Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
Sports Talk
Byrne Robotics > Sports Talk << Prev Page of 526 Next >>
Topic: The Squared Circle Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 04 June 2010 at 2:10pm | IP Logged | 1 post reply

What does everyone think of the Michael Cole feud with Daniel Bryanson?
Back to Top profile | search

Mike Howell
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 04 June 2010 at 2:32pm | IP Logged | 2 post reply

I think it's awesome to see Cole pushed around, can't stand the guy. However I'm not sure it's great for Bryan's career. It makes him look mid card to feud with an announcer. 

Some wrestlers can get past that but at his size and how the WWE usually treats guys so small, he isn't helped by Cole repeatedly burying him.

Brian Floyd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 04 June 2010 at 3:07pm | IP Logged | 3 post reply

What they should do is have him go away for a couple of months or so, change his physical appearance somewhat (grow that evil looking beard he's had before back, maybe) and come back as Bryan Danielson, pretending Daniel Bryan never existed.

Or, do that, but make it seem like everything's normal and then at some point after he has been around for a while have him just snap and go off bigtime on Cole. (I'm talking Cattle Mutilation on Cole here) Then cut a killer promo on the mic where he acknowledges that he was Daniel Bryan, but that he was forced to use that name and that he's going to force people to take him seriously now. Play up the fact he was trained by Shawn Michaels and William Regal, among others, and build him into a credible threat.

On a separate note, considering how many matches have ended with roll-ups lately, I think its about time we mix things up. Lets have a wrestler whose actual finisher is a Small Package! Not a roll-up, magistral cradle, or any other cool pinning hold. Just a simple SP.

Edited by Brian Floyd on 04 June 2010 at 3:10pm
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Richard Fisher
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 05 June 2010 at 8:14am | IP Logged | 4 post reply

I never heard of Daniel Bryan or Bryan Danielson before NXT. All I know is I wanted to slap Michael Cole for his commentary. I don't care if Cole really felt that way or if he was told to say those things, it made him sound like an idiot.

And yes, this feud did make Danielson look weak.

Michael Hogan
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 07 June 2010 at 9:07pm | IP Logged | 5 post reply

WTF was up with the ending of tonight's RAW?  In addition to the lack of entertainment value, I can't help but think -- based on the faces of some youngsters in attendance --  that some might find it a bit disturbing.  

Edited by Michael Hogan on 07 June 2010 at 9:08pm

Jason Mark Hickok
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 07 June 2010 at 10:16pm | IP Logged | 6 post reply

For some reason the 3-hour RAW's tend to be bad.  This one was just painful.  Poorly planned gimmick matches and no bout really either mattered or ended clean.  Then to have two of the top RAW heels in Jericho and Sheamus both get punked out on the same show is pretty awful stuff.

David Ferguson
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 08 June 2010 at 6:10am | IP Logged | 7 post reply

Read the results. Were the writers drunk?

Ron Sluyter
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 08 June 2010 at 9:00pm | IP Logged | 8 post reply

I just saw the replay of the end of RAW on NXT.   I thought it was good, the most interesting thing I have seen the WWE do in years.   I will definately go out of my way to watch RAW on Monday for the first time in several years.   Cena needs a good beat down every now and then.  

I agree the names for Henning and Rotunda are lame, but maybe with all the second generation wrestlers already on the roster they wanted some new names ??  Just a thought.

David Ferguson
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 09 June 2010 at 6:40am | IP Logged | 9 post reply

Someone made the point online, and I think it's funny, that everybody in the lockeroom must hate Cena because people rarely come to make the save.

Cena won points with me by getting Evan Bourne a push.

Jeff Priester
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 10 June 2010 at 2:48pm | IP Logged | 10 post reply

Hi everyone, new guy here.

Someone on a wrestling hotline made good point about Hennig & Rotunda's name changes. Often the WWE will change persons name to have "ownership" of that character. If someone were to do a search for Mike McGullicuty (sorry for the misspelling), the only reference would be a WWE reference.

Jeff Priester
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 10 June 2010 at 2:53pm | IP Logged | 11 post reply

I do have to admit, the  NXT "Invasion" caught me by surprise. For the first time in a long time, something occured without having been advertised or leaked on the net'.

I'm looking forward to the "response" by the Pros.

I have to give Cena props for trusting the rookies and taking nearly everyones finisher.

Mike Howell
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 12 June 2010 at 1:46am | IP Logged | 12 post reply

For the first time in a long time, I can't tell if I am being worked by the WWE or not.

From WWE.com

WWE has come to terms on the release of NXT first season rookie Daniel Bryan (Bryan Danielson) as of today June 11, 2010. We wish Daniel Bryan the best in all future endeavors.

It's being reported elsewhere that he was let go because during that angle on Monday, when he was choking out the ring announcer Justin Roberts with his own tie the violence went to far.

WWE has as far as I can remember only does the future endeavored thing on the website when it is legit. Firings that are angles are only reported on television. So everything points to it being legit.

However it would have a huge impact on the invasion angle to lose the best wrestler and the guy along with Wade Barrett who would really need to lead the NXT guys. Danielson isn't someone known for being an ass or troublemaker. I can't imagine he'd have done anything to Roberts not already discussed. 

Right now I'm leaning towards this being a work. Not knowing though is new and great. As someone who has been going to wrestling matched for over 30 years, to be a fan who doesn't know what will happen next is rare. Knowing every angle and move ahead of time gets boring.

<< Prev Page of 526 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version