Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
Sports Talk
Byrne Robotics > Sports Talk << Prev Page of 522
Topic: The Squared Circle Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 04 October 2019 at 7:54pm | IP Logged | 1 post reply

So finally got around to watching AEW  ..... is Jericho being out of shape part of his gimmick?

Back to Top profile | search

Brian Floyd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 05 October 2019 at 4:22pm | IP Logged | 2 post reply

No idea, but sounds like he's dropped the completely serious personality he had in his last WWE run, and I'm glad. I prefer smartass Jericho.

I've only watched half of the show (partway into Page vs. Pac), because I'm waiting for someone I watched the first half with to come back over and finish. But I like what I've seen so far. 

Meant to record Smackdown, but just to see Dwayne Johnson show up. Hope it is on OnDemand when I have time to look.
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

John Popa
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 06 October 2019 at 10:29am | IP Logged | 3 post reply

I caught the AEW show.  I guess I'm a cynic but if they were trying to prove they were going to do anything different than WWE, they completely failed.  It felt like any other episode of Raw, with a thinner roster.'

I'll be much more interested in a possible Balor/Adam Cole match than anything AEW might offer up at this point. 

Edited by John Popa on 06 October 2019 at 10:33am

Brian Floyd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 09 October 2019 at 12:24pm | IP Logged | 4 post reply

A good chunk of AEW's roster has wrestled in Japan or Mexico, where wrestling is taken more seriously. Most of the WWE's current roster couldn't cut it in either country.

And you can never judge a promotion by one show, unless its absolutely horrible.

Fans were chanting "AEW!" after the garbage ending to Hell In A Cell. Considering last year's HIAC had a non-finish, I'm not surprised fans were mad enough to chant for another company after the way the latest one ended.

Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Tim Cousar
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 10 October 2019 at 7:56pm | IP Logged | 5 post reply

I just watched the first episode of NWA Powerrr and enjoyed it quite a bit. The studio looked like the old Georgia Championship Wrestling studio, the ring sounded like the old southern rings, and the tag ropes were back on the corner posts. Tim Storm is starting to look like the Bruiser or the Crusher. 

Shawn Kane
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 October 2019 at 6:17am | IP Logged | 6 post reply

I loved NWA Powerrr! Jim Cornette is rejuvenated! They have a decent little roster for the purposes of the show but I'd like to see Aldis continue going to other promotions to defend the title. He actually defended it at a local promotion that I go to all the time and he's a total pro. Unfortunately, he's hasn't really defended it against too many top wrestlers outside of the NWA's time co-promoting with Ring of Honor. 

John Harrison
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 15 October 2019 at 3:37pm | IP Logged | 7 post reply

Looks like Eric Bischoff got fired from WWE.  I have wonder if he was the scapegoat for their almost 2 million viewers lost in Week 2 of Smackdown on Fox. 

I should be super excited to be a wrestling fan right now but just cant get into AEW or WWE.  I should watch NWA Powerrr to see if that captures me.

Charles Valderrama
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 15 October 2019 at 8:58pm | IP Logged | 8 post reply

I'm still waiting for AEW and WWE to inspire better writing/storylines/feuds. Right now its to early to tell if that will happen but I'm not upset Bischoff is out. He has always been overrated in the history of WCW in my book.

NWA Powerrr! has a real ol' time feel and some solid wrestlers. Could be a nice alternative to the current shows but I hope to see some growth in the short term.

-C!
Back to Top profile | search | www

John Harrison
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 October 2019 at 1:07pm | IP Logged | 9 post reply

watched episode 2 of Powerrr on youtube color me intrigued

It was odd seeing Colt Cabana on there ... didn't he basically throw their belt down like ten years back I know I saw a documentary about it .....7 levels of hate ?

$5 Dollar wrestling also came back ... good god its so awful but I always end up laughing so hard

John Popa
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 19 October 2019 at 1:20pm | IP Logged | 10 post reply

This is absolutely the least interested in wrestling I've been in like 30 years.  Even the early 90's WWF was more interesting.  WWE is basically unwatchable, AEW is functional at best, but still exists entirely in the played out late 90's booking attitudes.  I know there are alternatives out there but, at this point, I'll just be that old fogey watching stuff from the 70's and early 80's, griping about the good ol' days.

Edited by John Popa on 19 October 2019 at 1:20pm

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 522
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version