Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 18 February 2017 at 11:00am | IP Logged | 1 post reply

Dang, two big losses in a row.
Back to Top profile | search

Brian Floyd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 18 February 2017 at 11:02am | IP Logged | 2 post reply

Three wrestler deaths in one week or so. As I posted before, Chavo Guerrero Sr died on the 10th or 11th.
Back to Top profile | search | email

Tim Cousar
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 18 February 2017 at 2:49pm | IP Logged | 3 post reply

Nicole Bass, too.

Brian Floyd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 18 February 2017 at 3:14pm | IP Logged | 4 post reply

I hadn't heard about her dying. 

Damn.

Anthony J Lombardi
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 18 February 2017 at 4:25pm | IP Logged | 5 post reply

The Russian Bear Ivan Koloff died today.

John Popa
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 22 February 2017 at 7:36am | IP Logged | 6 post reply

Russians made for great heels and Koloff was the best and most convincing of them (and, of course, wasn't Russian at all.) Rest in peace.

Charles Valderrama
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 08 March 2017 at 10:29am | IP Logged | 7 post reply

More sad news.... former WWE and NWA wrestler "Outlaw" Ron Bass passed away on Tuesday at the age of 68.

-C!
Back to Top profile | search | www

John Popa
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 20 March 2017 at 11:55am | IP Logged | 8 post reply

Jim Cornette himself will be returning to WWE TV to induct the Rock and Roll Express into the WWE Hall of Fame.

Hopefully, this means icy waters will thaw just enough to let Cornette get the induction he so richly deserves.

Brian Floyd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 21 March 2017 at 4:01pm | IP Logged | 9 post reply

Good to hear.

This is easily one of the best induction classes they've had in years, aside from Beth Phoenix. And that's not a knock on her. Its just that there are other women not in yet who belong in more than she does.

Have they said who is inducting Rick Rude yet? If they did, I missed hearing or reading it.

Tim Cousar
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 21 March 2017 at 6:50pm | IP Logged | 10 post reply

I've read that Steamboat will induct Rude.

Michael Casselman
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 22 March 2017 at 9:21am | IP Logged | 11 post reply

Cena will be inducting Angle, Bischoff will induct DDP, and the APA will be inducting Teddy Long.

Haven't heard who's doing the honors for Phoenix yet. I'm sure they'd have another past Diva doing it, but wouldn't be surprised if Edge got the gig to 'keep it in the family'.

ETA: Just announced this afternoon: Natalya will be inducting Beth Phoenix

Truly a loaded HOF ceremony this year.

Edited by Michael Casselman on 22 March 2017 at 12:58pm

Charles Valderrama
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 22 March 2017 at 11:23am | IP Logged | 12 post reply

WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross' wife Jan was hit this week while riding her Vespa (without her helmet). JR said she was suffering from multiple skull fractures and was undergoing surgery. As of today, she remains in critical condition. Prayers are with her and JR, friends and family.

-C!

John Popa
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 22 March 2017 at 4:28pm | IP Logged | 13 post reply

Just announced today that Natalya will induct Beth Phoenix into the HOF.

Michael Casselman
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 22 March 2017 at 6:47pm | IP Logged | 14 post reply

Jim Ross' wife didn't make it. From his Twitter: "A Priest gave my wife Jan her last rites tonight. My little Angel is gone."

John Popa
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 03 April 2017 at 8:57am | IP Logged | 15 post reply

Well, the big news out of Wrestlemania is the presumed retirement of The Undertaker, who lost to Roman Reigns and then left his gloves, coat and hat in the center of the ring before leaving.  

'Mania was almost 7 hours and it felt long.  To me, the sameness of all the matches made it drag - everyone wrestles the same match so there was nothing special about any of it.  Why is an 'unsanctioned' match between HHH and Rollins special when Styles and Shane McMahon used trash cans and worked outside the ring for long stretches of time?  

The other big news was the return of the Hardy Boyz who were added to the tag team ladder match, which they won.  The pop when they came out was great, the place seemed to be shaking and Matt especially looked thrilled to be back and to be getting the response they did.  The ladder match was pretty good as those high spot trainwreck matches go.  
The other, other big news was John Cena proposing to Nikki Bella after their mixed tag match.  I honestly thought they were already married.

Otherwise, most of the matches were fine but, again, everyone did the same basic thing which made it all feel really long.  Goldberg and Lesnar kept it short and intense, at least.  Undertaker/Reigns wasn't any good, Taker really shouldn't have been out there.  When Reigns won it really didn't even get heat, I think people were too tired to hate it as much as they might have earlier.  That or they turned the audience down, which is also possible.

No match was great, nothing was especially terrible, I don't know, it just didn't feel big enough to be Wrestlemania.  Orton and Wyatt had the worst match, I thought.  I don't think Orton was the right pick, Wyatt's far more over as a face than Orton is.  

