Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum
Byrne Robotics > The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 444 Next >>
Topic: Acting Presidential Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 21 October 2017 at 3:15am | IP Logged | 1 post reply

No one thinks it is telling that the family would have to back up Wilson's statement on a private matter? The offence I am seeing is, at their time of extreme grief they need to comment on such a personal matter. Wilson turned this families grief into a political issue on the day the body was returned. That is so much more insensitive than Trump saying other Presidents did not call. Trump gave his usual BS to a question that was put forth to embarrass him, in my opinion. 

Honestly, no one can see the difference? Making the act of calling families political compared to making a specific families grief political. One is idiotic the other is just wrong.
Back to Top profile | search

Matt Reed
Byrne Robotics Security
Robotmod

Posted: 21 October 2017 at 3:41am | IP Logged | 2 post reply

Wilson didn't make it public until Trump slammed Obama and Bush (among every other president before him) for not making calls.  She was in the car with the family.  They obviously wanted her to hear the call as they could have requested that it not be on speaker.  And then Trump tries to boost his standing by saying he did call the family and yet doesn't deny that what he said was entirely inappropriate.  Instead, he doubles down and claims that Wilson lied (which she didn't) and drags Kelly's dead son into the debate without his knowledge just to score points.  And you're blaming Wilson?

Wow.

Robbie Parry
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 21 October 2017 at 4:55am | IP Logged | 3 post reply

What Matt just said.

The orange egomaniac has to make everything about him. Why doesn't he just resign and play golf? He can never be subtle or dignified in anything.

Eric Sofer
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 21 October 2017 at 11:49am | IP Logged | 4 post reply

And then the big orange Moron-In-Chief HAS to blab about it all over hell and back again. Yeah, it's his style, so we should expect it...

But a more reasonable president might have not been offended by his own offensive actions (ONLY two weeks? Wait another week or two, and you could hype it up to boost the republican elections... moron.) Then he gets his chief of staff to lie and insult on his behalf. Honest to god, anyone working for the M-i-C has to check the self-respect, dignity, and honesty at the door to kneel at the sycophant's feet.

And the most hideous and bitter punchline of this scenario is that - as a very best case scenario - Trump might have been doing the honest and decent thing by talking to this woman, and just is too dumb to use the right words - but with the right sentiment. And you know what? NO ONE WOULD BELIEVE THAT. He has established his reputation to be such a mean, uncaring, selfish, and stupid man that a good deed would get swallowed up in the Trump Tar Pit of self-involvement and ego.

Sad.

Robbie Parry
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 21 October 2017 at 12:27pm | IP Logged | 5 post reply

The one about Truman surprised me:

I don't think anything can compare to 45, though. He has a 24/7 news media to fawn over him (not all outlets, of course). And a lot of misguided people who can retweet/share his garbage.

Michael Sommerville
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 21 October 2017 at 4:36pm | IP Logged | 6 post reply

It is Wilson making her statement on the day that the body is being picked up that i find offensive. It was the wrong time and place. That she heard the conversation is not an issue. That the family found Trumps words inappropriate is sad. To shout it out to the press is politics at its worst.

Michael Roberts
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 21 October 2017 at 6:52pm | IP Logged | 7 post reply

It is Wilson making her statement on the day that the body is being picked up that i find offensive. It was the wrong time and place. That she heard the conversation is not an issue. That the family found Trumps words inappropriate is sad. To shout it out to the press is politics at its worst.

——

So you are saying that if you were in that situation, you would not stand up for a family that was slighted for the sake of political correctness. 

The people being affected by Wilson speaking out is the soldier’s family. That they are backing her and not condemning her tells you how they feel about the matter. So why do you continue to take offense on their behalf?

Matt Reed
Byrne Robotics Security
Robotmod

Posted: 22 October 2017 at 1:57am | IP Logged | 8 post reply

So when would have been the right time to tell the truth, Michael?  Two days later, ten days, two weeks?  Or maybe it's OK to tell the truth when the sitting fucking president of the United States lies and says that other presidents "never or rarely" call the families of deceased military. When an abhorrent Neanderthal in the highest position of power lies so blatantly, maybe it's OK to tell the world that what he's talking about isn't how it went down and that what he said carried so little empathy for the affected family that he couldn't even remember the name of the fallen. 

Jesus.  YOU'RE the one making it political.  To everyone else, it's just a question of humility, humanity and common decency.  

James Woodcock
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 22 October 2017 at 2:39am | IP Logged | 9 post reply

I keep thinking what the old UK programme SPITTING IMAGE would make of all this. And then I remember that not only does Trump acually look like one of their puppets in real life but he acts far beyond anything they could write.

And that’s the truly terrifying thing, he is so far out there. With his tweets, his speeches, his interviews, his policies. He is beyond parody. There is no action or reaction that could be written that would seem too far fetched.

And that is truly scary.
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

David Allen Perrin
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 22 October 2017 at 3:51am | IP Logged | 10 post reply

Rep. Wilson was asked by reporters what Trump said to the family.

She said what he said and she told the press how the family reacted to his words.  The rest grew legs on it’s own and started running.

Trump (as always) made it worse by lying. (“......I have proof”)

He made a bad situation a fucking disgrace by trotting out Kelley, who lo and behold turns out to be yet another liar in this administration absolutely devoid of personal honor.

I had never heard of Rep. Wilson until all of this went down.  But she’s a favorite of mine now since I have learned a bit about her.  

The thing that pisses the Trumpster people off most about all this?

That cowboy hat she wears all the time! LOL!   She shows up out of nowhere, blows yet another hole in the notion that Trump and his minions are ever remotely capable of doing the right thing at any time.  And she’s a black woman wearing a cowboy hat doing it!  

Turns out she wears the cowboy hat because her grandmother (who convinced her to go into public service) wore cowboy hats.  She wears them in her honor.    

Michael Sommerville
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 23 October 2017 at 3:25am | IP Logged | 11 post reply

I figured maybe wait until after the man was laid to rest. A no comment might have been appropriate at that moment. Wow, I did not know it was ME that made this issue political. My bad. 

Michael Roberts
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 23 October 2017 at 7:20am | IP Logged | 12 post reply

QUOTE:
Yes the President, said that he knew what he signed up for, but it hurts anyway. And it made me cry cause I was very angry at the tone of his voice and how he said he couldn’t remember my husband’s name. The only way he remembered my husband's name is because he told me he had my husband’s report in front of him and that’s when he actually said La David. I heard him stumblin' on trying to remember my husband’s name and that’s what hurt me the most, because if my husband is out here fighting for our country and he risked his life for our country why can’t you remember his name. And that’s what made me upset and cry even more because my husband was an awesome soldier.

The President makes a grieving widow feel worse, but let's get offended by the person standing up for her because there's a more politically appropriate time to defend her?

<< Prev Page of 444 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version