Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum
Byrne Robotics > The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 444 Next >>
Topic: Acting Presidential Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 02 June 2020 at 9:10am | IP Logged | 1 post reply

In regards to the Insurrection Act, I read The Posse Comitatus Act outlaws the willful use of any part of the Army or Air Force to execute the law unless expressly authorized by the Constitution or an act of Congress.... LINK

Still, hundreds of civilians begging for black peoples' right to live are arrested (swiftly) instead of four cops.

This is America.

-C!

Back to Top profile | search | www

Rebecca Jansen
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 02 June 2020 at 10:55am | IP Logged | 2 post reply

George Will writes: "Voters chose what they wagered would be the lesser blight."

No, voters were provisional balloted, put through hours long waits in 'certain' districts, and false poll change phone-called out of their choice. ID requirements deliberately targeting the poor and students. A vote in California weighed far less than a vote in South Dakota,or Wyoming. Almost every supermarket checkout displayed a National Enquirer with a doctored photo of Hillary at appearing to be at death's door health-wise. And then there was an honest to goodness Russian disinformation blitz conducted in your country on an unprecedented scale using very sophisticated data algorithm targeting. But let's not forget also the multiple media outlets in a single market owned by a single entity with once not allowed broadcasting half-information political 'commentary' shows manufacturing outrage once barred by an FCC with teeth. But I'm just splitting hairs, can't argue with the hard numbers of an electoral college. The scenes on the streets of the U.S. told a massively more complex and different story than lazy people simply not voting or Trump having legitimately won. Florida and Bush v. Gore was the lesson in the wrong direction and having gotten away with that they crossed the line further. Then again perhaps they learned from Kennedy v. Nixon in 1960, or something in the 1800s...

On the other paw, do you want to be the same kind of echo chamber whipping each other into outraged name-calling frenzies pointing over there but what about that, with long ignore lists of anyone not in lockstep... or do you want to be smart and find a way to not play the reaction game that those crooks count on to whip up their motivated fanatics in the usual divide and conquer us vs. them power game? They want you to go further out so they can go further out, each side justifying every step of the way by look over there and what about this or that outrage. If someone kicked a puppy somewhere when nobody was looking, or rogered a nun after praying in public, is that what we build a civilization in response to or what you need to find the strength to work around to actually do real work?

Maybe it's inevitable until something real changes, maybe there's no other way, but I'd rather skip a.s.a.p. to the smart people cleaning up, rebuilding and restoring bit and going back to ignoring the whining orange spray-painted fraud, like I used to do when he was just some clown on tv. It's so easy to fall into the outrage reaction shtick, but over three years of this I wonder how long does it take to write a better script? Whatever Trump says or does is still gobbled up and endlessly rebroadcast for the masses, at least those who haven't learned to tune out joke president and his various puppet performers (and behind him is a laughing Putin with a pee pee tape or something probably).

How do we get smart to actually get to where people and their livelihoods can recover from all this swirling crap? Not by playing the same old games with Trump always getting the last chair when the music stops. I think an oversight panel on police conduct with regulatory teeth, boring as that might be, and not fitting on a hat or sign, is a serious proposal. I saw a newspaper from the year I was born over fifty tears ago and one of the headlines was about an RCMP misconduct inquiry, so I do understand how easily these things can fade out, not really fixing a problem for long, but the alternative is just more look over there, what about that outrage... attack attack attack... destroy destroy destroy!
Back to Top profile | search | www

Shaun Barry
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 02 June 2020 at 4:43pm | IP Logged | 3 post reply

The image of Trump posing with the Bible will haunt him for the rest of his days... and we'll be seeing variations of said image for the rest of our lives.

Back to Top profile | search

Paul Issar
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 02 June 2020 at 6:21pm | IP Logged | 4 post reply

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTG2mA6pXQQ

Time to do this.

Brian Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 02 June 2020 at 8:11pm | IP Logged | 5 post reply

God. Our wonderful town already has billboards up of Trump walking to
that church yesterday. I hate this place

Neil Lindholm
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 02 June 2020 at 8:18pm | IP Logged | 6 post reply

Geez Brian, where do you live?
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Brian Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 02 June 2020 at 8:45pm | IP Logged | 7 post reply

Middle Tennessee

Neil Lindholm
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 02 June 2020 at 8:46pm | IP Logged | 8 post reply

I am a firm opponent of vandalism but in this situation, some creative modifications via spray paint might be acceptable. 

Brian Floyd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 03 June 2020 at 6:20pm | IP Logged | 9 post reply

I'm in East Tennessee (Knoxville), and fortunately haven't seen any of those billboards. Yet.

Brian Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 03 June 2020 at 6:53pm | IP Logged | 10 post reply

Oh, they're put up by our county. They had two different ones up when
he visited after the tornadoes in early March. They also contracted the
billboard company to have a bunch of them laying on the ground so he
could see them from his helicopter when he flew in.

Here's that billboard.

Neil Lindholm
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 03 June 2020 at 7:46pm | IP Logged | 11 post reply

Certainly hope those are not paid for by tax dollars. If someone wants to waste their money putting these things up, more power to them. Just makes them look ridiculous. If it is county money, I would be making an appointment with the mayor. 

Brian Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 03 June 2020 at 8:14pm | IP Logged | 12 post reply

Oh, he was behind them all the way.

<< Prev Page of 444 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version