Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
Sports Talk
Byrne Robotics > Sports Talk << Prev Page of 526 Next >>
Topic: The Squared Circle Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 23 June 2010 at 5:57pm | IP Logged | 1 post reply

I "You tubed" Monday NIght Raw after it went of the air. NXT came back to work on Cena and a few guys fromthe locker room came after them. When Orton's music played, the crowd went nuts.

After the ring emptied, Orton played to crowed for a few minutes and the crowd was loving it. This guy is completely over with the fans. I know he's injured at the moment, but I hope the WWE does not drop the ball with him

Back to Top profile | search

Jeff Priester
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 23 June 2010 at 6:00pm | IP Logged | 2 post reply

One thing I have to admit about Wade Barret, he is good on the mike. I find Otunga's voice truly annoying.

Mike Howell
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 23 June 2010 at 6:35pm | IP Logged | 3 post reply

Wade is quite good. Even if it was just for the show, I think having Jericho as his mentor probably helped him a lot in that regard. Plus the accent. He reminds me of William Regal on the mic and Regal is really good at promos too.

Jeff Priester
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 25 June 2010 at 5:12am | IP Logged | 4 post reply

I went to Toys r Us  in Midtown yesterday to a bit of shopping, and lo an behold what do I see... a NXT banner in the WWE toy section.

I think its safe to say, the WWE is going to run with this for a while.

John Popa
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 28 June 2010 at 7:55pm | IP Logged | 5 post reply

I remember an interview with the guys from Demolition that they said they knew Vince was behind them for the long haul when he had Jimmy Hart and Rick Derringer do a song for them.  Vince wasn't going to put that much marketing work into something he wasn't going to stick with. 

Mike Howell
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 29 June 2010 at 12:15am | IP Logged | 6 post reply

"Mike Johnson of PWInsider.com is reporting that the work visas for both Wade Barrett and Drew McIntyre have expired and both have been taken off of WWE television for the time being until their visa situations are sorted out."

That to me is mind boggling that the WWE would let that happen. Can't say I know much about work visas but I'd assume the WWE would have been aware of when the visas were to expire many months ago and could have handled it sooner.

Drew gone is bad for the whole Vince's chosen one angle but not a huge loss. Nexus losing their leader and only guy of the 7 that can really do a promo is a big loss. Hopefully things get fixed quickly.

Brian Floyd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 29 June 2010 at 1:57am | IP Logged | 7 post reply

I couldn't care less about Drew McIntyre being gone. He's an average wrestler, and the whole angle has been fairly lame. If the payoff doesn't involve Matt Hardy absolutely murdering him, then I don't see the point.

(Matt Hardy is the one wrestler on the WWE roster I wouldn't be surprised to see bolt for TNA, considering how he's been treated since the whole Edge and Lita affair.)

Frankly, if they don't get the issue with Wade Barrett resolved, they either need to give the stable a manager or end it. Because none of the others are that good on the microphone. (In fact, I want to hit `mute' whenever David Otunga, Heath Slater or Skip Sheffield are on the mic)

Back to Top profile | search e-mail

David Ferguson
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 29 June 2010 at 2:04pm | IP Logged | 8 post reply

Twenty Ideas for WWE to consider:

I agree with nearly all of them.

Brian Floyd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 29 June 2010 at 6:14pm | IP Logged | 9 post reply

I agree with almost all of them, but ESPECIALLY retiring Jerry Lawler and signing Awesome Kong.

And add Zack Ryder and Tyler Reks to the `future endeavors' list.

*edit* Forgot to mention that Undertaker and Michelle McCool got married recently.

Edited by Brian Floyd on 29 June 2010 at 6:16pm
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Mike Howell
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 01 July 2010 at 4:59pm | IP Logged | 10 post reply

Ricky Steamboat is in the hospital.

As noted earlier, Ricky Steamboat is in stable condition after a brain aneurysm suffered last night.  He was in intensive care earlier today.  Steamboat had suffered a neck injury and severe head pain legitimately stemming from the angle on Monday, although the WWE's announcement of cracked ribs was storyline.  The aneurysm is not believed to be related to the angle on Monday.  But for reasons of taste, WWE has pulled the NXT angle from its Youtube channel due to Steamboat's condition and if he's still in a bad way in a few days, I'm guessing they will downplay the footage on Raw on Monday.  He is expected to be hospitalized for some time.

Also, Drew and Wade's visa problems have been taken care of. So the WWE may have dropped the ball somewhat to let it happen but at least they fixed it fast.

David Ferguson
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 02 July 2010 at 6:55am | IP Logged | 11 post reply

Hope Ricky recovers.

Jeff Priester
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 02 July 2010 at 1:16pm | IP Logged | 12 post reply

I wish Ricky all the best.

How does everyone think the NXT angle will play out?

I haven't seen this weeks Raw (damn cable is out!) I'm curious to see where the WWE is going with them.

With the exception of Barrett, (and Danielson), the rest of those guys need a lot improvement with their ring work.  

<< Prev Page of 526 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version