Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
TV
Byrne Robotics > TV Page of 65 Next >>
Topic: Speaking of video games... Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 18 May 2010 at 3:55pm | IP Logged | 1 post reply

Just curious what the gamers are up to.

Currently trudging through Fallout 3 on the Xbox 360. Finished the main quest and now doing some of the extra ones. Got Borderlands a few days ago, so may get into that, or Batman: Arkham Asylum. Been sitting on the self for a couple of months and the superhero game thread has got me thinking about it again. The upcoming Transformer: War for Cybertron looks like it could be interesting. Just saw a trailer for a new Laura Croft game that has a Diablo feel to it.

Started Heavenly Sword on the PS3. So far, not bad. Looks beautiful. Always impressed by the quality of some of the games on the PS3. Infamous blew me away.

Got Tatsunoko vs. Capcom for the Wii, but want to finish Super Mario Bros. first.

The problem with the Wii and PS3 is that they are hooked up in the living room and I usually game after the kids go to bed. The Xbox is in the office where I can't wake them, so it gets more game time.

Back to Top profile | search | www

John Leach
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 18 May 2010 at 5:35pm | IP Logged | 2 post reply

For budget reasons, I usually end up playing older, used games, so right now I'm going through Burnout Paradise and Fable II on my 360.  I loved Fallout 3, got it for my birthday last year and played it for a long time.

Matt Reed
Byrne Robotics Security
Robotmod

Posted: 18 May 2010 at 5:44pm | IP Logged | 3 post reply

Recently got Fallout 3: Game of the Year Edition.  Really enjoying that.

Revved up to buy Red Dead Revolver either tomorrow or the day after.  Been waiting for a really good open world Western and from the reviews, as well as playing GTA by Rockstar (the same makers), I'm looking forward to it. 

Last year I was playing Far Cry 2.  Fun game, but I got out of it after awhile.  Totally enjoyed Uncharted 2, Infamous, and Batman: Arkham Asylum. 

Back to Top profile | search

Stephen Churay
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 18 May 2010 at 5:49pm | IP Logged | 4 post reply

My Sega Master System still works. I love me some Space Harrier.
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Matt Reed
Byrne Robotics Security
Robotmod

Posted: 18 May 2010 at 5:53pm | IP Logged | 5 post reply

As far as systems go, I'm all PS3 all the time.  I do own a Wii and have enjoyed it, but don't play it nearly as much as I do my PS3.  I've also got my original Atari 2600, Sega Genesis, PSOne and 2, although none of those are currently hooked up. In the past I've had a ton of fun hooking up my 2600 and playing some of the games that I still enjoy, which turn out to be quite a few.  Haven't tried hooking it up to an HD TV yet for fear that it'll look pretty crappy, so that's why I've still got an old tube set laying around.

Marc M. Woolman
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 18 May 2010 at 6:55pm | IP Logged | 6 post reply

"I've also got my original Atari 2600, Sega Genesis, PSOne and 2"
This is the coolest thing I've read in quite a while! Bravo sir, I salute you. :)
(I will always have fond memories of my Sega Genesis days)

Didier Yvon Paul Fayolle
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 18 May 2010 at 9:08pm | IP Logged | 7 post reply

My son ( almost 6 ) and me are fighting for the PSP. He wants to play the Lego Indiana Jones, I want to play Ghostbusters.

I still don't want a Wii...

Brian Floyd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 18 May 2010 at 9:20pm | IP Logged | 8 post reply

Can't afford a next gen system, so I'm still trudging along with my PS2. If I could afford it, I'd get a Playstation 3 and an X-Box 360. I was anti-original X-Box, but the 360 has a bunch of RPGs I'd like to play. (I'm primarily into RPGs and fighting games, ala the Tekken series) I'm most upset I can't play the current Final Fantasy game, as it looks to be the best one since FF X.

I picked up Shin Megami Tensei Devil Summoner 2 (Raidou Kuzunoha vs. King Abaddon) a while back but barely started it and haven't been in the mood to play it. I actually picked up Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 and  Sakura Wars: So Long, My Love and finished those after buying Devil Summoner 2.

