Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum
Byrne Robotics > The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 444 Next >>
Topic: Acting Presidential Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 28 February 2017 at 8:05pm | IP Logged | 1 post reply

I have to say I agree with Michael here -- Conway having her feet on the furniture isn't a big deal.

You can find photos very easily of Nancy Reagan, Gerald Ford, Jimmy Carter, George W Bush and others doing the same.

If we start to view everything through a partisan filter we run the risk of giving truth to Trump's fake news complaints.

As Michael points out, there are genuine and worrying issues with Trump and his administration that deserve full scrutiny. This isn't close to being one of them.

Edited by Peter Martin on 28 February 2017 at 8:07pm
Back to Top profile | search

Anthony J Lombardi
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 28 February 2017 at 8:19pm | IP Logged | 2 post reply

If we start to view everything through a partisan filter we run the risk of giving truth to Trump's fake news complaints.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My objections have nothing to do with party affiliation. It has to do with having respect for where you're at. She's at the White House not the comfort of her home.  When it comes to Obama having his feet up. It's like Richard said he's was the President of the United States of America. I wish he didn't do it either. But I suppose if anyone can argue they have a right to do it. Than it's the President. 

Does it bother me less that Obama is doing it? Yeah it does bother me a little less. But that's because of the way He was as President as compared to what Trump has said and done so far.  But my liking it less doesn't mean I don't think Obama should have done it either.

Anthony J Lombardi
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 28 February 2017 at 8:25pm | IP Logged | 3 post reply

So far this speech has been a huge waste of time. It's the same old bullshit he has said before. 

David Allen Perrin
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 28 February 2017 at 8:59pm | IP Logged | 4 post reply

Putting feet up on the Resolute Desk is something many Presidents have done.  Google is your friend here.  THAT is no big deal.

Presidents long before Obama did it...but he is the first black guy to do it so...y'know...OUTRAGE!

Edited by David Allen Perrin on 28 February 2017 at 9:00pm

Kevin Brown
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 28 February 2017 at 9:01pm | IP Logged | 5 post reply

Anthony I'm SHOCKED!!!!!  

(not)

Anthony J Lombardi
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 28 February 2017 at 9:51pm | IP Logged | 6 post reply

Putting feet up on the Resolute Desk is something many Presidents have done.  Google is your friend here.  THAT is no big deal.

Presidents long before Obama did it...but he is the first black guy to do it so...y'know...OUTRAGE!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`
 I don't really care who it is. Trump, Obama, Washington or my personal favorite Franklin Delano Roosevelt. I don't think anyone of them should be doing that. So it is a big deal to me. 

But like I said before if anyone arguably has the right it's the President. It isn't Kellyanne Conway.

Brian O'Neill
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 01 March 2017 at 3:37am | IP Logged | 7 post reply

The "feet on the furniture" story smells(no pun intended) like someone was getting antsy that Conway hadn't been in the news (and thus, hadn't pissed off anyone or made a fool of herself) in over a week...and this was the best someone could come up with to get her back 'in the conversation again'.
For once, I buy Trump's explanation that she was positioning to take a photo. People have climbed onto furniture in odd positions for a few seconds to do that(or hang a picture or something). Usually, people take their shoes off first, but then, that would have opened up a whole other wave of criticism...or even stranger reactions.The stupidest thing about the story was that somebody actually  took a picture of another person 'photographing a photo op'...rather than whatever the actual subject of the photo op was.

Edited by Brian O'Neill on 01 March 2017 at 3:38am

Kevin Brown
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 01 March 2017 at 9:10am | IP Logged | 8 post reply

I don't give a crap about what Conway is doing.  Seriously.  She's a minor player in the grand scheme of things.  Any talk of her and whatever stories come out about her is nothing but distraction and it diverts people's attention to what's really happening.

Charles Valderrama
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 01 March 2017 at 9:32am | IP Logged | 9 post reply

I agree, Kevin. Seems very easy to sway the people's attention these days. Trump signing that bill turns my stomach.

Obviously, he's once more paying back his big supporters at the expense of the general public.

-C
Back to Top profile | search | www

Brian Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 01 March 2017 at 4:20pm | IP Logged | 10 post reply

And mental illness is the first thing the pro-gun people yell when someone goes on a rampage. Now they've made it easier for someone who is mentally unstable to get a gun. Now what are they gonna blame the next time a Sandy Hook happens?

Wallace Sellars
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 01 March 2017 at 4:50pm | IP Logged | 11 post reply

Pretty cool that she's at the White House.

Yes. It was a nice surprise.

Charles Valderrama
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 01 March 2017 at 9:54pm | IP Logged | 12 post reply

Breaking news tonight is that the Attorney General of the United States Jeff Sessions spoke twice last year with Russia's ambassador, encounters he did not disclose when asked during his confirmation hearing... under oath.

When will Russia get fed up with this type of incompetence and just cut their losses? They're dealing with idiots!

-C!

<< Prev Page of 444 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version