Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
Fan Fic
Byrne Robotics > Fan Fic << Prev Page of 88 Next >>
Topic: The Invisible Woman Limited Series (Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 28 February 2005 at 8:59am | IP Logged | 1  

Darren, top notch work! Love the crispness and
confidence in you line work. Heck, you don't even
have to ink it, just boost the contrast and it'd look like
an inked page. You got a nice handle on your
anatomy work. Great job!
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Darren Taylor
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 28 February 2005 at 9:51am | IP Logged | 2  

Steve Gumm wrote:
Darren, top notch work! Love the crispness and
confidence in you line work. Heck, you don't even
have to ink it, just boost the contrast and it'd look like
an inked page. You got a nice handle on your
anatomy work. Great job!

Thanks dude, I learned just about everything worth learning from studying John...as to altering the contrast, I love inking more than pencilling so there are a few "sorts" that I'll need to see to during the inking. Normally I wouldn#t pencil this thoroughly when inking myself but wasn't sure whether I would be palming off the inks on someone else;-)

-Darren

Orlando Teuta Jr
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 28 February 2005 at 11:50am | IP Logged | 3  

Here's my badly scanned page 6. I don't have a large scanner, so I'm going to wait until I do page 7 to get them both scanned right. This is the finished version, if any of you have any changes I should make, please let me know. Also, if there's any advice or critiques you can give me, I'd appreciate it. I know I'm not ready for prime-time and if I wanted to hear what an artistic genius I am, I'd only let my family and friends see it. 
Back to Top profile | search

Stephen Rockwood
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 28 February 2005 at 12:10pm | IP Logged | 4  

As far as inking goes I would think that would be a good enough scan wouldn't it?  It's all going to be changed to black and white anyway anyway isn't it?  All the lines seem pretty good and the halves are stitched together in what appears like the right spots.
Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

Danny Black
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 28 February 2005 at 6:38pm | IP Logged | 5  

Great work so far guys!  I'm betting we'll get 70,000 views, by George.

Who will give me the honor of inking a page of their inspiring pencil artwork?

Jacob P Secrest
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 28 February 2005 at 7:07pm | IP Logged | 6  

Danny, once I get mine uploaded you can ink page 14.
Back to Top profile | search | www

Danny Black
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 28 February 2005 at 7:38pm | IP Logged | 7  

Thank you sir, it will be my pleasure.

Jacob P Secrest
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 28 February 2005 at 8:12pm | IP Logged | 8  

No problem.
Back to Top profile | search | www

Steve Gumm
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 01 March 2005 at 12:47am | IP Logged | 9  

Orlando,

I think everyone's a bit shy to offer a critique because they might be read as a hardass but I'm going to offer my opinion anyway. I like the design of the panels. I think the camera angles work well. I particularly like the wormeye view on panel one. I think panel 3 works well with the exception that the characters are too small for the room. You have a nice big panel and the characters only take up a small portion of it. You could keep the same scene and blow the characters up 150% cropping off their lower bodies and that would improve the panel. I like how you conveyed Sue's strain in panel four, good expression. I like how you broke up the plane of the ceiling on panel 1, I would like to see you continue to do something similar to the walls of the room. They are too flat even though there you have plenty of detail none of it comes off the plane of the wall. Perhaps you could add a high tech desk with monitors and chairs in the corner to break up the cubeness of the room and keep it from looking empty. The last panel also needs the cube broken up somewhat. You might add a small table and lamp in the corner, a grandfather clock along the wall coming towards us and maybe a small portion of a chair on the panel's far right. I think Sue is too thick, for example in the last panel her arms are heavy and her shoulders are too wide. Bear in mind, this comes from one who has to constantly redraw my female figures until I finally feel I got their shape looking DECENT, not great, not good, just plain ol’ decent.

There I did it. Please don't throw tomatoes at me.

James Stewart
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 01 March 2005 at 7:50am | IP Logged | 10  

i like the page Orlando have you drew it on 2 pieces of A3 paper?

Stephen Rockwood
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 01 March 2005 at 8:35am | IP Logged | 11  

Danny, you can ink my pages if you want when they are done.  I'm still working on page three (then I'll do two, then one) but it seems to be coming along nicely.

One question to the inkers of the board...do you guys normally just ink in Photoshop or do you actually print something out and then ink that?

Also...for everyone...I'm going to leave space on page one at the bottom for credits and a title...how much space do you think would be appropriate?

James Stewart
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 01 March 2005 at 9:11am | IP Logged | 12  

Hey Stephen i liked your Avengers bathroom matt,how about sticking a Namor bubble bath figure in there.you know the ones where the heads screw off.Just a thought.How are you coming on with your splash page anyway. it brings on a whole new meaning to splash page eh?. I don't think we have a title yet either.i think once  the whole issue is penciled Mike O'Brian is going to script it.

As for inking i might try useing a sharpie on one page and digi-ink the others on photoshop.  I'm still on the breakdown stages,I have the panel count done ,but still tinkering with angles and such.

I think it would be cool if Darren done the cover,if JB doesn't want to that is.(can but dream)

<< Prev Page of 88 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version