Nobody likes rules, but we here in the JBF have found it necessary to create these in response to specific situations. So..:
|Posted: 22 October 2008 at 1:42pm | IP Logged | 1
• Make sure your thread titles identify the subject. JB does deliberately obscure titles for the commissions he posts, as a gag, but yours should make clear the topic of your thread.
• Do Not respond to posts/questions directly addressed to other Forum members until they have had the opportunity to respond.
• Do Not pose "multiple choice" questions, as "Did you do such and such because of blah, or because of blah blah?" A simple "Why did you do such and such" will suffice!
• Do Not post self-promotional threads or messages of any kind.
• Do Not start thread discussing or promoting new books/titles JB has not worked on. Use "Pull List" and/or "What Did You Read" threads for this.
• Do Not upload more than three graphics per post. Have some sympathy for those who might be on slower computers.
• Do Not start deliberately negative threads. Don't post just to bash.
• Do Not start a new thread until you have made sure there is no other thread already covering that topic. Use the SEARCH function if necessary.
• Do Not start threads about urban legends. Check their veracity!! (Try to keep this nonsense out of posts in other threads, too, please!)
• Do Not start threads asking JB questions until you have checked the FAQs. There are a lot of answers there!
• Do Not post colored versions of JB's black and white art.
• Do Not post outside the various areas/sections created for that purpose. Sports in SPORTS, movies in MOVIES, TV in TV, etc.
• Do Not post responses that come down to "I don't know."
• Do Not quote entire posts in order to respond to part of that post. Cut and paste the part you are responding to.
• Do Not use "John" or "JB" when addressing or quoting anyone other than Our Host. There are a lot of "Johns" and several "JBs" on the Forum. Make sure you distinguish which you mean!
• Do Not ask why a post or thread has been deleted. There was a reason.
Oh, and PLEASE…
• Do Not start threads just because some celebrity has bared her boobs!!