Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum
Byrne Robotics > The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 444 Next >>
Topic: Acting Presidential Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 26 August 2017 at 11:21pm | IP Logged | 1 post reply

THAT was supposed to be the case last November!! I've been hearing that "fastest-growing demographic" talking point for years. Doesn't matter if the votes don't grow in the key states.

Damn Electoral College!!

-C!
Back to Top profile | search | www

Robbie Parry
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 27 August 2017 at 8:34am | IP Logged | 2 post reply

Years ago, when I first became politically aware (around 20-22), I said to a friend that had I been born in the US, I imagine I'd have joined the Republicans: their values and ideology appealed to me. Didn't agree with all of them, but they felt close to my beliefs. 

Obviously, that was academic. I am a member of a political party (or was) over here. I want to be part of a movement that helps society become better.

But if I had been born in the US, and joined the Republicans, I'd now be sending my membership card to their HQ and completely washing my hands of them! 
Back to Top profile | search

Brian Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 27 August 2017 at 10:35am | IP Logged | 3 post reply

Charles is right, David. And the GOP is doing everything they can to keep them from voting. AND they're trying to get rid of them and keep any more from coming in. 

Edited by Brian Miller on 27 August 2017 at 10:36am

Charles Valderrama
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 29 August 2017 at 7:57am | IP Logged | 4 post reply

So now we're back to this....

-C!

Charles Valderrama
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 31 August 2017 at 3:12pm | IP Logged | 5 post reply

Trump is pledging to donate $1 million toward hurricane disaster relief in Texas and Louisiana.... the question is will this be another ruse as he did with that big donation to disabled veterans? WHY should anyone believe what this man says or what he promises?

-C!

Charles Valderrama
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 September 2017 at 12:44pm | IP Logged | 6 post reply

Jeez, seems the attack on the "fake media" (and the disfunction of the Dems) has done its job....

Kinda depressing as we head towards the end of YEAR ONE.

-C!

David Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 September 2017 at 1:22pm | IP Logged | 7 post reply

The lack of anything resembling specific data in that article makes me suspicious. "Pollsters are shocked by how many voters..." "...most participants..." These representations are anonymous and unattributed for a reason, presumably because the source's identity would raise questions about their motives.

QUOTE:
Stop, Democratic operatives urge voters, assuming that what they think is morally right is the best politics. A case in point is Trump’s response to the violence in Charlottesville. The president’s equivocation on neo-Nazis was not as much of a political problem as his opponents want to believe, Democratic operatives say, and shifting the debate to whether or not to remove Confederate monuments largely worked for him.

It's been a persistent meme of the white "Left" that the Democrats needs to move past "distractions" like racism and sexism and focus on the real issues facing the country, which are economic and the fault of the Democrats. If they have their way the Democrats will return to being an unapologetic white nationalist party while accomplishing nothing in the way of economic justice. 
Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

Michael Roberts
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 September 2017 at 3:05pm | IP Logged | 8 post reply

Jeez, seems the attack on the "fake media" (and the disfunction of the Dems) has done its job....

------

I disagree. I think a vast majority of Trump voters knew exactly who they were voting for and are getting exactly what they want (although not necessarily what they need). 

Charles Valderrama
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 15 September 2017 at 3:58pm | IP Logged | 9 post reply

Trump attacked ESPN’s Jemele Hill today, calling on the host who called him a white supremacist to “apologize for untruth.” (Press secretary Huckabee Sanders said Hill should be fired for her remarks.)

Seriously??? We do have a First Amendment to protect citizens against government retribution if opinions are not approved. Does he plan to change that???

-C!

Robbie Parry
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 15 September 2017 at 4:05pm | IP Logged | 10 post reply

Gosh, is Cotton Candy Hair going to resign? Why doesn't he? Just go and play golf, Cotton Candy Hair. You're not wanted by most normal people. How much longer does the US have to put up with this shit?

Edited by Robbie Parry on 15 September 2017 at 4:05pm

David Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 15 September 2017 at 4:46pm | IP Logged | 11 post reply

QUOTE:
Yet, if God wills that it continue until all the wealth piled by the bondsman's two hundred and fifty years of unrequited toil shall be sunk, and until every drop of blood drawn with the lash shall be paid by another drawn with the sword, as was said three thousand years ago, so still it must be said "the judgments of the Lord are true and righteous altogether."

If the Iraq death toll were but the only stain on the American taxpayers' consciences, we'd deserve to endure a 150 year Trump superpresidency and still not wash away the blood 
Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

Dave Jasinski
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 September 2017 at 8:29am | IP Logged | 12 post reply

QUOTE:
Seriously??? We do have a First Amendment to protect citizens against government retribution if opinions are not approved. Does he plan to change that???

I don't think he's bright enough to even realize the implications of what he is doing. He is just doing, reflexively, what he has always done. Reacting without thinking because his fragile ego was wounded. 

Not that this is much better since this man is now POTUS and seems to have no concept of the responsibility of the position. 

<< Prev Page of 444 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version