Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
Sports Talk
Byrne Robotics > Sports Talk << Prev Page of 221 Next >>
Topic: The Squared Circle Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 June 2007 at 12:55am | IP Logged | 1 post reply

WWE truly needs...  THE ROCK to return.  He was fun and electic.  Any luck on the BO numbers for StoneCold's movie?
Back to Top profile | search

Ron Sluyter
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 June 2007 at 12:09pm | IP Logged | 2 post reply

I actually went to Stone Colds movie.  I put it in the awesomely bad category, what a trainwreck. 

I think when I saw Sting put on an NWO shirt, I turned off WCW for good, it was a total mess at that point.

So the Vince is dead storyline will play out until Vince comes back and says he faked his death for some reason.  Yawn... 

Brian Floyd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 June 2007 at 12:16pm | IP Logged | 3 post reply

Two things:

Don't blame Bret for not being able to transition to another organization. He was horribly misused by the bookers, screwed over by politics, then suffered career ending concussions.

I don't think the Rock will ever come back. At least, not in a wrestling role. One thing he got disgusted about, and I don't blame him for it, is that everytime he'd put someone over by wrestling them and either jobbing to them or making them look damn good before he finally defeated them or by putting them over on the mic, they'd be squashed by Triple-H within a couple of weeks, if not sooner. (See the Hurricane, for example)

Ron, Sting never did join the real nWo; it was all a swerve on them, as he decked Hogan after Hogan hugged him, then revealed he had really joined the Wolfpac.

Back to Top profile | search | email

Ron Sluyter
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 June 2007 at 1:36pm | IP Logged | 4 post reply

I started to lose real interest in WCW at that time when the NWO became a total mess, as discussed in earlier comments here.  Making Sting a part of any NWO faction, good or bad, went against everything they built that character up for.

Sam Karns
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 June 2007 at 9:08pm | IP Logged | 5 post reply

Ron, Sting never did join the real nWo; it was all a swerve on them, as he decked Hogan after Hogan hugged him, then revealed he had really joined the Wolfpac.

Ugh!  I actually remember that. 

I think HHH has been the cancer for the WWE; he's hogged the spotlight too long and his rhetoric has become boring.  After he went away the WWE has in some ways now depend on him and that's a true shame.  Maybe they should hire Y2J.

Brian Floyd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 15 June 2007 at 1:03am | IP Logged | 6 post reply

The rumor going around about why they've done the suspension angle with Ashley on Smackdown is that she's taking time off and is going to be on Survivor. I'm sooo glad that I haven't paid much attention to that show since the second season....

Sam, the problem is that since HHH is Vince's son-in-law, we're going to have to put up with his crap for a long time to come unless he gets divorced or something. In fact, the current word is that the reason that Resthold Randy is being pushed right now instead of punished is because HHH wants to work a program with him when he returns, since they moved Edge to Smackdown. (This will be one of the very few cases where I actually hope HHH does bury someone.....)

John Griggs Jr
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 15 June 2007 at 1:42pm | IP Logged | 7 post reply

Dave Meltzer and PWInsider.com are reporting that WWE Hall of Famer Sherri Martel, real name Sherri Russell, passed away this morning at her home. Martel was only 49 years old. No other details are available at the moment. Police are currently investigating the situation with her husband at her residence.

Sean Mulligan
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 15 June 2007 at 2:58pm | IP Logged | 8 post reply

That's a real shame.  Sensational Sherri was a fine wrestler, and could have been as good as Moolah if she hadn't made the transition to manager.  But it worked out just fine, because I liked her as a manager too.  

Richard Fisher
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 15 June 2007 at 9:59pm | IP Logged | 9 post reply

Oh Crap. Sherri died, that sucks. I really liked her, she was one of the few female wrestlers who looked good and could wrestle.

Ron Sluyter
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 June 2007 at 8:30pm | IP Logged | 10 post reply

Please post if you hear what she died from.  I always respected her as a women wrestler/manager who really loved the business and wasn't a part of it to advance an acting or modeling career like it seems todays women wrestlers are in it for.  This is really sad news, way too young.  All lot of wrestlers cannot seem to make it out of their 40's, I really hope the younger wrestlers take note of this and live a cleaner lifestyle.   

