Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
Sports Talk
Byrne Robotics > Sports Talk << Prev Page of 520 Next >>
Topic: The Squared Circle Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 22 June 2010 at 4:43am | IP Logged | 1 post reply

I hope it doesn't turn out that HHH is the mystery GM, Mike.

BUT....I'd take him over Shane or Stephanie any day.

Back to Top profile | search e-mail

David Ferguson
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 22 June 2010 at 5:52am | IP Logged | 2 post reply

He gets beat up by 7 guys and loses his title on Sunday. Monday night he's no worse for wear and has that big cheesy smile on his face like nothing happened.

That annoys me. Another reason why Y2J is great. He remembers what happens to him and sells it.

Back to Top profile | search

Mike Howell
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 22 June 2010 at 10:52am | IP Logged | 3 post reply

Brian you are right, as much as I don't want HHH being involved in this, he would be 10 times better than either of them. 

David, Jericho for my money has the best facial expressions in wrestling. After a loss, the next week he'll come out with that look of disgust on his face. The slightly squinty eyes, the pursed mouth. You can read how mad he is and he doesn't need to go over the top about it.

Jason Mark Hickok
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 22 June 2010 at 11:41am | IP Logged | 4 post reply

Read a report where Owen Hart's widow (Martha Hart) is suing the WWE for continued use of his likeness.  Seems to me that after 11 years this very sad piece of wrestling history could be left alone.

Jeff Priester
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 22 June 2010 at 1:25pm | IP Logged | 5 post reply

Mike, I agree with you. Something about Raw just didnt cut it with me either. The NXT angle seems to have gotten off track a bit, but it's only week three. I hear they're continuing the angle in OVW also.

I thought Vince took some STIFF shots from the NXT guys. That slam he took from Wade was definitely stiff.

From the rumor mill, I hear the WWE might be setting up for a Shamus/ HHH match soon, with HHH possibly winning the title. Like you, I hope not. That'll be taking a step backwards for the WWE.

With Cena, I wonder where they're going with this invasion. All we see is him getting his ass kicked. I'd like Cena to go "old" school on the NXT in the near future. It would definitely liven up his stale character a bit.

I heard after the Fatal 4-way pay per view was off the air, he got on mike and talked about how he's " not happy" with all the stuff that going on. He also said he hopes "those bitches would show up tomorrow".

I know the WWE is PG now, but I can alway wish. I'd like to see some of the "old" Cena.

Mike Howell
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 22 June 2010 at 1:34pm | IP Logged | 6 post reply

Cena would be better if he could just be himself. Right now he comes across as a company shill and kiss ass to everything "WWE Universe".

Jericho is great because he goes out there and doesn't need a script. Neither does CM Punk and it works. I am sure they are given talking points of what to get over but they come up with the words. When you hear a promo that you know was written word for word it takes so much out of it. Cena at one time was awesome in promos and then he became the face of the WWE and he was watered down to who he is today.

The very best thing for Cena would to go heel and let him think for himself. Unfortunately his merchandise sells so well and being the aforementioned face of the company, the WWE will keep him how he is for years to come.

Brian Floyd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 22 June 2010 at 3:11pm | IP Logged | 7 post reply

You know what? Forget that joker Lex Luger: Chris Jericho IS the total package. He's always been one of the best in the ring and had gotten better and better on the mic even though he was already up there. The only thing is, I wish they'd quit having him even use the Walls of Jericho. I can't remember the last time he actually beat someone with it, and what's the point of continuing to use a finisher that no one expects to get the job done? (And the Liontamer > The Walls of Jericho, anyway; they should bring that back if they ever decide to have him make people tap out)

I've noticed that Sheamus has pretty good facial expressions at times. That look of shock on his face after Cena kicked out was pretty good.

And the NXT7 may be getting a new name. Apparently the WWE has copyrighted the name `The Nexus', and one of them (Wade Barrett, I think) used the word `nexus' while on the microphone.

Of course, this whole angle requires ignoring a plothole huge enough to drive a Mac truck through: 7 people are hardly a threat when you could just clear the locker room and have the whole roster gang up on them.

Mike Howell
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 22 June 2010 at 3:27pm | IP Logged | 8 post reply

Speaking of Jericho, tonight is the first episode of the game show Downfall he is hosting on ABC.

Jason Mark Hickok
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 22 June 2010 at 3:30pm | IP Logged | 9 post reply

Of course, this whole angle requires ignoring a plothole huge enough to drive a Mac truck through: 7 people are hardly a threat when you could just clear the locker room and have the whole roster gang up on them.

==========================

I kind of thought the same thing.  I was like who cares about these fools and why doesn't the whole roster just come out every time and beat them down until they give it up?  Of course, that wouldn't be much of a story.

I still think that there is someone "pulling the strings" for the NXT bunch.  Not sure what person that may be.

Brian Floyd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 22 June 2010 at 3:41pm | IP Logged | 10 post reply

Am looking forward to Downfall.

They should do a celebrity edition for charity and have Jericho host it in-character. I'd love to see him call some Hollywood actor a hypocritical parasite.

Mike Howell
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 22 June 2010 at 9:05pm | IP Logged | 11 post reply

QUOTE:
I thought Vince took some STIFF shots from the NXT guys. That slam he took from Wade was definitely stiff.

The clothesline and slam for sure were big time stiff shots. The 450 landed perfect so that wouldn't have hurt much but to put himself in that position shows me Vince has the grapefruits he brags he has.

Mike Howell
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 23 June 2010 at 3:03pm | IP Logged | 12 post reply

Anyone have thoughts on Chris Jericho's new game show Downfall?

I thought Jericho did fine. He messed up few times but it was quite minor and overall I liked his hosting. It's a lot different from what he is use to so I imagine there would be improvement over time.

The game show itself I wasn't that keen on. I'd maybe catch it again if he wasn't the host but wouldn't call it a big loss if I forgot. The prizes on the conveyor belt, especially in the first few rounds are lame and I don't much care if someone loses dance lessons.

Edited by Mike Howell on 23 June 2010 at 3:04pm

<< Prev Page of 520 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version