???”

Seriously, how BIG will the celebration be when this whacko's out of the White House????

-C!
Back to Top profile | search | www

Kevin Brown
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 June 2017 at 7:38am | IP Logged | 6 post reply

IF the "Russian interference" is proven, all members of the administration should go and not just Trump.  They're all involved or they all benefited from it.  NO one should be allowed to remain once it's proven.  Period.

Eric Ladd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 June 2017 at 7:43am | IP Logged | 7 post reply

I completely agree, Kevin Brown, but what is the likelihood of that happening?

Charles Valderrama
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 June 2017 at 1:37pm | IP Logged | 8 post reply

Re: AG Sessions testimony 

After he denied having a meeting with Kislyak at the Mayflower Hotel in his opening testimony, Sessions now says it's possible he met with the Russian ambassador, but just doesn't remember.

How can someone with such a faulty & incomplete memory serve as the United States' AG??

-C!

Peter Martin
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 June 2017 at 4:55pm | IP Logged | 9 post reply

I'm willing to cut Sessions some slack here. The man is clearly still sharp mentally. His initial answer was saying "I didn't meet him". His subsequent clarification/expansion doesn't materially alter this testimony. He certainly did not privately meet the man, but it's possible in the context of a reception at which both men were present, that they might have met in passing. If they did, he doesn't recall it. Who goes to a reception and then the next year can definitively say whether they did or did not shake a stranger's hand? Unless there's something memorable to make you remember it, it's entirely possible to have such things drop from your mind. Sessions is saying he doesn't think he met the man, but is covering himself in case someone comes up with a photo of them shaking hands and then tries to say "Ha! Ha! Liar, this is now proof of collusion!"

What I took away from the (rather boring) testimony was:

He appeared to largely corroborate the most important thing Comey said. If there was any doubt before, we can now be certain that Trump did indeed order everyone out of the Oval Office in order to talk one-on-one with Comey and that Comey subsequently conveyed his discomfort with this development to Sessions.

That although Sessions has been able to cook up an ostensibly plausible pretext for firing Comey that isn't to do with Russia, it isn't really convincing, given the timing of the firing and Trump's fairly explicit comments on the subject on more than occasion (i.e. admits it was all about the Russians on TV and then tells the Russian ambassador to cool it, because they've tinned the 'nut-job').

Finally -- though Trump's claims that this is nothing more than a witchhunt ring hollow so far -- Senator McCain's kind of creepy turn made me concerned that this could spin out of control into something genuinely akin to a witchhunt. Maybe witchhunt is not the right term, but the way that Sessions sort of enthusiastically supported McCain's coldwar-esque stance seemed to stem from a correlation with his need to stress his own innocence. This could be used to over-ride common sense in the future: any situation where people agree with a certain line of thinking for fear of looking guilty isn't healthy.

Edited by Peter Martin on 13 June 2017 at 4:56pm

Michael Roberts
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 June 2017 at 5:15pm | IP Logged | 10 post reply

That although Sessions has been able to cook up an ostensibly
plausible pretext for firing Comey that isn't to do with Russia, it isn't
really convincing, given the timing of the firing and Trump's fairly explicit
comments on the subject on more than occasion (i.e. admits it was all
about the Russians on TV and then tells the Russian ambassador to
cool it, because they've tinned the 'nut-job').

-----

In addition to Sessions' admission that he never discussed Comey's job
performance with him prior to his firing.

Eric Ladd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 June 2017 at 8:10am | IP Logged | 11 post reply

For me one of the most striking admissions was that while the intelligence community acknowledges Russian interference with the US Presidential election and process, nobody at the WH bothered to ask Comey about the what, where, why's of the interference. This was corroborated by Sessions who stated he never discussed it with anyone or at least doesn't remember. How the hell does the top official in charge of maintaining the law of the land show zero concern for the disruption of said country's free election process? Even if you are a staunch supporter of the psycho circus peanut, disregarding a direct attack on the process of your own democratic elections shows a horrible sense of patriotism.

Charles Valderrama
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 June 2017 at 8:31am | IP Logged | 12 post reply

Even if you are a staunch supporter of the psycho circus peanut, disregarding a direct attack on the process of your own democratic elections shows a horrible sense of patriotism.

Great point, but the Dems and mainstream media seem to be unable to keep that point in the forefront of their arguments.

-C!

<< Prev Page of 444 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version