Brian Floyd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 June 2007 at 11:40pm | IP Logged | 11 post reply

All that is known so far is that she was visiting her mother in Alabama when she died (Sherri lived in Florida)

John Griggs Jr
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 17 June 2007 at 11:25am | IP Logged | 12 post reply

The supplemental draft continues at WWE.com with the following draft picks already being revealed:

Pick No. 1: Raw selects Paul London & Brian Kendrick
Pick No. 2: SmackDown selects Kenny Dykstra
Pick No. 3: ECW selects Viscera

John Griggs Jr
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 17 June 2007 at 11:51am | IP Logged | 13 post reply

Pick #1 - The Great Khali (to Smackdown)
Pick #2 - The Boogeyman (to ECW)
Pick #3 - King Booker with Sharmell (to Raw)
Pick #4 - Chris Benoit (to ECW)
Pick #5 - Torrie Wilson (to Smackdown)
Pick #6- Chris Masters (to Smackdown)
Pick #7 - Bobby Lashley (to Raw)
Pick #8 - Ric Flair (to Smackdown)
Pick #9 - Snitsky (to Raw)
Pick #10 - Mr. Kennedy (to Raw)
Pick #11 - Brian Kendrick (to Raw)
Pick #12 - Paul London (to Raw)
Pick #13 - Kenny Dykstra (to Smackdown)
Pick #14 - Viscera (to ECW)
Pick #15 - The Sandman (to RAW)
Pick #16 - Bob Holly (to Smackdown)
Pick #17 - The Miz (to ECW)
Pick #18 - Daivari (to RAW)
Pick #19 - The Major Brothers (to Smackdown)
Pick #20 - William Regal (to Raw)
Pick #21 - Victoria (to Smackdown)
Pick #22 - Jillian Hall (to RAW)
Pick #23 - Eugene (to Smackdown)
Pick #24 - Johnny Nitro (to ECW)

Edited by John Griggs Jr on 18 June 2007 at 1:16am

Ron Sluyter
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 17 June 2007 at 3:46pm | IP Logged | 14 post reply

The Sandman on Raw, I like it !!  How many people will think he stole Stone Cold's gimmick??

Sam Karns
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 17 June 2007 at 7:12pm | IP Logged | 15 post reply

Probably none.  These Stone Cold junkies will never admit where it came from until Stone Cold admits it.  Austin won't bacause Sandman was not his idol, he was a boring blond premadonna who couldn't carry a show until Vince reinvented him by stealing everything Sandman was. 

I remember when I was little Hulkamaniac and my dad kept calling the GOW "Jesse Jr." and I would turn purple or pump my self up Hulkamania style because I was too naive to see it until Hogan himself admitted it and spoke freely that Jesse The Body Ventura was his idol years later.  If he said admitted that when I was a toddler, I think my little head would explode.

++++

Sad it hear about Sherri Martel, she was a woman I love to see get her ass kicked.  She could wrestle and showed skin if the event was appropriate for the occassion like a PPV event.  Now it's part of these strippers turn wrestlers outfits.  I love chics like every other warm, blooded male but there something cool about waiting patiently to see a woman's body.

Here's an example: 

http://youtube.com/watch?v=wdTGHo5XWz8&mode=related& search=

Note: Ivory never was seen with her clothes off.  Good show, but this was also responsible for things to come.   

+++++

The supplemental draft continues at WWE.com with the following draft picks already being revealed:

John, I still think the WWE should not separate the two shows but instead have all the wrestlers have matches through all the entities.  Create storylines which would build through both shows and conclude after a PPV.  Every wrestler appear the same, I can't tell the difference between Umaga and the Great Khali.  There are 3 versions of JBL and every Champion suffers from PRS Post, Rock, Syndrome. 

