Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum
Byrne Robotics > The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 444 Next >>
Topic: Acting Presidential Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 10 December 2016 at 3:20pm | IP Logged | 1 post reply

That the CIA has facts that makes it believe a foreign power meddled with the US democratic process is scary.

That Trump is willing to just dismiss the findings without any further investigation is even more scary.

Back to Top profile | search

Brian Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 10 December 2016 at 4:32pm | IP Logged | 2 post reply

Yeah. Now he's against the CIA. 

Thom Price
Byrne Robotics Member
L’Homme Diabolique

Posted: 10 December 2016 at 4:54pm | IP Logged | 3 post reply

That we have a President-elect who is openly contemptuous of our own Intelligence agencies while defending Russia and continuously praising Putin is nearly beyond belief.

Are we officially Earth-3 now?
Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

James Johnson
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 10 December 2016 at 5:45pm | IP Logged | 4 post reply

Nope. Bizarro World!

If Obama had said such words, a certain segment of the US population would have screamed, "Hang that <fill in the blank>!"

Brian Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 10 December 2016 at 7:06pm | IP Logged | 5 post reply

Now he's chosen Exxon Mobil CEO Rex Tillerson for Secretary of State. ExxonMobil, the company that has a $300 billion deal with Russia that has been on hold due to sanctions against Russia. 

Jesus Christ, guys. 

Christopher Frost
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 10 December 2016 at 9:07pm | IP Logged | 6 post reply

Is any of this really a surprise to anyone? Trump might be a Washington "outsider" but he's still one of the corrupt 1%ers that everyone supposedly hated a few years ago. His behaviour and cabinet choices are indicative of his true nature.

Conrad Teves
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 10 December 2016 at 9:22pm | IP Logged | 7 post reply

Michael, fair enough.  I certainly agree that no single stat can tell the story.  I suppose since we can expect the incoming administration to just make up whatever number they like as they have been doing so far, single stats will matter even less.

On that note:

From Fortune.com: 
Donald Trump’s team issued a brief, stunning statement Friday—attacking the CIA’s credibility. “These are the same people that said Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction,” the transition team said in an unsigned statement. “The election ended a long time ago in one of the biggest Electoral College victories in history. It’s now time to move on and ‘Make America Great Again.' 

They seem to be just making up their own version of reality, regardless of any grounding in reality.  Arguing by logical fallacy (including obviously false barefaced-assertions) seems to be their weapon of choice.

Kevin Brown
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 10 December 2016 at 9:26pm | IP Logged | 8 post reply

Supposedly McConnell was trying to cover up that Russia was messing with our election:  LINK.

Jason Czeskleba
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 10 December 2016 at 9:29pm | IP Logged | 9 post reply

Brian Miller wrote:
And Republicans are actually DEFENDING it. What the fuck is going on in our country?

It's become depressingly clear that most of the current Republican leadership in this country is willing to defend virtually anything if it helps them pursue their radical agenda of bankrupting the US Government and dismantling the social safety net.  These are depressing times we live in.  It's not hyperbole to say the country is on a downward trajectory in terms of the quality of life of 99% of its citizens.  And given that a substantial amount of these citizens persist in voting against their own political interests, it's hard to conceive of how this is going to get better.      

Kevin Hagerman
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 10 December 2016 at 9:45pm | IP Logged | 10 post reply

I'll be a little generous and say McConnell wasn't so much trying to cover it up as he was trying to delay it until most obviously November 8th, but likely even December 19th (the day the election will be certified).

Frankly, I think the EC should vote DT in.  We don't deserve any better.  I'm teaching a parrot to say "I told you so" so I don't have fucking laryngitis for the next few years.

Brian Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 10 December 2016 at 10:48pm | IP Logged | 11 post reply

it is becoming clear at this point that the dependable assumption of this administration's 'ideology' is simply that it will seek to enrich itself any way it can without regard for the well-being of the American people or humanity at large

president - in my first act as president-elect i will ensure that the interests of my argentinian real estate development project and scottish golf course are well-represented
education secretary - voucherize public schools and watch them die
health secretary - let's voucherize medicare and fuck the affordable care act
DOL secretary - i hate american workers and overtime pay to minimum wage slaves
Sec of State - let's go make money drilling for oil in russia on this $300B deal
EPA - we need to roll back regulation so we can dump more toxic shit real cheap and companies can retain more profits
treasury secretary - we must repeal financial regulations so that banks can make more money (off of their customers)
defense / homeland security / Nat'l sec Advisor - if you thought dick cheney's procurement track record was wasteful, just you wait and see what the three of us have in mind
Small Biz Admin - i hate small businesses and plan to dissolve them all in my beak-bearing vaginal cavity
CIA Director - i am committed to the marginal profit maximization of the Koch brothers personally and of all of their affiliates and subsidiaries

Thom Price
Byrne Robotics Member
L’Homme Diabolique

Posted: 11 December 2016 at 8:18am | IP Logged | 12 post reply

Trump Picks El Chapo to Run D.E.A.

This is so close to what's actually happening, it barely qualifies as satire.

<< Prev Page of 444 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version