Edited by John Popa on 03 April 2017 at 9:08am

Anthony J Lombardi
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 03 April 2017 at 10:10am | IP Logged | 16 post reply

I didn't bother watching the Undertaker match. With the exception of the Styles /Mcmahon which was satisfying enough for me. I didn't care about the rest of it.

Charles Valderrama
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 03 April 2017 at 12:21pm | IP Logged | 17 post reply

Mostly what one should expect from today's WWE product... as John detailed above. I did pop for the Hardys return with the rest of the crowd... AJ and Shane had a great match as I expected... great performance by Seth Rollins... and Goldberg and Lesnar was pretty effective without exposing any weaknesses. Taker should've retired YEARS AGO when he could've gone out with a bang, like his match with Triple H... that would've been a fine ending. This one just fell flat to me... depressing way to end a Wrestlemania card.

-C!

Anthony J Lombardi
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 03 April 2017 at 3:03pm | IP Logged | 18 post reply

I forgot to mention that I enjoyed Triple H and Rollins's match as well

Brian Floyd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 03 April 2017 at 11:56pm | IP Logged | 19 post reply

If you ask me who my absolute favorite wrestler is, depending on my mood, I'll answer either Sting or Undertaker. But....

Undertaker should probably have retired after his match with CM Punk at Wrestlemania 29. 

The streak would have been intact, and he would have left while still one of the best in the business. The streak should have been ended by someone who would have benefited greatly from the rub, NOT Brock Lesnar.

I didn't watch this year's Wrestlemania, but its clear from what I've read and heard that the match with Reigns was horrible, and not due to Reigns. I've heard Undertaker botched moves and could barely move, and reading a thread at another board that was constantly updated during the show it was obvious the match went on far too long. 

Sadly, the only two matches I want to see from this year's show are the ladder match the Hardys won, and the Andre the Giant memorial battle royal. (I'm on the fence whether I want to see the Seth Rollins vs. Triple H match or not) The others either I'm not happy with the results or I just don't care about at all. I'm not thrilled that Randy Orton won the WWE championship.

Sting's career ended due to injury vs. Seth Rollins. Undertaker's may have ended with a loss to Roman Reigns. I'm hoping that if they ever wrestle again, The Rock and Diamond Dallas Page never have a match with Dean Ambrose.

(No, the Rock and DDP aren't next on my list of favorites. But they're the next two who could conceivably still wrestle a match.)

Don't know if its true, but I've heard Undertaker may need hip replacement surgery.

Edited by Brian Floyd on 04 April 2017 at 12:01am

Charles Valderrama
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 11 April 2017 at 10:59am | IP Logged | 20 post reply

WWE's "Superstar Shakeup" was kinda lame... just a "shuffle of the deck" to provide some new match ups but nothing too exciting, especially in presentation. It continues tonight on Smackdown. (Expect Kevin Owens and Charlotte move to Smackdown.) Alexa Bliss is a fav of mine so glad to see her on Monday nights.

WWE's storyline update on Roman Reigns following last night's brutal attack by Braun Strowman notes that he is "suffering from internal injuries, cracked ribs and a possible separated shoulder".

-C!

Brian Floyd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 11 April 2017 at 10:14pm | IP Logged | 21 post reply

I didn't watch RAW, but I'm less than impressed with the switch ups, other than Alexa Bliss moving over. Curt Hawkins on RAW = yawn, and Mickie James should have remained on Smackdown. 

So what's the deal with Roman Reigns? Is this just an angle to build up Strowman as a monster/legitimate threat (only to look like a chump when an injured Reigns beats him, anyway), or is Reigns taking time off and it was an injury angle to explain his absence and have a ready made feud when he returns?

(I also wonder how much negative crowd reaction they had to pipe in during the attack. Because I bet a lot of people were cheering at Reigns getting beat up.)

Charles Valderrama
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 12 April 2017 at 3:00pm | IP Logged | 22 post reply

Speculation is that Reigns vs. Strowman may take place in an Ambulance Match or a Stretcher Match at the April 30th Payback PPV.

-C!

Brian Floyd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 12 April 2017 at 10:28pm | IP Logged | 23 post reply

So its the Strowman looks like a chump when an injured Reigns beats him thing, then.

Also, I've seen footage of the Nia Jax vs. Charlotte match. Namely the botched shoulder breaker where she dropped Charlotte on her head, and the attempted moonsault by Charlotte where Jax failed to catch her and ended up almost kicked in the head (too bad she wasn't....). How is Nia Jax not still in developmental? If Charlotte had been hurt by the head drop, Jax's career would be over with.

Anthony J Lombardi
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 17 April 2017 at 9:16pm | IP Logged | 24 post reply

Great Main Event tonight on RAW. It  was like watching the Andre the Giant vs Big John Studd matches when I was a kid. Now I want to see these to battle it out. Not Reigns and Strowman

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 221
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version