Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum
Byrne Robotics > The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 444 Next >>
Topic: Acting Presidential Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 07 August 2020 at 5:36pm | IP Logged | 1 post reply

Yes, I was describing the caricature of Susan Rice that will appear in commercials if Biden chooses her, not my own opinion.  I most definitely agree that the Benghazi "controversy" was a giant pile of nothing, a cynical attempt by Republicans to exploit a tragedy for their own political gain.  But for whatever reason (probably partly due to people's natural dislike and mistrust of Hillary Clinton) it seemed to have traction and they will most definitely resurrect it to attack Rice.
Back to Top profile | search

Joe Zhang
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 07 August 2020 at 7:05pm | IP Logged | 2 post reply

She supported the invasion of Iraq (from outside the White House). She backed military intervention in Libya and Syria. She's a Democrat, but has a lot in common with the John Bolton crowd. 

But she's Black and a woman. We don't have to look at anything else because, you know, we're not racist or sexist or anything. 

Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Rebecca Jansen
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 07 August 2020 at 7:57pm | IP Logged | 3 post reply

It's hard to hold against someone having been on board with the pre-emptive war with Iraq when what happened was they were lied to about the imminent threat of WMDs there, and lied to by people also lied to about it like Colin Powell. If they saw through things more critically (Obama, and then Canadian PM Jean Chretien also perhaps) and weren't on board all props, but having been fooled... not necessarily their fault. Bush Jr's infamous speech about if we wait for a smoking gun it might be a nuclear cloud was at the time pushing all sort of people worldwide into a corner to back the decision.

Props for Trump? He reluctantly said "Yeah, I guess so." on invading Iraq.

https://www.factcheck.org/2016/02/donald-trump-and-the-iraq- war/

Of course he claimed much more than that later running for office; like nobody was a more outspoken critic and evil deep state conspiracy powers tried to intimidate him into silence. Going by that kind of half-truth embellishment standard, let's demand a birth certificate inquiry on him because it's an absolute Rush Limbaugh worthy fact that Donald J. Trump was born in Jamaica! :^)
Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

Eric Sofer
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 08 August 2020 at 11:12am | IP Logged | 4 post reply

Ah, President Murder. Never made a definite comment, and those he did were so easy to walk back on that he might as well have said nothing (at least a tiny little thing for his citizenry.)

I learned really fast to trust nothing that he said, because it would soon be distorted, lied about, or thrown on someone else as they went under the bus.

Kevin Brown
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 August 2020 at 7:15pm | IP Logged | 5 post reply

That nuclear bomb you just heard going off?

Micheal Cohen's book:  LINK

David Allen Perrin
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 August 2020 at 7:44am | IP Logged | 6 post reply

Yeah...the late night comedians will have a ball with it.
The American electorate?   The term “in one ear and out the other” comes to mind.  

The truth has been kicking America in the nuts for 4 years.  And all we seem to do is ask for more.  With every day that passes and he is in office...with people who will willingly and gladly LIE to the public on his behalf...and elected officials who will sell their children down the river to make use of the “power” being allied with Trump seems to give them pretty much sinks my confidence in what this country says (pretends) it stands for.  There SHOULD be MASS protests from Democrats, Republicans, independents and anyone else with a pulse in front of the WH demanding his removal.  Instead you take a look at the electoral map...and shiver.

Canada now knows what its like to live over a meth lab.

Edited by David Allen Perrin on 14 August 2020 at 7:45am

Neil Lindholm
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 August 2020 at 8:36am | IP Logged | 7 post reply

The deadline to reopen the border between Canada and the US is up soon. I imagine they will extend the deadline once again. 

David Allen Perrin
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 August 2020 at 9:29am | IP Logged | 8 post reply

Neil, I live in downtown Detroit.  I have a fantastic view of the Detroit River and Windsor, Ontario.  Canada is literally a half mile from my living room window.  

It gets more and more beautiful each day.  

Marc Baptiste
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 August 2020 at 10:27am | IP Logged | 9 post reply

I thought Trump's (mis)handling of the Coronavirus pandemic was the straw that broke the camel's back for me - the one thing, out of many, that I could just never, ever forgive him for.  Now comes this VILLAINY with the postal service.  Give the man credit, he NEVER fails to impress!

Marc

Edited by Marc Baptiste on 14 August 2020 at 10:28am

David Allen Perrin
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 August 2020 at 10:31am | IP Logged | 10 post reply

Apparently Despot Don’s younger brother, Robert has been hospitalized and is considered “very ill”.

If it is COVID...we may never know.

Peter Hicks
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 August 2020 at 11:48am | IP Logged | 11 post reply

US/Canada border closure has been extended to Sept 21.

Positivity rate for COVID testing in Texas last week was 24%, but the number of tests conducted last week was 45% less than a month ago. ie., the number of new cases is going down, because Texas is testing less. Idiots.

Neil Lindholm
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 August 2020 at 4:17pm | IP Logged | 12 post reply

QUOTE:
Neil, I live in downtown Detroit.  I have a fantastic view of the Detroit River and Windsor, Ontario.  Canada is literally a half mile from my living room window. It gets more and more beautiful each day.  

And my friend who has a few houses in Windsor says its a pretty awful place. 

Hope everything gets back to normal. Here in China, it has almost got back to normal. Not many masks are seen and other than getting your temperature checked in a few shops, everything is the way it was before this all started. I am in Shanghai though and can't say what it's like in other places. Just waiting for the borders to open. 

<< Prev Page of 444 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version