Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
Sports Talk
Byrne Robotics > Sports Talk << Prev Page of 519 Next >>
Topic: The Squared Circle Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 12 June 2010 at 1:54am | IP Logged | 1 post reply

Also, hey Jeff. Welcome.

WWE is indeed big on changing names. Just wish that they would have gone for names that sounded a little more normal. My only hope is perhaps they intentionally went to the ridicules so in the future Hennig and Rotunda can point out how dumb they are and begin using their real names as part of some angle. Perhaps creating a stable with Rotunda's brother who is in FCW and Ted DiBiase's brother who is there as well.

*edit*

Well a bunch more stuff has come out and it looks like Bryan Danielson being gone is pretty much likely 98% for sure legit. Someone high up was outraged after seeing it and the WWE needed a scapegoat. Hope he comes back in a few months if he is gone.

Edited by Mike Howell on 12 June 2010 at 1:56pm
Back to Top profile | search

Jeff Priester
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 12 June 2010 at 9:02pm | IP Logged | 2 post reply

I agree with you, I think Bryan is definitely the scapegoat. Vince is very big on approving everything that goes on air. I also cant see the choking not being discussed with Roberts.

The WWE just lost a major piece of talent. If that is the case with Bryan breaking the "PG" rule, then that whole segment should've never occurred.

This is the biggest thing to happen to the WWE in a looong time, and I hope they dont drop the ball on it.

Jason Mark Hickok
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 June 2010 at 10:28pm | IP Logged | 3 post reply

So TNA promises a big surprise for the PPV.  Then pull that back and give us Tommy Dreamer?  Real smooth.

Some pretty good matches but unfortunately it was mostly on the undercard.

I think Bryan Danielson will be back in the WWE within his 90-day non-compete.  Just a hunch really.
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Mike Howell
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 June 2010 at 11:59pm | IP Logged | 4 post reply

John Cena wrote about Danielson tonight on his Twitter. 

"I am very upset to hear about the release of bryan danielson. Social networks were formed so people would have a voice, and an opinon. I Know you all have your own, theories and whatnot. I respect that. I have never asked any of you to feel a certaint way about me. But Bryan left a lasting impression on the wwe universe in a very short time, and although it came at my expense, I agree with the majority Of you who are caught off guard by this choice. 

I know I'm not exactly appreciated by all, nor do I care to be, but I believe what I believe. I would like bryan to come back to the wwe. I would like to sign your petition to bring him back. I was taught to stand up for what I beileve in. I tried and failed, so I could Use some help. Tell me how to sign and I will. If for nothing else, to at least have a chance to have a match with him after what was done I know that seems a bit more fair. Give me a chance to have a fair match with him, and give him yet another chance to prove that he does Belong with us. 

Sorry for the long message, I know I am probally way out of line, I am sorry if I have offended anyone. But like me or not That is what Hustle. Loyalty. And most importantly Respect means to me. Enjoy game 5."

I bet a lot of guys in the locker room are thinking the same thing.

David Ferguson
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 June 2010 at 6:49am | IP Logged | 5 post reply

I'm gaining more and more respect for Cena.

Paul Greer
Byrne Robotics Security

Posted: 14 June 2010 at 10:07am | IP Logged | 6 post reply

I have to believe the Danielson release is a major work. He seems respected by the locker room. He is the only wrestler who got over on NXT. They actually built a real angle around him with Miz and Cole. It just seems odd the WWE would release him out of the blue.

My gut tells me this is a work to keep him separate from the NXT invasion angle. Most of those guys will be gone once the angle is over and I think managment has something better for Danielson. If he gets bogged down with those losers he may never recover in the eyes of the fans. So pull him out now and bring him back in a few months. I wouldn't be surprised if they play up the release by allowing him to work a few Ring of Honor shows in the down time.

Mike Howell
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 June 2010 at 12:03pm | IP Logged | 7 post reply

WWE looks bad to me regardless if Danielson being fired is a work or a shoot.

If he is really fired...