On my computer, I have The Last Remnant and Jade Empire that I bought off Steam and need to complete, and I have Mass Effect 2 (boxed edition; I pre-ordered at Gamestop) which I've played through several times with different character classes (Have played it through as an Infiltrator twice (two different characters, one male, one female); my only character imported from the first game was a Vanguard). I haven't played any of the downloadable content from the Firewalker pack on (I'm not sure if I'm willing to shell out money for the pay content, and I'm mad they made Kasumi, the last squad member, pay content)

And I'm still playing the Champions Online MMO. May shut it down and reactivate my World of Warcraft account (shut it down in January) once the Cataclysm expansion comes out, which may be in July. I'm mostly Alliance, on Whisperwind, if anyone else plays. (I do have Horde characters, but my favorite is a Tauren Deathknight on an RP server (Steamwheedle Cartel), and I don't use the two I have on Whisperwind much. My Orc Warrior is only 14 or 15 and will be getting deleted if I go back, so I can make a Worgen character in Cataclysm. The other is a Blood Elf Mage in the early to mid 20s. Whisperwind is an Alliance heavy server, so there's rarely anyone to play with Horde-side and I hate soloing all the time)

I have almost 0 interest in trying DC Universe Online, due it being run by Sony Online Entertainment. They're one of the main reasons I quit Everquest after playing it for about 3 years total (Played 6 months or so, quit for a few months due to financial reasons, then went back for a little under 2 and a half years and quit for good during the Gates of Discord expansion; went back once during a free account reactivation and it was sad! (Only played two days of a free week)

Edited by Brian Floyd on 18 May 2010 at 9:28pm

Taavi Suhonen
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 19 May 2010 at 1:15am | IP Logged | 9 post reply

I recently got Lego Batman for Wii from a sale and it's been fun. I haven't bought Sakura Wars: So Long My Love yet, because the Wii version didn't include the extra disc with the Japanese voice acting - I'm holding out for the price to drop a bit.

I'm not using my DS as much as I'd like to - one of the hinges holding the top screen cracked, so I'll have to get a replacement casing for it soon. I now use it just for small amounts of Pokémon Soul Silver (main quest completed, so mostly just level grinding my Pokémon and looking for any species I don't have), though I picked up Henry Hatsworth in the Puzzling Adventure recently from a sale - it's a platformer/puzzle game hybrid, starring an Engli... I mean, Tealandish gentleman adventurer who can also summon a giant robot to help out.

Of course, I've always got my library of games for NES, SNES, N64, GameCube, Mega Drive (Genesis), Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Boy Advance and WonderSwan Color to fall back on.

David Ferguson
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 19 May 2010 at 5:22am | IP Logged | 10 post reply

I'm on Tekken 6 on the PS3. Next up is Final Fantasy XIII. 

Bill Mimbu
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 19 May 2010 at 6:13am | IP Logged | 11 post reply

Currently working through Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness on the PSP.  I have Disgaea 2 for the PS2, but also picked up the PSP version to be played during future flights and convention line waits.  I do occasionally go back and play some of the old PSOne titles, like FFVII, FFVIII, and Xenogears.

Will most likely get a PS3 about the same time I get an HD TV (whenever my current STD Def TV decides to burn out).

Dwayne Gassmann
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 19 May 2010 at 2:45pm | IP Logged | 12 post reply

I'm going through Burnout Paradise and Fable II...

I was really surprised by Burnout Paradise. Not your typical racing game, which is what I like. And Fable II was a lot of fun. I played it twice.

Craig Markley
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 19 May 2010 at 2:53pm | IP Logged | 13 post reply

I've kept all my game systems.  Only the PS3 and Wii are hooked up.

Atari 2600
Intellevision
Colecovision
Sega Genesis
NES
SNES
N64
GameCube
Playstation
PS2
PS3
Wii

Glenn Brenner
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 19 May 2010 at 5:50pm | IP Logged | 14 post reply

I loooooooove Borderlands. I don't I've ever played a game so much in my life. Other than that, I've been playing Nier, Yakuza 3 and just got Red Dead Revolver.

Matt Reed
Byrne Robotics Security
Robotmod

Posted: 20 May 2010 at 8:38am | IP Logged | 15 post reply

If my thirty minutes on RED DEAD REVOLVER yesterday is any indication, it's going to be a fantastic game.  If you're a fan of GTA, this is very similar in gameplay and the story seems to be every bit as engrossing and complex as GTA IV.  Really looking forward to getting deeper into it.

Brian Floyd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 20 May 2010 at 9:18am | IP Logged | 16 post reply

You mean RED DEAD REDEMPTION? REVOLVER was the first game, and came out in 2004. REDEMPTION is the sequel.

