Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum
Byrne Robotics > The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 94 Next >>
Topic: Customizing Statues and Action Figures Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 17 September 2008 at 9:49pm | IP Logged | 1 post reply

Ryan wrote:
The Silver Surfer is like My Little Pony for My Little Ponies.

Damn, Ryan, rarely do I ever physically laugh out loud at anything I read online, but you managed it.

And awesome Galactapony, Jodi. (Or maybe Equestrus?)
Back to Top profile | search

Jodi Moisan
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 17 September 2008 at 10:30pm | IP Logged | 2 post reply

Thanks Vinny

The little pony was the hardest thing to find, I almost gave up, but I went into Goodwill (Best place to find cheap parts for customs) and found a bag of tiny farm animals that were perfect.

Back to Top profile | search | www

Fabrice Renault
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 18 September 2008 at 12:40am | IP Logged | 3 post reply

Jodi, that's awesome.

There should be a Little Pony Marvel comic to adapt the "Jodiverse". That would be the perfect comic for Dads that want to buy a comic for their daughter (like me...)

F.

Peter Svensson
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 18 September 2008 at 1:00am | IP Logged | 4 post reply

Wow. Mind if I show that to folks on another forum I hang out on? Credited to you of course. Because that's just plain awesome. 
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Jodi Moisan
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 18 September 2008 at 5:33am | IP Logged | 5 post reply

"Jodiverse". 

Man that sent shivers down some peoples spine. LOL

Fabrice you know when I was growing up Harvey comics did a bunch of comics that were great for little girls, they weren't trying to sell a product, like Barbies , Bratz or High School the Musical, they were made for sheer fun. They made me love comics as a kid. I agree it's hard to find comics that are for little girls today.

Peter feel free to post them , I am honored you feel they are good enough to want to.

Brian Talley
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 18 September 2008 at 7:23am | IP Logged | 6 post reply

Just curious, Jodi.....how many hours do you invest in doing a pony? You could be looking at a nice lucrative business doing commissions.

John Bodin
Byrne Robotics Member
Purveyor of Rare Items

Posted: 18 September 2008 at 7:40am | IP Logged | 7 post reply

BRILLIANT work, Jodi -- really amazing!  The surfer pony is the perfect finishing touch -- nicely done!
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Jodi Moisan
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 19 September 2008 at 10:28pm | IP Logged | 8 post reply

Just curious, Jodi.....how many hours do you invest in doing a pony? You could be looking at a nice lucrative business doing commissions.

A long time, but I do it during my down time while I watch a movie, so I don't keep track exactly. Galactus took forever because I had started him then stopped because of my arm, I just did a little here and there when I was feeling pretty good. They are so much fun to do, I wish my arm was at 100%.

BRILLIANT work, Jodi -- really amazing!  The surfer pony is the perfect finishing touch -- nicely done!

Means a lot, from a fellow customizer I admire. You, Lars, Steve and Greg always do such great work you set the bar pretty high.

Al here is She-Hulk FF, She has black hair but there is green through out. I hope you weren't expecting me to do her big boobs, these are PG ponies.

Edited by Jodi Moisan on 19 September 2008 at 10:31pm

Charles Jensen
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 19 September 2008 at 10:36pm | IP Logged | 9 post reply

Jodi, you should do a tutorial on how you make these. How do you get the dark lines on?

What kind of paint did you use on the Galactus version. It looks very metallic. That's exactly how I envisioned a movie Galactus. It looks like anodized aluminum.
Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

Jodi Moisan
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 19 September 2008 at 10:52pm | IP Logged | 10 post reply

The Black lines are with a XS Pitt pen, I used "Folk Art" Brand Acrylic Paint Metallic Plum and Rose on Galactus, I first put a flat base coat then went over with the metallic, I mixed the rose and plum to get the right color. The Metallic covers really well, I watered it down to put like a light metalic coat on some parts I didn't want, to be as shiny. I learned this because the head I had painted the look of  indentations on Galactus and when I put the metallic on, it covered it up completely, so I had to redo. But I love the metalic paints , very nice look.

I got all the paints at Hobby Lobby for around a buck a piece. I used the Heroclix Galactus for a model and I used a picture I found on google that looked metallic that I liked for the colors.

*Next I am doing the rest of the FF, so I won't be posting another for a while.

Edited by Jodi Moisan on 19 September 2008 at 10:54pm

Charles Jensen
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 19 September 2008 at 11:08pm | IP Logged | 11 post reply

Thanks for all the great info, Jodi. I am amazed you did that with pens. If you mess up part of the black lines is there some way you can clean it off and re-do it?
Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

Jodi Moisan
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 19 September 2008 at 11:20pm | IP Logged | 12 post reply

Thanks for all the great info, Jodi.

No problem, that is the thing I like most about customizing, people that do it are usually so good about sharing tips, people have saved me some big headaches, so I like to pay it forward.  

I usually just repaint where I mess up, if I am making a custom color I use the little paint pots with lids to store it , just in case I do mess up. But if you do it quick enough, you can sometimes wipe it off when it's on the metallic paint. 

If you have any other questions post them here, if I don't know the answer someone on here will.

<< Prev Page of 94 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version