It was a situation easily avoided. Apparently you can hit people with steel chairs, put them through tables, if you're Batista you can try and run over John Cena with a car at Wrestlemania but choking someone out with a tie is a serious no no that no one bothered to tell Danielson. They allowed him to follow up Raw with another angle at FCW involving Christian and The Miz and then fired him late Friday under pressure from someone outside of the WWE.

Bowing to the pressure is bad enough but if they were going to, they could have at least waited until today. Cena calls out Danielson for spitting on him, demands a match. They have one hell of a match on TV and in the end Cena destroys him. Then Danielson can at least have added to the angle before he was gone. 

As it is now, what they just pretend he never existed? Try to explain that he was fired. How? If the storyline is followed, none of the NXT guys besides Wade Barrett are even under contract. If that is forgotten they say he was fired, how do they explain that choking a ring announcer was worthy of a firing but destroying the ring, beating up Cena, attacking Lawler, Striker and the timekeeper was fine and dandy for the other 7?

If this is a big work...

Wrestling is based on lies. They say the lies and we "believe" them to allow the story to unfold. Teddy Long "fired" Drew McIntyre on Smackdown. We all knew it was a storyline but for sake of the story, you believe it. CM Punk really isn't trying to get Rey Mysterio to join a Straight Edge Society and The Undertaker is not in a vegetative state. 

If tonight on Raw Brian Danielson was fired. We'd follow the story and see what happens next. The WWE would be doing what wrestling has done for decades.

The WWE has told everyone he is fired. They announced it on their website which has never been done for an angle before. They told the lawyers and executives, the people in the toy line and merchandising. They told the medical staff and most importantly, all the other wrestlers.

Lie to us, fine that's part of the game. Lie to your own people? That is going to screw with morale, cause distrust and make a lot of people wonder why they got involved with the company in the first place. 

Paul Greer
Byrne Robotics Security

Posted: 14 June 2010 at 4:07pm | IP Logged | 8 post reply

A company trying to work it's employees isn't anything new. The most recent that comes to mind is Brian Pillman. He worked his friends and other WCW employees with his crazy act. Then he blindsided WCW when they let his contract lapse for storyline purposes and he joined WWE. Originally he was supposed to go to ECW act as if he had no ties to WCW, work the smarts and then come back when the contract was signed. They let him work the boys and he in the end worked the company. It would have been a great move if the car accident hadn't happened

I'm just saying this type of work isn't without precedent. With viral marketing hitting an all time high, this is a smart way to work an angle. This has made RAW a must see show for the first time in about ten years.

Paul Greer
Byrne Robotics Security

Posted: 14 June 2010 at 4:28pm | IP Logged | 9 post reply

Here is a link to the trailer for the new Kurt Angle "shot on someones camcorder" motion picture, River of Darkness. Also co-starring Kevin Nash and Sid. This could even be worse...I mean better than Angle's last masterpiece, End Game.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xd9xsf_river-of-darkness-tr ailer_shortfilms

John Popa
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 June 2010 at 4:42pm | IP Logged | 10 post reply

The problem with these worked shoots is there's absolutely no upside for fans.  Pillman got himself out of his WCW contract and got a (for the time) REALLY lucrative WWF guaranteed contract.  But, while it made him notorious, that didn't mean it made him a draw or got him over (other than in ECW for his interviews.)

WCW in the Bischoff era was always working the boys but all it seemed to do was add to the misery to the locker room as there was no one to trust and, in the end, it was all in the name of guys like Hogan and Nash.

I don't know if the Danielson thing is legit or not but if it's not ... what possible point could there have been to it?

Brian Floyd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 June 2010 at 7:37pm | IP Logged | 11 post reply

Daniel Bryan was mentioned on RAW tonight, in a segment with Wade Barrett and the other NXT season 1 wrestlers at the beginning. I think they've set up him being a face if he returns. (Barrett said that Daniel Bryan was the only one to show remorse for what they did, and he would guarantee we wouldn't be seeing him again)

Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Victor Rodgers
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 June 2010 at 3:00am | IP Logged | 12 post reply

Kaval is awesome. 

<< Prev Page of 519 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version