Matt Reed
Byrne Robotics Security
Robotmod

Posted: 20 May 2010 at 9:20am | IP Logged | 17 post reply

Of course.  REDEMPTION.

Matt Reed
Byrne Robotics Security
Robotmod

Posted: 21 May 2010 at 10:07am | IP Logged | 18 post reply

OK.  Played even more REDEMPTION last night.  Fantastic game.  Totally engrossing.  Whether you play the main game or wander the fairly large open world and encounter all manner of friend and foe, it's really terrific.  The graphics are seamless and quite beautiful as well.

Vinny Valenti
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 21 May 2010 at 1:45pm | IP Logged | 19 post reply

I have owned the following:

Atari 2600
Atari 5200
Sega Genesis
Sega CD-X (traded my Genesis for this - a rare combination Sega Genesis/Sega CD in a portable CD player form factor)
Sega 32-X (Don't laugh)
Sega Saturn (You better not laugh - it failed but really was the best place to go for shooters and Capcom arcade ports)
Sega Dreamcast (Ditto - shame about this one, in many ways it was superior to the PS2, but Sega burned too many people with the the previous 2 systems above that many never gave it a chance)
PS2
X-Box
X-Box 360
PS3

Nintendo Game Boy
Nintendo DS Lite
Sony PSP

Note that I have never once owned a Nintendo console system. It always seemed to have the stigma of "Kiddie games" to me. Clearly I was more of a Sega-head. I did make the exception with the 2 portable systems above, though.

Michael Tortorice
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 22 May 2010 at 7:28pm | IP Logged | 20 post reply

Playing Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion on the 360 as I type this. Once I got a little way into it, I couldn't stop. Similar story with Fallout 3. I got to the beginning of Broken Steel and started over. Too many things I missed out on the first time around (I love those unique weapons).

Between those two, it marked the end for World of Warcraft. I'm a solo-er anyway, so I wasn't going to get much farther. I'm payed up til August, so who knows, I might actually go back.

Edited by Michael Tortorice on 22 May 2010 at 7:29pm

Thomas Woods
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 22 May 2010 at 10:28pm | IP Logged | 21 post reply

I'm jumping between playing skermishes in Company of Heroes and Mass Effect 2.  

Emery Calame
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 23 May 2010 at 5:26pm | IP Logged | 22 post reply

I preordered Mario Galaxy 2 with $20 off my next game order at Amazon. They claim they shipped it yesterday.

I'm also stupidly looking forward to the Transformers:War for Cybertron, and Crackdown 2 this summer, Halo:Reach in September, and Fallout: New Vegas in November.

Edited by Emery Calame on 23 May 2010 at 5:27pm

Dwayne Gassmann
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 08 June 2010 at 6:25pm | IP Logged | 23 post reply

Started playing Borderlands and it is a lot of fun. Ordered the add-ons today because I had a $10 coupon from GameStop.

My son and I are also looking forward to the Transformers game, but I usually take a wait and see with most new releases. Games still aren't that cheap when they first hit the shelves.

I also read a story today about a new Spider-Man game that is coming. I have to admit I have never played a Spider-Man game unless you include the Ultimate Alliance ones. I like the idea and the trailer has my attention. The only thing that bothers me is it looks like the last one could be the zombie world. If that is the case, I may pass on it.

Edited by Dwayne Gassmann on 15 June 2010 at 10:47pm

Marc M. Woolman
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 08 June 2010 at 6:51pm | IP Logged | 24 post reply

Anyone know of a good fishing game for the PS3? I'd love to get one for my brother. 

Mike Howell
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 08 June 2010 at 6:57pm | IP Logged | 25 post reply

Borderlands is a lot of fun. I lost a lot of sleep over it from not wanting to stop.

The new Spider-Man game has 3 worlds so far. The main Marvel universe, the Marvel 2099 universe and the Marvel Noir universe set in the 1930's. One world left to be announced. While it could be the Marvel Zombie universe I think that is unlikely based on the storyline. I'm guessing and hoping it's the Marvel 1602 universe.

Dan Slott if I recall wrote the storyline for the game and he's a member here and maybe if we are lucky he'll give us a hint as to which world is left to be announced.

Edited by Mike Howell on 08 June 2010 at 7:03pm

Page of 65 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version