Check out the list here:

http://www.wwe.com/superstars/raw/

I think the problem truly lies from the list of Superstars.  Oh and HBK should find something else to do.  Like be a president of the WWE or a cowboy or whatever thing they love regurgitating with Mick Foley.  "Been there done that"--Michaels should leave.

John Griggs Jr
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 18 June 2007 at 11:23am | IP Logged | 16 post reply

On his Wrestling Observer Live radio show Sunday night, Dave Meltzer stated that Sherri Martel didn't die of natural causes. According to Meltzer, "This was not a typical wrestler's death," "Not a suicide," and "She did not die of natural causes." The case is currently under investigation by law enforcement. Police were in abundance at Martel's mother's residence in Birmingham, Alabama where the WWE Hall of Famer was found dead Friday morning, according to her husband of 10 years, Robert Schrull. Meltzer knows more about the situation at hand, but he didn't want to specifically say anything until he has more information on the case. Meltzer plans on talking to the police later today to gather more information regarding her sudden death.

Paul Greer
Byrne Robotics Security

Posted: 19 June 2007 at 2:39pm | IP Logged | 17 post reply

It is very sad news to hear about Sherri Martel. She was the greatest female manager of all time. It just magnifies how tasteless the fake death of Vince really is.

It looks like Smackdown (which has been my favorite WWE show) was robbed of a lot of its great talent. Regal, Booker, Kennedy, Kendrick, London, and Benoit all replaced by crap and a way too old Ric Flair.

Mike Baswell
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 19 June 2007 at 3:03pm | IP Logged | 18 post reply

Sad to hear about Sherri. Too many of that era have passed away.

Hey, since this has become the de facto wrestling thread of the JBF, does
anyone know what became of the Kat? Most sites that formerly had listings
about her have them removed at her request.
Back to Top profile | search | www | email

Paul Greer
Byrne Robotics Security

Posted: 19 June 2007 at 8:14pm | IP Logged | 19 post reply

I hear she works as a real estate agent.

Mike Baswell
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 20 June 2007 at 6:38am | IP Logged | 20 post reply

Wow! I guess she's just done a complete 180 degree turn.
Back to Top profile | search | www | email

Sam Karns
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 21 June 2007 at 1:25am | IP Logged | 21 post reply

I hear she works as a real estate agent.

WHAT!?!  Miss Kitty's a real estate agent?  Is she still with Jerry Lawler or breaking up with her was part of the deal in getting his job through good ol' dummy (JIM ROSS)? 

Brian Floyd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 21 June 2007 at 4:39am | IP Logged | 22 post reply

She hasn't been with Lawler in years. 

Tim Gillespie
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 23 June 2007 at 10:52am | IP Logged | 23 post reply

Does anyone know why Randy Savage is so far on the outs with WWE? I've read a number of articles recently (including one just yesterday) that claim that whenever Savage's name is brought up, WWE management vehemently dismisses using him for anything. He should've been in the HOF by now. I'm not aware of him doing anything that would make him such a pariah for the company. Hogan, Piper, Hall, Nash - even Sable were eventually brought back to the company, but not Savage.

Of course it's possible that Savage has no interest in doing anything for WWE, but everything I've read always empathizes their objection to him.

Richard Fisher
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 23 June 2007 at 3:01pm | IP Logged | 24 post reply

The Kat and Lawler divorced a long time ago. Lawler talks about it in his book.

(was I the only one who wanted to see a match between The Kat and Ernest the Cat Miller?)

I'm with Tim about Savage, with the possible exception of Medusa, he might be the most hated former star in the WWE now.

Brian Floyd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 23 June 2007 at 4:55pm | IP Logged | 25 post reply

No one knows the real reason why Macho Man is on the outs with the WWE, or even if he really is for sure, but the biggest rumor is that he tried to molest Stephanie (keep in mind she was a kid or in her early teens last time Savage was in the WWE). My guess is that the real reason more than likely has to with Hogan and Savage's problems with each other and that they'd prefer to not upset Hogan by using Savage for anything.

<< Prev Page of 221 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version