Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
TV
Byrne Robotics > TV << Prev Page of 262 Next >>
Topic: What disc did you have in last and... (TV Edition) Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 27 April 2014 at 8:45am | IP Logged | 1 post reply

NEWHART had already been 'good but not great', but when Peter Scolari joined in season 3, everything really clicked.
I always liked Larry and the Darryls, although one can see why not everybody did!
Back to Top profile | search

Tim O Neill
Byrne Robotics Security

Posted: 27 April 2014 at 12:18pm | IP Logged | 2 post reply

I'm really looking forward to NEWHART season three and beyond.

James Best
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 28 April 2014 at 1:24pm | IP Logged | 3 post reply

My missus and I are giving UNDER THE DOME a try. We rented season 1 cheap on DVD and watched the pilot episode last night. Looked okay, so we will see if the remaining 12 episodes can keep our attention. If so, we may catch season 2 when it airs on CBS on June 30th.

Understand from reading other sites that the storyline of the TV show was modified from what Stephen King published in his novel. But given that Mr. King is the executive producer for the show I guess the changes received his blessings.

Steve De Young
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 01 May 2014 at 7:47pm | IP Logged | 4 post reply

Just finished watching The Practice: The Final Season, aka Boston Legal Season Zero.

I got it to vote with my wallet for more of The Practice on DVD, and boy do I miss that show now. It wasn't even that long ago that someone made a show on network television that was actually about something.

This season was also a testament to the acting talents of James Spader, William Shatner, and a few others, playing the characters they'd go on to play on Boston Legal, but introduced here in what was a (sometimes very heavy) drama. That said, these are identifiably the same characters, and having rewatched Boston Legal recently, its amazing the way in which they were to subtly nuance and grow those characters over this season of the Practice and five seasons of BL.

I was kinda grumpy that they chose to just release this season, rather than putting out, say, the whole series of The Practice, but actually, I think it makes a good introduction to both the Practice and Boston Legal for people who haven't seen either or both. Hopefully people who like Spader on Blacklist and in Avengers 2 will pick this up and it'll generate enough interest to get the rest of the Practice released.

Matt Reed
Byrne Robotics Security
Robotmod

Posted: 02 May 2014 at 7:17am | IP Logged | 5 post reply

Based on your recommendation in the TV on DVD thread, Steve, I found that season on the cheap via a Barnes and Noble sale this week.  Should arrive tomorrow.  Looking forward to it!

Brian O'Neill
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 02 May 2014 at 2:34pm | IP Logged | 6 post reply

Stephen King has written the first episode of DOME's second season, so he's more than okay with the 'modifications' from the original.

John Byrne
Imaginary X-Man

Posted: 02 May 2014 at 9:44pm | IP Logged | 7 post reply

Tried the first episode of EUReKA tonight, after having been underwhelmed by the pilot. Didn't even get halfway thru. After being instantly won over by WAREHOUSE 13, I guess I'm just not in the mood for a show that may be an "acquired taste."

Petter Myhr Ness
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 03 May 2014 at 6:20am | IP Logged | 8 post reply

Just finished HOUSE OF CARDS season 2. Not as good as the first season, but still excellent entertainment. Kevin Spacey is on fine form. 

David Ferguson
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 12 May 2014 at 6:46am | IP Logged | 9 post reply

THE DEADLY ASSASSIN - A Tom Baker Doctor Who episode. Pretty good but I think Baker's likeability carries this one over the line into pretty good.

James Best
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 12 May 2014 at 3:25pm | IP Logged | 10 post reply

Checking out the first season of NORTHERN EXPOSURE from back in 1990. My missus and I remember watching the show once in a while back but decided to check out the episodes we missed.

I remember the show for two reasons. It was one of the first TV shows of the 90s whose premise involved its lead character being a "fish-out-of-water." I seem to remember other networks copying it once NE became a hit as a mid season replacement... Second, I had forgotten how attractive Janine Turner was onscreen :-)   

John Byrne
Imaginary X-Man

Posted: 12 May 2014 at 6:25pm | IP Logged | 11 post reply

More VEEP. I wonder how long they can go with this show?

Shaun Barry
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 May 2014 at 7:38pm | IP Logged | 12 post reply

Started rewatching FREAKS & GEEKS... amazing how well they captured the look & feel of mid-western American life in the late '70s/early '80s.

Some lament the fact that this was cancelled too soon... instead of looking at it as a failed TV series, I like to view it as one glorious 18-hour movie!

<< Prev Page of 262 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version