Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum
Byrne Robotics > The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 444 Next >>
Topic: Acting Presidential Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 24 September 2019 at 12:08pm | IP Logged | 1 post reply

It's time for a rock solid truth. I don't believe Joe Biden will be our next president.

I'd rather he not be.... there are better, stronger candidates that can win in 2020. Only negative factor is that we have so long to wait and the media might "burn out" any one of the candidate's momentum.

Pacing is everything right now.

-C!
Back to Top profile | search | www

Brian Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 24 September 2019 at 1:13pm | IP Logged | 2 post reply

Charles, I don’t think any of his minions actually do believe him. But they don’t have any other play, so...
Back to Top profile | search

Kevin Brown
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 24 September 2019 at 1:29pm | IP Logged | 3 post reply

I strongly suspect it's going to be Elizabeth Warren as the Democratic front runner.  If there's any ONE candidate that can hold their own against the orange one, she can.

Eric Sofer
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 24 September 2019 at 3:10pm | IP Logged | 4 post reply

Kevin B., IF that's the case - and I believe there's a strong chance of it occurring - then I see a repeat of 1960 where the choice of vice-president, regardless of what Ms. Warren wants, may be the key to it. There are very good choices out there. Regardless of what I want, I don't think Kamala Harris will do it (although I find her eminently intelligent and qualified,) . I think Pete Buttegeig is old enough or experienced enough. I think neither of Biden or Sanders will accept only VP at this late. Andrew Yang doesn't fit enough, and I'm not sure he brings any advantage. It COULD be Cory Booker... he brings plenty to the table as I see it. Smart. Experienced. Black*. Democratic enough. A Warren/Booker ticket  may have the clout to vitalize the voter base.

*Yeah, I hate this to be a qualification too. But reality is what it is, not what we want it to be.

Brian Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 24 September 2019 at 3:48pm | IP Logged | 5 post reply

Just saw this:

Trump: An English slang word for hot air leaking out of an arsehole.
Johnson: An American slang word for a penis.

Pretty fitting. 

Charles Valderrama
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 20 October 2019 at 2:54pm | IP Logged | 6 post reply

Thanks to Trump, in the future the U.S. could be held responsible for crimes against humanity for ethnic cleansing of Syrian Kurds by opening the door to it, watching it, *encouraging it (*Trump's tweets and statements) and not stopping it. GOP leadership just stood by and let this happen. 

In the history books, the Trump administration should be described as horrible at foreign relations and trust among our allies, among other things.

Presidential indeed.

-C!

Koroush Ghazi
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 20 October 2019 at 5:46pm | IP Logged | 7 post reply

Charles Valderrama wrote:
in the future the U.S. could be held responsible for crimes against humanity for ethnic cleansing of Syrian Kurds by opening the door to it, watching it, *encouraging it

Trump is a moron, but this would never happen. The US has veto rights in the United Nations, as well as the International Court of Justice. So nothing these bodies come up with can be enforced on the US.

Indeed, the US used its veto powers to prevent the UN Security Council from enforcing an International Court of Justice ruling against it:

QUOTE:
one attempt to have the Council exercise that authority was when Nicaragua requested, in a letter to the president of the Council on 17 October 1986, an emergency meeting to consider the failure of the US to execute the ICJ’s judgment of 27 June 1986 against it in the Military and Paramilitary Activities in and against Nicaragua Case. The US vetoed a draft resolution calling for full and immediate compliance with the ICJ judgment on 28 October 1986.

All Trump is doing is highlighting the duplicity of US foreign policy, not initiating it. As I said, the system is broken and needs an overhaul. Trump is a symptom, not the cause. Possibly the best thing that can come out of this entire Trump debacle is that peoples' eyes will open to just what goes on behind the scenes in international relations.
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Charles Valderrama
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 21 October 2019 at 1:03pm | IP Logged | 8 post reply

Fair point.... tho' the veto rights the U.S. has in the UN won't prevent the world seeing this ethnic cleansing of Syrian Kurds as another "horribly dark stain" on US international relations...

.... meanwhile, Trump, who swore to “protect and defend the Constitution of the United States,” called the Emoluments Clause of the U.S. Constitution “phony” just two days after he backed off holding the G-7 at Trump National Doral due to “media & Democrat crazed and irrational hostility.”

Some say he was referring to the media reports on this... but I'd say he's just backpedalling out of the mess he once again created.

-C!

Rebecca Jansen
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 25 October 2019 at 11:24am | IP Logged | 9 post reply

Just saw a headline "Trump claims to have no knowledge".

You see? He can tell the truth, however rarely! I do indeed believe there is no actual knowledge in the man's head...

Brian Floyd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 25 October 2019 at 11:58am | IP Logged | 10 post reply

Not sure where to put this, but the corrections officer who drove into a bunch of protesters outside and ICE facility back in August isn't going to be prosecuted for it. 

Hopefully those who were injured can still sue the son of a bitch.

Eric Sofer
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 25 October 2019 at 12:30pm | IP Logged | 11 post reply

Brian F. - well, it's the United States of America. Anyone can sue ANYONE in a civil suit, for any reason.

I hope they win... and get whatever they can out of this bum.

Ms. Jansen - I think Trump is too devious to be entirely vacant of thought. What I think is that he's got a few tricks, and they worked for him in the civilian world; but now that he's POTUS, he's out of tricks and can only babble thoughtlessly and incriminate himsef.

But I like your analysis as well. :D

James Woodcock
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 27 October 2019 at 4:25am | IP Logged | 12 post reply

So Trump's cronies have been repeating his line about being able to walk down Fifth Avenue and shoot someone and him not be touched.

The only image that comes to mind each time I hear this is Falcone in BATMAN BEGINS threatening Bruce Wayne in a similar fashion.

Good guys don't need to make these types of statements. Egotistical bad guys are the people who get off on making such threats.

<< Prev Page of 444 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version