Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
Star Trek
Byrne Robotics > Star Trek << Prev Page of 448 Next >>
Topic: STAR TREK: NEW VISIONS - Origins and Updates Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 12 February 2013 at 11:31pm | IP Logged | 1 post reply

ahhh. this fills me with happy thoughts. Simply amazing. Off to read them again. 
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

John Byrne
Imaginary X-Man

Posted: 13 February 2013 at 6:25am | IP Logged | 2 post reply

Another page. . .

Back to Top profile | search

John Byrne
Imaginary X-Man

Posted: 13 February 2013 at 6:39am | IP Logged | 3 post reply

I have a question which might be obvious, but I am not tech savvy so I will ask anyway: Are you limited to using images from TREKCore.com, or can you use your DVDs to do screen grabs?

I don't have the technology available to do screencaps from the DVDs -- and, truth to tell, doing so would turn this into a much bigger project that I'd want in something "just for fun".

Clicking thru TREKCore is limiting, but much easier!!

John Byrne
Imaginary X-Man

Posted: 13 February 2013 at 6:41am | IP Logged | 4 post reply

I'm only guessing, but I would think the Scotty pic is from "I, Mudd" when the others "kill" him with pointy-finger phasers and sound effects at his request as he cannot stand any more happiness...

Correct! I had to remove Kirk's foot from Scotty's hip.

John Byrne
Imaginary X-Man

Posted: 13 February 2013 at 6:44am | IP Logged | 5 post reply

Here's a question for the Forum: If I do go ahead with this "lost episode" idea, how should I format it? With the samples above, I've defaulted to standard comic page proportions, 2x3, but for the "project" should I perhaps format the "pages" to a standard computer screen? Wider than they are tall, in other words?

Michael Penn
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 February 2013 at 7:12am | IP Logged | 6 post reply

It's corbomite, right?

Matthew Hansel
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 February 2013 at 9:00am | IP Logged | 7 post reply

Here's a question for the Forum: If I do go ahead with this "lost episode" idea, how should I format it? With the samples above, I've defaulted to standard comic page proportions, 2x3, but for the "project" should I perhaps format the "pages" to a standard computer screen? Wider than they are tall, in other words?

Since this is for a computer screen and not for publication, I'd go with a screen format.  Maybe even a daily comic strip format, as that works well on a computer screen.

I'm enjoying this quite a bit.  I'm a more recent convert to Star Trek, and particularly TOS (mostly because of your Star Trek work for IDW) and I've enjoyed the series quite a bit.  So much so, that I'm doing an imaginary adventure in my comic strip (ala Dickie Dare, my two characters make-believe themselves into the TOS universe).  You've inspired me, JB!

Whatever format you choose, I'll enjoy, because it's fun watching you experiment and do something "for fun"!

Cheerio!

MPH

Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

John Byrne
Imaginary X-Man

Posted: 13 February 2013 at 9:07am | IP Logged | 8 post reply

Here's another page -- and it may be the last, dagnabbit, at least for this story. TREKCore skipped a few shots immediately following this, so there's no proper way to do the next moments with Kirk and McCoy. Grrrr.

This page has some "tweaking" of both image and dialog, to make it "flow" better in this format.

Amusing to note this was the first episode filmed, once the series was picked up, so in his very first scene Shatner has his shirt off!

Tim O Neill
Byrne Robotics Security

Posted: 13 February 2013 at 9:29am | IP Logged | 9 post reply

These pages look awesome!  This is so cool!!

Anthony J Lombardi
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 February 2013 at 10:32am | IP Logged | 10 post reply

~~~~~~~

I enjoy the comic page format JB.

Bill Conway
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 February 2013 at 10:48am | IP Logged | 11 post reply

Very cool! I would love to see a new episode with old guest stars returning and brand new ones -- maybe Adam West, Barbara Feldon or  Barbara Eden would be fun to have in a TOS episode.

John Byrne
Imaginary X-Man

Posted: 13 February 2013 at 10:53am | IP Logged | 12 post reply

Working on something like this makes me very aware of the mechanical process of TV and movie production. Note that the shot of Spock on the viewscreen, lower left on the fourth page, has exactly the same lighting and camera set-up as the two-shot with Bailey on the first page.

I can easily imagine someone (the director?) going thru the script and marking all the shots that could be collected at the same time.

<< Prev Page of 448 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version