Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
Movies
Byrne Robotics > Movies << Prev Page of 4
Topic: KONG: Skull Island ~ SPOILERS begin Pg 3 (Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 12 March 2017 at 4:01pm | IP Logged | 1  

The aforementioned spoilers from the regarding other monsters in the 'universe' appear in 'blink and you miss it' cave painting cameos, apparently. I only caught one of them when I saw it today. Very exciting movie, my wife even liked it, and she's not really a 'monster movie' person.
Back to Top profile | search

Joe Hollon
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 12 March 2017 at 7:51pm | IP Logged | 2  

Did you stay for the post credit scene?
Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

Michael Casselman
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 March 2017 at 6:57am | IP Logged | 3  

No, we had to scoot out due to the 'call of nature'. However the one cave painting earlier in the movie appeared to me to be a Mothra.

Edited by Michael Casselman on 13 March 2017 at 6:58am

Neil Lindholm
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 March 2017 at 7:08am | IP Logged | 4  

I had to leave before the end of the credits (nature calling). What was the teaser?
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Taavi Suhonen
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 March 2017 at 12:35pm | IP Logged | 5  

Post credits scene: The island survivors are told Kong is not the only king out there and we are shown cave paintings of Godzilla, Mothra, Rodan and King Ghidorah. Then we hear Godzilla roar.

Ronald Joseph
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 March 2017 at 2:55pm | IP Logged | 6  

Saw it last night. 

Overall, it was kinda fun, but a little underwhelming. Absolutely no buildup to the big fight at the end and the "bad guys" really, really sucked. But - I guess it did what it needed to do; help establish "the monster cinematic universe."

Post-credit scene alone was worth the price of admission.

Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

John Popa
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 March 2017 at 6:28am | IP Logged | 7  

I enjoyed the movie overall. I don't think Hiddleston or Larson really needed to be there, although I enjoyed them, they easily could have used the young military folks as debate points with Sam Jackson. I get that they probably wanted a couple movie stars too. But I liked that there were more monsters around and they mostly looked good and I liked the big ape.

I also enjoyed how the director made it look sometimes like a Viet Nam nightmare with Jackson and sometimes like a Time Life documentary with Larson. It gave the character perspectives a little more weight.

Brian Rhodes
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 March 2017 at 11:05am | IP Logged | 8  

Since we're in spoiler/Easter egg territory...

Sam Jackson's character says, "Hold onto your butts!" when they embark on their helicopter ride.

I thought it was pretty funny.

Anthony J Lombardi
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 March 2017 at 3:26pm | IP Logged | 9  

I saw it last night I enjoyed the film. Sam Jackson did a good job of making his character unlikable.  I found the attitudes of the characters refreshing.  I loved the look of Kong. The film also dealt with the questions of the height differential between Kong and Godzilla. By the time the two meet Kong will have grown to a balanced height. 

Bill Mimbu
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 March 2017 at 11:16pm | IP Logged | 10  

Daikaiju and Tokusatsu blogger in Japan, Brett Homenick, noticed that the Toho Cinemas in Shinjuku had a clever way of promoting SKULL ISLAND:

Sidelong Glances of a Pigeon Kicker Blog

Shaun Barry
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 18 March 2017 at 8:20pm | IP Logged | 11  

My son and I both saw it today and we both enjoyed it very much... definitely an odd amalgam of the 1976 remake, JURASSIC PARK and APOCALYPSE NOW; it sagged in the middle (what doesn't these days?) and could be a little too goofy or dopey in spots (but usually in a fun way); and there were probably a few too many characters to keep track (or care for); but in the end, it was exactly the type of modern giant-monster movie I was hoping for.

Nothing too deep going on here, but the stellar cast made the most of their parts, and maybe even helped elevate the material just a tad.

Good stuff... a lot more fun than the 2014 GODZILLA and much better than the Peter Jackson version.  For this longtime Kong fan, it's a keeper!

Doug Centers
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 23 April 2017 at 2:53pm | IP Logged | 12  

Saw it today with my son. 
Fun monster movie, plenty of Kong to see.
Was bummed that Cole got wiped out without putting any hurt on the skull crawler. But more characters survived than I expected anyway. 

One question, why didn't the charges go off when Jackson was smashed with his finger on the detonator?

Matt Reed
Byrne Robotics Security
Robotmod

Posted: 08 July 2017 at 11:51pm | IP Logged | 13  

Just watched it tonight.  Really enjoyed it.  Second best KONG movie after the original (hated both the '76 remake and Jackson's bloated film).  It was a ton of fun, was totally engaging and had just the right amount of heart.  

Matt Reed
Byrne Robotics Security
Robotmod

Posted: 09 July 2017 at 12:37am | IP Logged | 14  

Loved the songs, so went to iTunes searching for the soundtrack.  They only have the orchestral soundtrack.  Must not have gotten the rights to produce a soundtrack with all the original songs used from the era.  That said, the orchestral soundtrack was just $5.99 and I loved quite a few of those cues, so I bought it.  My favorite of these kinds of films is PACIFIC RIM and this one doesn't quite measure up, but it's good nonetheless.  

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

<< Prev Page of 4
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version