Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 20 November 2017 at 5:29pm | IP Logged | 1 post reply

How about this one?

Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Charles Valderrama
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 20 November 2017 at 10:10pm | IP Logged | 2 post reply

Conrad Black’s commitment to the truth remains as shaky as his commitment to Canada.... anyone interested should read into his past felonies.... that'll paint a clear picture of the man.

-C!

Back to Top profile | search | www

James Woodcock
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 21 November 2017 at 12:20am | IP Logged | 3 post reply

That man is utterly disgraced in the U.K. not surprised to see him defending Fart. His hold on reality is on a similar level. Can’t believe he is still in newspapers

Neil Lindholm
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 21 November 2017 at 12:38am | IP Logged | 4 post reply

I'm not going to defend Black on his past but I find it interesting that nobody challenges his ideas, but just comments on his criminal past (a common theme in Canada). I will add that he did his time and served his sentence. How is that relevant to his arguments?

Remember that he wrote some highly regarded biographies in the past as well as other books. He is not a hack writer. 

Neil Lindholm
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 21 November 2017 at 12:53am | IP Logged | 5 post reply

For example, I don’t agree with the suggestion that Trump had anything to do with the Stock Market. The markets move more or less independently of who ever is in charge.  Boom and bust cycles (I admit that the latest boom cycle is running longer than usual) are common and I don’t think he has enacted any policies that have had much of an effect on the economy. 

Edited by Neil Lindholm on 21 November 2017 at 12:53am

Peter Martin
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 21 November 2017 at 7:45am | IP Logged | 6 post reply

Jobs are good and growth is solid. This has been on an upward curve since 2009 and there's no perceptible change in the rate of improvement since Trump took office. 

Besides, Janet Yellen, the head of the Federal Reserve, would be more deserving of kudos  than Trump if we were to lay responsibility for jobs and economic growth at the feet of any one person. In return, Trump has not kept her on and she leaves next February.

The stock market, as you say, is kind of its own beast. Some of its performance can be attributed to expectations over proposed tax changes. This story has still to play out fully though. Gains are also supported by corporate earnings; Trump has not done anything so far to say he deserves responsibility for boosting corporate earnings.

He has withdrawn from the Paris Accords. This really is down to him. I fail to see how this is a good thing.

"He has led the rout of ISIL". Well... ISIL (or ISIS as I use) held its most territory in 2014 and had lost most of its strongholds by the time Trump came into power. It lost its defacto capital Raqqa recently to a coalition of forces, the ground troops of which were mainly Kurdish. The US has contributed through a lot of airstrikes; I haven't seen evidence to suggest this contribution has increased markedly under Trump. I recall Trump complaining that the timing of troops taking Mosul was designed to make Hillary look good (?) and tweeted that the strategy was a total disaster.

"He will probably pass the greatest tax cuts and reforms since Reagan." Probably? How can Black claim something that has yet to occur as an achievement?

"Reduced illegal immigration by 80%" I'm struggling to find up-to-date, comprehensive data on this. Yardsticks certainly seemed to drop (that is, improve) in the early months of Trump's presidency. Interestingly, the figures suggest fewer people trying to cross, rather than more people being successfully blocked. I'm not going to speculate on the cause.

"Gained full Chinese adherence to unacceptability of North Korean nuclear military capability". This sounds like spin. Trump saying China fully agrees with him is one thing. What China says may be another and what China actually does in time is entirely another thing. There are some signs of a positive shift in stance from China, but how much of that was down to Tillerson, rather than Tillerson's 'moron'?

Back to Top profile | search

Neil Lindholm
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 21 November 2017 at 5:13pm | IP Logged | 7 post reply

Peter, I agree with what you said. I think Black is giving Trump way too much credit for things that are happening outside his control (or intelligence level). 

Robbie Parry
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 22 November 2017 at 5:18am | IP Logged | 8 post reply

I see the fool is having a meltdown on Twitter.

(I do NOT follow him, I see the tweets via media reports).

I wish he'd grow up. Or resign. I really hope the US can one day create a system that makes it easier to boot an oaf out. He's embarrassing. 

Eric Sofer
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 22 November 2017 at 9:14am | IP Logged | 9 post reply

Robbie, the issue with removing the President is that we have had some decent, and even good, presidents with corrupt congresses who wanted a fine statesman out, and their own crony in. Shucks, the congresses under Obama would have jumped for joy (off their pages) if the process for removing Obama were easier.

The biggest problem is that no one ever thought the President of the United States would be SO oafish. And the resolution to this situation is eliminating the Electoral College.

Which leaves the selection of the President to the popular vote. That is the heart of Democracy... which, as has been noted, is the worst form of government ever - except for all the other types.

David Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 22 November 2017 at 9:37am | IP Logged | 10 post reply

QUOTE:
The biggest problem is that no one ever thought the President of the United States would be SO oafish.

Disagree. Something like half of Earth's adult population considered it inevitable. Their biggest surprise was this oaf advertises his oafishness without a cowboy hat. 

Edited by David Miller on 22 November 2017 at 9:38am
Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

James Johnson
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 22 November 2017 at 11:23am | IP Logged | 11 post reply

Unreal. 

A military plane crashes in the ocean.  45 says nothing. 

LeVar Ball says a few things,  he goes twit-shit crazy. 

Rex Ryan said that he didn't sign up for this. 

Yes you did Rexy.  The moment you and others supported him in the voting booth over a year ago. 

Eric Ladd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 22 November 2017 at 11:35am | IP Logged | 12 post reply

Anyone that claims they did not sign up for this guy is a lying fool. He has been on display for all to see for years. His campaign was a clear indication of what he was capable of and just because he has crossed some imaginary line by endorsing an accused pediphile does not absolve ANY of the resposibility of guilt from the people that voted for this idiot. Anyone that says they didn't know he would be this bad deserves to have their voting privledges revoked.

<< Prev Page of 444 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version