Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
TV
Byrne Robotics > TV << Prev Page of 8 Next >>
Topic: The Flash -- Season 3 Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 01 February 2017 at 1:38pm | IP Logged | 1 post reply

Just bumping the thread back to the front page. Anybody still watching?
Back to Top profile | search

Brian Floyd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 01 February 2017 at 2:04pm | IP Logged | 2 post reply

I am. I'm not really digging the whole Savitar may come back and kill Iris plot line, but I'm glad they finally have Wally in action as Kid Flash without everyone complaining about it.

Glad to see Cisco finally in a costume, and more about HR revealed.

Incidentally, if you don't watch Legends of Tomorrow, I recommend watching this week's episode. Because something important happened that will probably have repercussions on The Flash at some point. 

Back to Top profile | search | email

Doug Centers
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 01 February 2017 at 5:49pm | IP Logged | 3 post reply

I'm still hangin' in there.
Last episode was ok. I believe HR still has some kind of master plan to reveal.
I kinda like adding Malfoy..er...Julian to the team they need that agitating type personality mixed in . Sort of like old Wells.

They did keep the mushy ,tearing up scene , streak going ..uggh!

Anthony J Lombardi
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 01 February 2017 at 7:49pm | IP Logged | 4 post reply

I wish they would give Wally a different name. Calling him Kid Flash isn't working for me. 

Didier Yvon Paul Fayolle
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 01 February 2017 at 8:01pm | IP Logged | 5 post reply

Still watching it. My boy is loving it !
Back to Top profile | search | www

Eric Sofer
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 02 February 2017 at 4:20pm | IP Logged | 6 post reply

I still watch it, and I still quite enjoy it.

And I still do not like the HR character. What the hell is he supposed to be? Comic relief?

But the Flash and Kid Flash side by side... COOL!

Incidentally, the speed curve makes no sense. Yes, Barry won't be fast enough to cover that distance in that time to save Iris. Know how to address that? Move closer. Or get there sooner. That curve of movement depends on variables that are by NO means fixed.

Brian Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 02 February 2017 at 4:43pm | IP Logged | 7 post reply

And I still do not like the HR character. What the hell is he supposed to be? Comic relief?

I'm still waiting for something to happen that will make him somehow important to the team.

Brian Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 02 February 2017 at 4:45pm | IP Logged | 8 post reply

Incidentally, the speed curve makes no sense. Yes, Barry won't be fast enough to cover that distance in that time to save Iris. Know how to address that? Move closer. Or get there sooner. That curve of movement depends on variables that are by NO means fixed.

That's exactly what I said to the missus last night. They're basing their calculation on the fact he'll be exactly where he was when he went thru time. At that moment, then-current Flash can be who knows where? Why couldn't he be right next to them? Then-current Barry was never seen by time-travel Barry, so he could be anywhere.

Ian Penman
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 02 February 2017 at 7:54pm | IP Logged | 9 post reply

The show seems to be marking time. Too much standing around talking, HR and Julian double the irritation quotation and having Barry and Wally together serves no useful purpose. Gypsy and Cisco? Are they trying to put together Justice League Detroit? Please tell me not!

Sergio Saavedra
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 03 February 2017 at 4:45pm | IP Logged | 10 post reply

I laughed two or three times during the episode, one of them with HR. I don't expect him to stay beyond this season, but it's funny to see such a different version of Harrison Wells. But what I enjoyed the most is having Cisco back. I mean, the cheerful Cisco that everybody loves.
I think the last episode was much better that the previous one, and probably one of the best of this season.

Brian O'Neill
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 03 February 2017 at 9:28pm | IP Logged | 11 post reply

I like Cavanagh's varying takes on Wells. I'm sure there's a lot more that we'll find out about H.R. Unless we're not being told something, we already know he's trying to step up against Savitar in the 'distant' future of May.

Brian Floyd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 06 February 2017 at 12:16am | IP Logged | 12 post reply

I'm sick of things being up with various versions of Wells....as well as there being different versions of Wells.

I like H.R., and we'll probably get Harry returning (alongside Jesse) at some point. But unless they somehow bring back the real Harrison Wells from their Earth, I'd rather not see any more alternate Earth versions of Wells.

I've a feeling its going to take all the speedsters to beat Savitar. Including the surprise one that showed up on Legends of Tomorrow last week.

Emery Calame
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 February 2017 at 2:09am | IP Logged | 13 post reply

Flash skipped a week. 

John Leach
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 24 February 2017 at 1:46am | IP Logged | 14 post reply

I never thought I'd see Gorilla Grodd in a live-action tv show, much less Gorilla City. Very happy. And Tom Felton has been really good this season.

Andrew Bitner
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 24 February 2017 at 11:44am | IP Logged | 15 post reply

I've become a fan of the show since starting up last season. The race toward Iris's fate has been pretty engaging.

Eric Sofer
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 25 February 2017 at 10:40am | IP Logged | 16 post reply

I was (foolishly, perhaps) hoping for the Gorilla City from the comics - an ADVANCED society (including a gorilla mother with a purse and her little gorilla boy... :) I was also hoping that Solovar would play a larger adversarial role to Grodd.

We learned that whatever Flash's costume is made of, it's not armored. The thing looks so damned bulky as it is... why not add some kevlar to it?

A couple questions about the Flash/Solovar fight.
     Why didn't Flash ever use the lightning attack against Solovar?
     My wife and I both agreed on the best attack against Solovar - a super speed vacuum. I don't recall that he's used that yet, but for a guy who time travels with some regularity, it seemed kind of easy.
     And why not just brute force? The Flash could have landed several hundred punches while Solovar was still turning around. I'm not sure I understood his strategy. Hit and run would probably have worked great - especially for the Flash.

But I was greatly interested in the episode and the story, and I'm really liking this season. And I cannot wait for the next four show crossover!

Dave Kopperman
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 25 February 2017 at 2:00pm | IP Logged | 17 post reply

Man, this season is tanking hard.  The gorilla city episode was just okay, when it should have been a home run.

Eric: I think the reason Barry didn't use the lightning attack is that Solovar called up a dust storm which tripped him up as he was preparing to hurl.

Joe Zhang
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 26 February 2017 at 7:28am | IP Logged | 18 post reply

The Rogues are a real gem in the Flash mythos. I wish they were front and center in this show. But instead they keep on leaning on the Speed Force and the speedsters, which I find the least interesting aspect of the Flash. 

Brian Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 26 February 2017 at 9:29am | IP Logged | 19 post reply

Agreed

Eric Jansen
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 27 February 2017 at 3:21am | IP Logged | 20 post reply

If Wells is Jesse's father, doesn't that make him Johnny Quick?  Tom Cavanagh has the same basic body and face type as Johnny!  We don't really know much about Earth-2's Wells--it would be nice if they revealed more of his history (and Jesse's mother) or even gave him his speed formula now.  

Kevin Brown
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 27 February 2017 at 2:18pm | IP Logged | 21 post reply

I don't agree that the season is tanking, but it's meandering a bit....  It feels like they lost a bit of focus somewhere along the way.  Still a great show, but it's slipped.  Honestly, as much as I love the character in the comics, Kid Flash has slowed this show down.  Not good for a show called "The Flash".

Dave Kopperman
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 27 February 2017 at 3:39pm | IP Logged | 22 post reply

For my wife and I, it's mostly the sheer tedium of the Iris West character.  No slight on Candace Patton, who was very good in season one, but she's become such a drag on the tone of the show (please point me to an episode where she's happy and energetically engaged throughout).  She is, as the saying goes, "A real Captain Bringdown."  It's a little tough to care that much about the drive to stop her murder when I feel that it would improve the show.

I also would be more on board if the Barry/Iris romance hadn't added the brother/sister aspect to it, which actually bugs me more as the series goes on than less, because they've reinforced Joe's dad role with the simultaneous a) loss of Henry Allen, b) sibling rivalry between Barry and Wally, and c) the actual blossoming of the romance. Also, Candace Patton and Grant Gustin have kind of an anti-chemistry that makes scenes that focus on their relationship awkward and draggy, so having the entire back half of the season focus on Barry/Iris is both creepy and dramatically inert.

Brian Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 01 March 2017 at 9:36pm | IP Logged | 23 post reply

"There's always another way."

So, thinking along those lines, I had this thought: 

How about on the day Iris is supposed to be killed they just send her to another Earth? Future history changed, Iris lives. 

Brian Floyd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 01 March 2017 at 10:07pm | IP Logged | 24 post reply

I expect that the solution to Savitar is to  get ALL the speedsters (meaning they call in Jay) to join forces against him.

Wouldn't be surprised if the Black Flash shows up, either, since he's already popped up on Legends. (Yep, its Hunter Zolomon/Zoom, except he now has some red on his costume. Thought it was still all black when he got taken away?)

Michael Roberts
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 01 March 2017 at 11:09pm | IP Logged | 25 post reply

No slight on Candace Patton, who was very good in season one, but
she's become such a drag on the tone of the show (please point me to
an episode where she's happy and energetically engaged throughout).

----

I always see her encouraging Barry, especially last night's episode.

<< Prev Page of 8 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version